Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America (2379 Views)

Isaac Obe: Ex-Youth President Murdered In Eleme, Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Nigerian Woman Olufunmilola Obe Becomes 1st African Nypd Police Inspector In Nyc / Olufunmilola Obe: New York Police Department Promotes Her To Inspector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by hadaydoyin(m): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
A Nigerian-American, Olufunmilayo Obe has been promoted to the rank of Inspector in America, the first African ever to be so promoted in the history of New York Police Department.

Her promotion was announced at a ceremony at Police headquarters in Manhattan on Friday, December 18, 2015, there was a tumultuous roar of approval from the audience of many Nigerians and other African leaders in the New York region, who had been invited to witness the ceremony, including Imam Souleymane Konate.

See full story: http://expressng.com/2015/12/nigerian-olufunmilayo-obe-becomes-first-african-police-inspector-in-america/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by kayfra: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nigeria Kwenu!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by doublewisdom: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hope she doesn't introduce "park and show your papers " over there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by ify2016: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congrats

That one no comot anything for normal punishment for any American law offenders especially the street guys trooping everywhere in NY
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Tolexander: 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congrats!

May God not let you be inflicted with the spirit of bribery as it is common to police here.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Tolexander: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
doublewisdom:
inner light

Show your particular!
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Wow awesome we are pacesetters

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
Proudly Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by obinnashady(m): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
I go settle with 20dollars #period
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
And they wonder why Yoruba men have their seeds in almost every woman around your corner.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by kettykings: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
Wow for selective Amnesia, if it is one Ken Olisa or Chuka Umunna some hypocrites will come with their hypocritical analysis of how he is no longer a Nigerian or biafran or igbo but a full blown British but when it has to do with someone whose origin has to do with them the story changes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by osesology(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congrats to her. I hope she doesn't start acting like she's white and start molesting dem nig*as. Black officers have a reputation for doing that.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Yoruba and Igbo are the most educated and most traveled in Nigeria but they still allowed primary school pupil to be their president

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by mostyg(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by YoruBanger: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
kettykings:
Wow for selective Amnesia, if it is one Ken Olisa or Chuka Umunna some hypocrites will come with their hypocritical analysis of how he is no longer a Nigerian or biafran or igbo but a full blown British but when it has to do with someone whose origin has to do with them the story changes

Slow your roll and take it easy bwoy, and take a chill pill.. you need it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by YoruBanger: 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
....the first African ever to be so promoted in the history of New York Police Department.

Now this right here ...is frigging awesome! shocked

Cc: lalasticala, Seun, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Pidggin(f): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
Good! If she was in Nigeria she would have been marginalised, thank God for her.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by RockMaxi: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
doublewisdom:

Fear not, she's of a sterling quality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by kettykings: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
YoruBanger:

Slow your roll and take it easy bwoy, and take a chill pill.. you need it. cheesy

Thank you for the pill very nice and kind of you but the hypocrisy emanating from certain parts of Nigeria reeks with deep trepidation and insecurity on the progress of other people, how can someone tell me Ken olisa, the most powerful black Britain is not Nigerian and not igbo and come here to celebrate another foreign person as Nigerian.

The mods even moved the Ken olisa thread to another section, I think the celebrity section or something related to that.
Please can someone tell me what really is happening in nairaland.com? Is this site reeking of nepotism and tribalism?

Before I am banned again it is just a question I asked.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by YoruBanger: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
kettykings:

Thank you for the pill very nice and kind of you but the hypocrisy emanating from certain parts of Nigeria reeks with deep trepidation and insecurity on the progress of other people, how can someone tell me Ken olisa, the most powerful black Britain is not Nigerian and not igbo and come here to celebrate another foreign person as Nigerian.

The mods even moved the Ken olisa thread to another section.
Please can someone tell me what really is happening in nairaland.

Guy, I repeat that you really do need to chill out and quit seeing everything from a jaundiced and tribal lens! The Ken Olisa thread you speak of had over 42,000 views dammit! It HIT FRONT PAGE! WHAT MORE DO YOU FVCKING WANT??!! I don't get the way some of y'all reason, I'm sorry. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/2755615/ken-olisa-most-powerful-black

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by johnmartus(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
studio14:
Yoruba and Igbo are the most educated and most traveled in Nigeria but they still allowed primary school pupil to be their president
FOOLISH YOU ARE EKU ORIRE BRO
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Johnnoah1st: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by johnmartus(m): 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
kettykings:

The mods even moved the Ken olisa thread to another section, I think the celebrity section or something related to that.
Please can someone tell me what really is happening in nairaland.com? Is this site reeking of nepotism and tribalism?

WHO SAY HE IS NOT A NIGERIA?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Kx: 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
We don't hear of first European,first Australian, first Arabian,its always first African, is the white man not stereotyping and labeling us to merely make us feel happy while doing their things?
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by kettykings: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2015
YoruBanger:

Guy, I repeat that you really do need to chill out and quit seeing everything from a jaundiced and tribal lens! The Ken Olisa thread you speak of had over 42,000 views dammit! It HIT FRONT PAGE! WHAT MORE DO YOU FVCKING WANT??!! I don't get the way some of y'all reason, I'm sorry. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/2755615/ken-olisa-most-powerful-black

Actually I was piqued by the level of hypocrisy of some fellows, it is not about thread views but at how some people can switch opinions within seconds based on where the pendulum swings.
Thanks again for the pill.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Ebukaobi: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2015
Inferiority complex

You guys are so intimidated by Yorubas

kettykings:

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by kettykings: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ebukaobi:
Inferiority complex

You guys are so intimidated by Yorubas

men LWKMD

Intimidated by who or what really, by their intelligence or brilliance or what.
By the way are you igbo or an igbo impostor.
Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Super1Star: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
Another good news coming from Nigerians of O'dua descent.

I thought some jokers said they are the only ones that travels.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by htconeline: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
won ti mope omo yoruba nii.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by Jobneeded12: 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
Yoruba take over of America

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by AshiwajuFoward: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
htconeline:
won ti mope omo yoruba nii.

grin grin grin

Yes o. The nation of a 100-million Jagabans cheesy cool. Omo, the track is off the chain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZG1yi0EJE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America by magicminister: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nigerians go abroad and perform wonders but in nigeria, tribalism, bad belleism and ever "ism" keeps holding us back.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba From Mile 2 Lagos Called For Dissolution Of Nigeria After The Unrest / PHOTOS: President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives China / IPODS.........Are Africa's biggest Hypocrites!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.