Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. (772 Views)

Court Dismisses Six Count Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Orders Re-Arraignment / Orji Uzor Kalu’s Re-arraignment: Court Fixes May 16 / Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by PhockPhockMan: 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
A Federal High Court in Abuja has reserved date for the re-arraignment of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the director of outlawed Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu on charges of terrorism.
Justice Ahmed Mohammed yesterday told defence counsel, Ifeanyi Ejiofor that the case could not go on because the prosecution was not notified of fresh charges.
He adjourned the case to a later date to enable parties be served with notice of the arraignment.
Another Federal High Court, Abuja presided by Justice Adeniyi Ademola had on December 17 ordered the unconditional release of Kanu after the Department of State Services (DSS) failed to bring criminal charges against him.
This followed a similar order by Magistrate Shuaibu Usman of an Abuja Magistrate Court discharging Kanu of alleged criminal conspiracy, managing and belonging to an unlawful society, and criminal intimidation brought before the court on October 19. The offences contravene Sections 97 (b), and 397 of the Penal Code.
But the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Mohammed Diri, on Thursday filed a fresh six-count charge bordering on felony and terrorism against Kanu. Those charged with him are: Benjamin Madubugwu, and David Nwawusi.
Meanwhile, the court has granted leave to Kanu’s counsel Ejiofor to file an application today for his bail pending the trial.
According to Ejiofor the DSS has shown it is not ready to prosecute Kanu while refusing to comply with the orders made by the courts to release him.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/biafra-court-reserves-date-for-kanu-s-re-arraignment/125686.html
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Destined2win: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
correct your heading, it is 'rearraignment' not 'rearrangement'
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
Make I no talk anything bad because of my new Igbo girl friend. GOD bless Nigeria cool
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Ijaya123: 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
By the time the governent is through with this chap, he will wish he never embarked on the journey. I just pity those gullibles that have been misled and those that have lost loved ones.
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Destined2win: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
sameer1212:
Make I no talk anything bad because of my new Igbo girl friend. GOD bless Nigeria cool

What you say doesn't matter
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Brightology2(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
K
Re: Biafra: Court Reserves Date For Re-arraignment . Daily Trust. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ijaya123:
By the time the governent is through with this chap, he will wish he never embarked on the journey. I just pity those gullibles that have been misled and those that have lost loved ones.

They can't intimidate this guy. Nothing on earth will make him regret he's not a coward. Man dies but once and everybody will die one day. And death is death anyhow it comes. If anything will make him regret, it is the betrayal of some Igbo people whom he's fighting for, not the govt.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pdp Suffers Setback As 5,000 Members Defect To Apc / If I Was Worried About Nigeria Before,now I Am Double Worried: Kayode Ogundamisi / Dasuki’s Wife Begs DSS To Put Her In Custody With Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.