Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

"I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu (4179 Views)

Lai Mohammed Urges TB Joshua To Remain In Nigeria / I’ll Rather Remain In My House Than Have Sheriff As PDP Chairman— Bode George / Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Ebay14(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
There was drama at a Federal High
Court in Abuja today, December 23,
when Nnamdi Kanu, the director of
Radio Biafra and a leader of the
Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)
made an objection in court.
On calling the case, the court clerk had
asked the accused person, Kanu, alongside
two others – Benjamin Madubugwu and
David Nwawuisi, if they understand
English, a procedure normally done before
hearings.
But instead of answering the clerk’s
question, Kanu began by saying he has an
objection to make. His counsel, Vincent
Obetta, in his advice urged his client to
wait for the case to be fully mentioned
before any further objection.
After the clerk was done with calling of the
case and the accused person, the judge, A.
R. Mohammed, said: “ It will be good to
appreciate and take into consideration the
objection raised by the defendant.”
At the judge’s permission, Nnamdi Kanu
went further with his objection after being
handed a microphone by the court clerk.
He said: “ Thank you very much my
lordship, but my objection is that I will
not receive a fair trial before this court.
The information I got is that I will not
receive a fair trial before this court
“I will not sacrifice the due process of law
because of speedy court process over the
principle of natural process on the altar of
speedy release. In other words, I would
rather remain in detention than subject
myself to a trial that I know amounts to
perversion of justice.
“Your lordship, previous court rulings
have been given by courts of competent
jurisdiction in this country, Nigeria which
were not carried out by the DSS.”
Done speaking, Kanu handed over the
microphone to the court clerk.
Just immediately, the prosecuting counsel,
Mohammed Diri, having heard the
objections of the defendant said: “ First, he
objects trial by your lordship because he
believes he is not going to get fair trail.
Two, he said, the trial before your
lordship will amount to perversion of
justice.
“ He said the rule of the law is clear and
that the defendant may object to his trial
at any time.
“Your lordship before the defendant can
object to his trial, he has to file an
application objecting his trial before this
court .”
He said in that application the defendant
is expected to exhibit special evidences why
he should not be tried by a particular
court.
Diri said that this will enable the court
and the prosecutors to properly reply to the
defendant.
“ And this has not been done in this
case,” he added.

watch video :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxXAQYKyX0&feature=youtu.be

source : https://www.naij.com/676200-id-rather-remain-detention-drama-court-nnamdi-kanu-refuses-take-plea.html

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
Then in detention he shall remain!
bastard. I no blame am sha.. #NaWetinDasukiCause

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Boomark(m): 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:

bastard. I no blame am sha..
#NaWetinDasukiCause

So much hatred. As if he once broke your heart Humans behaving as if they were trained in a zoo with wild animals.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
kanu is bold...I like him...

8 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2015
So the tout can mention 'Nigeria'. I tot it was a zoo to him and his band of clueless ones.
Nnamdi Kanu @ the mercy of a zoo court.
Merry christmas to you. Chukwuokikeabiama will soon break u out from the jail of the zoo.
F00lish man.

4 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Ebay14(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
justified19:
one thing i admire in him

10 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by dikeigbo2(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause

Children of hate

14 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by ibe9ja: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
Is this boy still alive?
Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Mack3N: 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause
You will be taken seriously when you stop scamming under the guise of "female" and assume your male status.

8 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by ViVaMadrid: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
When you pick Under 5.5 goals, and stake 100k and Real Madrid plays 10-2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by eyesofgod: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
If you don't believe you will get a fair trial, it is then safe to say you won't also get a fair bail. The only way to resolve the imbroglio is perpetual detention.

1 Like

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by kettykings: 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
This is what Nigerians should expect from the devilish APC government in power, detention with out trial, shooting at unarmed protesters and deprivation of human rights

7 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Kyase(m): 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause
Make mynd44 catch you, na after new year you go come back

1 Like

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by nobilis: 5:02am On Dec 24, 2015
I wonder why Nigerians are like this.
We are the ones doing these things to ourselves yet tomorrow we will come out and blame our leaders.

What most of us here are reading is where he said he would rather stay in detention.
You didn't read where he said courts of competent jurisdiction have given rulings on his matter which the DSS never obeyed.

