Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 (902 Views)

Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
FORMER Lagos State governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, yesterday hailed The Sun, describing the newspaper as a credible news plat- form, which fought hard for the institution and stabilisation of democracy in the country. He said this and many other reasons informed his acceptance of The Sun Man of the Year 2015 Award. Speaking in his Lagos office while receiving a letter, notifying him of his choice as The Sun Man of the Year, Tinubu described The Sun’s awards as the most credible, emphasising that his award is a perfect New Year gift.
The former Lagos State governor said The Sun was living up to its name, as the voice of the nation, confessing that he reads the paper every day.

He said: “The Sun has been the heart of information and democratic crusade in the country. I read The Sun daily and I enjoy your editorials. You are forthright; you are constructive and you are patriotic. Therefore, I am a well-informed individual about the media.”

He also stated: “There could be no politics without the media. Any politician who does not pay attention to the media has left human for the animal world.”
The APC national leader said he was genuinely pleased that he was chosen by The Sun as The Man of the Year, adding that the decision clearly showed that The Sun awards are not laced in politics or other sentiments but on merit.
He also said: “I am sincerely happy and I am serious. This is a sincere encouragement to me to continue to push for full democratisation within the rule of law .
“Nigeria has lost many things as a result of poor leadership. There could be no African renaissance without good leadership. A full democratisation of Nigeria, under the rule of law, principle of federalism and commitment to the welfare of the people are extremely important.”
Giving an insight into how far progressives led by him and other well-meaning Nigerians laboured to get to where the country is today, Tinubu said: “We attempted it in 2007, then 2011. We had democratic movements trying to pull it through. With perseverance and determination, not giving up, we got to where we are.
“The nation needs political competitiveness. Today, we are facing challenges. These challenges cannot be surmounted for the country to move from potential to reality without the media.”
Tinubu further praised The Sun and the media generally for helping the country to get to where it is today.
He said: “We feel that your organisation has played a committed role in our democracy, otherwise, you won’t be here. There are more people in the democratic trenches and market place than Bola Tinubu. For you to have chosen me, to have identified my contributions shows that you are critically objective and sincerely committed to human value and contributions in all fields of endeavour.
“You have challenged Nigerians to do more for humanity through your intellectual inquisitiveness. I accept the award. I will make a date with my wife and we will honour the award, by the grace of God. I can only say that this is a very good New Year gift to me.”
Earlier, in his speech, before presenting the letter, the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of The Sun Publishing Ltd, Mr Eric Osagie, said Tinubu played a key role in growing democracy in the country, describing him as a change agent.
He said: “We are here to present the award letter to you as the winner of the 2015 The Sun Man of the Year Award. We want to present a letter to the man who brought change and revolution in Nigeria’s politics. Our award has never been for sale, it is not available to the highest bidder. When our Board of Editors met, everybody said if anybody is talking about democracy today, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the Field Marshal of democracy.
“Your Excellency’s strategic roadmap in alligning the North with the South was fundamental to the APC victory in the 2015 general elections. You were instrumental to the merger of parties, bringing parties like CPC, ANPP, ACN, part of APGA together. You have made leaders, that there are so many today who belong to the Bola Tinubu leadership school.”
On The Sun entourage are Executive Director, Special Duties, Mr. Bolaji Tunji; Editor, Daily Sun, Mr. Onuoha Ukeh; General Manager, Marketing & Corporate Services, Mrs. Neta Nwosu, Editor, Sunday Sun, Mr Abdulfatah Oladeinde and Assistant Editor, Politics, Mr. Iheanacho Nwosu

Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by Pidggin(f): 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
The Sun must be a media change agent
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by comos: 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
sun man my foot
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by kennydee05(m): 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
congratulations to Jagaban himself .

Note: wailers should please stop quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
CRIMINAL.......
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by Fanirandele: 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
i agree
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by DropShot: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Good one.

GEJ is my man of the year for 2015. cool cool cool
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by johnmartus(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
WELL DESERVE
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
CRIMINAL.......
Go to a court of competent jurisdiction and prove it. grin

Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by badonkadonk: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
I smell FP soon
Re: Tinubu Is Sun Newspaper Man Of The Year For 2015 by JingoOAU(m): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tinubu is just telling them what they wanna hear...darkness and light can never meet

The ideology of the founder of Sun newspaper is quite different from BAT

I can boldly say this award is just an effort to placate BAT and better their fortunes at the federal level

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: Blast From The Past - Déjà Vu / Where Was Jonathan When Dasukigate Money Was Being Shared? / The New Olisa Metuh Look – You Won’t Recognize Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.