Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

A Country Without Light And Fuel. Who Are We To Really Blame? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Country Without Light And Fuel. Who Are We To Really Blame? (395 Views)

Christmas And Fuel Punishment For Nigerians / A City In Nigeria Without Light ( With Picture As Proof ) / Man Tweets To PHCN About Light And Gets A Reply (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Country Without Light And Fuel. Who Are We To Really Blame? by marshupafrica: 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Article by KENNEDY TAREOTU for Marshup Africa/ America. It was a very cold harmattan filled morning in my home in Lagos, just around Pleasure, Iyana Ipaja, when the ikeja electricity distribution worker came into my compound to pass the light bill. I went to him being candid and pained, having seen 7,890 naira as the bill. I wasn’t bothered by the money implemented as my bill, I was more eager to know how an incompetent structure in control of the distribution of electricity had failed in giving the area light throughout the month November to an extent it caused a rout, which made them to pass a compensation notice, giving the citizens in the area electricity for only one hour per day and night, in a total of 24 hours in December.

It’s an artful aspersion to the citizens, having the Ikeja Electricity distribution company branch just on the road at AJE street, in the same area and still failed to give nothing less than 1 hour of light per day, and yet pass an over 7000 naira bill for the people to pay.

I was disgruntled, visiting my mum and spending weeks with her just to realize she survives based on electrical basis on fuel, for in November it was a total black out, and in December a one hour in 24 hours of light per day, and yet still pay around 39 usd/ 7890 naira for one hour of light per day.

It is not a fault of the citizens who the government would charge rigorous claims of not paying bills without light, it’s for us to ratify in truth, The NIGERIAN Government has failed her people in so many ways, but after 50 years a nation that cannot supply electricity to her people is incompetent and not worth to be looked upon as a developing nation.

The defaulter of the past is always a look at in this regime of Change, led by President Buhari that doesn’t seem to see anything else done but travel and seek ways to prosecute embezzlers.

It is my open letter to say ‘as a President, you are logically a Father to a family, whose concern is to settle the need of the family, which are shelter, feeding and an assurance of a better future to the siblings of the family, which are the citizens of the nation. The everyday pursuit of thieves is a desertion of priorities, even if it should be glared on as a priority; it cannot stand as number one to a nation with diversities of challenges’

Nigeria as a country has long failed to register a worthy standard of living, with the poor not able to survive on our daily meals lesser than a dollar. It is of total truth, that the cost of living in United state of America is higher than the Cost of living in Nigeria, yet the average is likely to finely survive because of the minimum wage and salaries which is higher than the monthly expenditure on any scale of preference.... continue reading http://www.marshupafrica.com/news/nigeria-acountrywithoutlight
Re: A Country Without Light And Fuel. Who Are We To Really Blame? by XaintJoel20: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
Body odour
Re: A Country Without Light And Fuel. Who Are We To Really Blame? by Oladimejy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
The past administration of GEJ

(1) (Reply)

Man In Spider-man Mask Robs Bank In North Georgia / All Things Must Be Set Before The Hair Styling. / On Going Power Failure In Ijebu Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.