It doesn't concern anyone that the FG is blatantly flouting court orders maybe because you hate the person of Kanu.
The only time we will become concerned is when it is someone that we like.

It is a very big shame.
We get the kind of leaders we deserve in this country and that serves us right.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by EternalTruths: 5:17am On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause

You are a complete village girl grin

Go and read up on Scottish referendum. cool

5 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:42am On Dec 24, 2015
Freedom fighters always get hard abuse, denial of fundamental human right, severe treatment and imprisonment but God always sees them through. I remember Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and others. I don't know this man before until FG publicize him and I am beginning to love him. Nothing binds Nigeria together culturally, religiously, psychologically and intimately except the oil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Tkester: 5:55am On Dec 24, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Freedom fighters always get hard abuse, denial of fundamental human right, severe treatment and imprisonment but God always sees them through. I remember Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and others. I don't know this man before until FG publicize him and I am beginning to love him. Nothing binds Nigeria together culturally, religiously, psychologically and intimately except the oil.

Bro, Unfortunately the FG is making our case. I never knew Nnamdi Kanu will be this courageous, believe it or not this his actions have actually moved the struggle to a higher gear. I now believe in the Biafran project more than I had actually wanted to.

9 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause

The world is seeing yorubas for who they are...wicked, jealous and envious of Biafrans. Ugly people...God made like this for a reason.

6 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by kingdompropty: 6:03am On Dec 24, 2015
I thought Ngeneku said he was begging grin from detention? Not an Igbo man.

12 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:

#NaWetinDasukiCause

Every Nnamdi threads, all other tribes would view and say nothing as expected from people with conscience however one particular tribe called yoruba...they can't control themselves at the mention of Biazfra or Kanu; they literally lose every sense of reason, some even wishing him death? Wow! The world is seeing yorubas for who they are...wicked, jealous and envious of Biafrans. Ugly people...God made you like this for a reason.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by mykemiley(f): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2015
Abeg remain oo so dat diz xmas rice and chicken go fit do us...I no wan chop half...
Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Naijji: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2015
Tricky one for the govt

1 Like

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Pearlyakin(m): 7:10am On Dec 24, 2015
The Fg should free this guy,am a Yoruba but i love his courage, boldness and agitation.
#Buharifreekanu"

2 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by drss(m): 7:15am On Dec 24, 2015
in just 7 months, d zoo under buari dullaard has bcom somalia were courts don't exist talkless of obeying dem.

3 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Teeboy22(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2015
justified19:
Bold 5 ni grin
Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Teeboy22(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2015
Boomark:

So much hatred. As if once broke your heart Humans behaving as if they were trained in a zoo with wild animals.

what is this one saying

MUMU

2 Likes

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2015
naija8080:

The world is seeing yorubas for who they are...wicked, jealous and envious of Biafrans. Ugly people...God made like this for a reason.

FYI oga, I'm a pure Igbo girl. buh I will never support this evil man called nnamdi or waheva his name is.

1 Like

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by najoke: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2015
naija8080:

Every Nnamdi threads, all other tribes would view and say nothing as expected from people with conscience however one particular tribe called yoruba...they can't control themselves at the mention of Biazfra or Kanu; they literally lose every sense of reason, some even wishing him death? Wow! The world is seeing yorubas for who they are...wicked, jealous and envious of Biafrans. Ugly people...God made you like this for a reason.
Typical of the chest beater tribe always blaming the yorubas 4 every comment dt is not in support of BIA-BIA-FRAUD on the yorubas.
When will you people get small sense. ..stop blaming the yorubas 4 ur present predicament.

1 Like

Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by Boomark(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2015
Teeboy22:

what is this one saying

MUMU

Are you an animal? You just grabbed my comment like an Antelope.

Adamu-mu.
Re: "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu by EternalTruths: 8:45am On Dec 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:

FYI oga, I'm a pure Igbo girl. buh I will never support this evil man called nnamdi or waheva his name is.

Na wa oooo

Even lizards now claim Igbo undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anti-rape Condoms With Teeth For Women (pics) / Wike On The Run As Amaechi Releases Shocking Statement / Dozens Of EU Parliamentarians Protests Against Nnamdi Kanu's Incarceration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.