Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. (1257 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home / 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Donniefred(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
You never imagined the pain your child goes through when you utter some negative words to them, not just pain, but the damages you inflict into the life of your innocent child through your tongue.

Words are powerful enough to bring down an entire kingdom not to talk of your little child. You utter phrases out of anger and frustration than can never be reversed into the life of your child, thinking it wouldn't affect them. The effects of these negative phrases may not manifest now but in the nearest future.

Children are too emotional therefore using these phrases on them can ruin their lives on daily bases.

These are some of the phrases often used by parents;

"I Wished You Were More Like Your Brother"

There is no gain or an award for comparing your kids. One's ability or behaviour will always different from the other just as our fingers are not functioning the same way. This phrase creates resentment among them, one will green-eyed the other therefore leading to the rise of hatred for each other. The moment you utter this phrase on one in the presence of the other, you are sending a message that one is more IMPORTANT than the other.

Your kids are UNIQUE in his/her own way. Make them feel their importance in your life as parents.

"You Can Never Do Anything Right"!

Imagine the uncomfortable feelings and the sad expression on your innocent child when you yield "you can never do the right thing". He is hurt with that phrase, the child feels he/she is bootless and incompetent to get things done the right way.

If a child broke something or ruined a cake, you get mad, in expression of your anger, you uttered this phrase and haul abuses on your poor innocent child. But first, think and ask your self what is more important, your kid? Or your treasure that will only last for few days? I guess your answer should be what I'm thinking. Learn to control your words in anger.

"Cry Me A River, I Don't Care"

Believe me there are parents that utter this phrase. As adult, we often make mistake of thinking that children has no worries, disappointment or fears, you think they are just "kids".

Children have just as much, if not, more emotional capacity than we adults, they can't express or calm themselves the way we adults can, isn't that worst? Never belittle a fear, a scratch, a doubt or a conflict that eats up your child. Give him a helping hand to overcome it on a healthy way, show them you care amidst their pain.

"You Are Stupid, Fat, Ugly And Simpleton"

Your children believes whatever you tell them, We(parents) are like their "Google" to supply any information they needed. You remain the most reliable source of information therefore they believe whatever you tell them.

You tell your kid he/she is stupid, dumb, nitwit, dimwit and all that...What do you thinkĀ about outsiders, if you as a mother/father/guardian say all these to your kid and an outsider seconded, how do you think your child will feel? Imagine the pain your kid is going through.

Do not tarnish the self esteem of your child with negative adjectives, feed their ears with all the sweet words you can possibly think of. Give them the feelings that they are kings and queens.

http://www.dtimesng.com/2015/11/phrases-you-should-never-say-to-your.html?m=1
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by yuzed(f): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
I agree with u.

The things we say to our kids goes a long way in helping to shape or reshape them.
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Donniefred(m): 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
yuzed:
I agree with u.

The things we say to our kids goes a long way in helping to shape or reshape them.

Yes Sire.
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Oladimejy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
Is english my mother language.....................Daddy:The man eat my money when he is the manager of my company.....................Child:Daddy,daddy when did money turn to food...........................Daddysadangry)are u okay..i was in school before your english teacher...get out of here..bastard...LOLZ
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Cutehector(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
Am neva gona be like my dad to my kids...

1 Like

Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Donniefred(m): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
Cutehector:
Am neva gona be like my dad to my kids...
Share your story
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Cutehector(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
Donniefred:
Share your story
am sorry i cant, this is social media...
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by 2tanG0: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
oh, how I wish.............
Re: Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. by Donniefred(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
cool

(1) (Reply)

I Can Only Marry A Nigerian Man Whose Mum Is Dead. / Man Grow Breast After Having Sex With Friend Wife (photo) / Check Out The First Thing This Woman Did Immediately After Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.