Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Importance Of Salat! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Importance Of Salat! (952 Views)

Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? / Importance Of Salat / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Salat! by justnaby: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2009
Importance of salat (prayer)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,
This is an effort to remind ourselves of the most important thing in our deeds as Muslims. Just a few minutes of your time to read this and reflect on your lives is all I ask for. Hope it will make a difference.
Ibn umar (R.A) narrated that; the messenger of Allah (s.a.w) ‘Islam is based on the following 5 principles:
1. To testify that ‘none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
2. Iqamat-as-salat (to offer salat i.e. compulsory congregational prayers dutifully and perfectly)
3. To pay zakkat.
4. To perform hajj.
5. To observe fasting according to the teachings of Islam during the month of Ramadan.
Therefore the importance of salat cannot be undermined. But today brothers and sisters play with their salats. Praying whenever they wish, not taking their time to follow the right steps, praying in a rush in other to finish and continue with other worldly activities.

Narrated by abdullahi ibn masud (r.a): I asked the prophet (s.a.w); which deed is the dearest to Allah? He replied, ‘to offer salat at their early stated fixed times’. I asked, ‘what is the next in goodness?’ he replied, ‘to be good and dutiful to one`s parents’. I again asked, ‘what is the next ?’ he replied, ‘to perform in religious fighting in Allah`s cause. Abdullah added ‘these were told by Allah`s messenger (s.a.w) and if I had asked more, he would have told me more’.
As we are all slaves of Allah s.w.t. and trying to earn his blessings, it is only appropriate that the best way to do this is by performing those acts dearest to Him.

Abu Huraira (r.a) also narrated that; I heard the prophet (s.a.w) saying, ‘if there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it 5 times a day, would you notice any dirt on him?’ they said ‘not a trace of dirt will be left.’ The prophet (S.A.W) added, ‘that is the example of 5 salats which Allah blots out(annuls) evil deeds’.
There is  great importance of offering salat and not thinking of other things. That is Satan’s way of distracting us. For a person in prayer is speaking privately to his lord.

Anas (r.a) narrated ; the prophet (s.a.w) said, ‘Do the prostration properly and do not put your fore arms flat with elbows touching the ground like a dog. And if you want to spit, do not spit to your front or your right for the person in salat is speaking in private to his lord’.

Well, salat is our means of communicating with Allah (s.w.t) our creator. We praise him during salat and we ask him of our needs through salat. Let us take our time to do it well. Imagine when you are in front of your boss in the office, or your parents, you become calm and speak gently so as not to displease them. Then what about the most high, the creator of you and me and everything between the heaven and earth? We have so much to thank him for. Sao please brothers and sisters, try and give your daily prayers more concentration.

I hope this will make us go back and learn more on salat and also correct our frequent mistakes in salat. May Allah guide us and also forgive us all our sins and mistakes. May He make it easy for us in this life and the hereafter. Amin.
[
Re: Importance Of Salat! by fizzybaba(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2009
it is the hallmark of our worship.
Re: Importance Of Salat! by Abuzola(m): 12:55am On Aug 20, 2009
Shukran ya justnab

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Love The Creator / Get Start With Online Quran Courses / 'islam Is Reviving British Values', Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Rowan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.