Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund (14296 Views)

Manufacturers Worried As Monthly Gas Expenses Hits N220bn / CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220 Million MSME Fund / N220bn MSME Fund: CBN To Grant Loans To Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by loomer: 8:32am On Dec 24, 2015
Paper development. Make I hear say them gree give people the loan
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by IRIENBOY(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2015
Ok
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by ib22003(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2015
It is a nightmare starting up in nigeria. The cost is just to high and the incentive to do so is too Low. We keep importing and what does that do to us, it takes all our money abroad and the economy has a lot of products but no money to buy. The government should please work on Power and Internet Pricing and Increase the crack down on this So called Yahoo boys. They are really tarnishing the image of nigeria. There is a Lot of Money to be made legitimatly on the internet. The success rate of those boys is just at 1% and they are making millions now imagine being Legit . The lady who trainned me in email marketing makes $9000 monthly from email marketing alone and lead generation. When you are thinking of starting up focus on other countries not only nigeria(online Businesses). my email is ib22003@gmail.com, if you need help
echelons:
Good initiative. The problem is that we don't have credible credit rating system in the country and the bank's will never be comfortable lending (or giving Bank Gauranty) to Start ups.
If this us strictly monitored and adequately implemented, the SME sector of the economy will be adequately stimulated.
Young Entrepreneurs should come together and put together profitable and sustainable ideas that can win them the facilities.

I wish we had Emefiele as CBN governor all these while, not this Northern King we had that turned the bank as a political party and propaganda unit.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by santuse: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2015
Nice initiative from CBN, not when banks will ask startups to pay 20% or sum to be borrowed or landed property as collateral.
Change is here and it will keep getting better
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by LastProphet: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2015
Icecomrade:
This is one the good initiative of the GEJ administration.
Whats new here .?

The condition given by CBN TO DMB which customers must meet before accessing these funds is quite stringent

This present administration should do review if they lack fresh initiative

you must be a foool like all pdp zombies to tell us here that accepting educational certificate as collateral is GEJ's idea, i wonder how you have a head on your shoulder

2 Likes

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by geesilver(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2015
mikaael:

U better pray its Dasuki dats in charge...he sure knws hw to distribute money
Hahahahahahahahah santa dasuki he dey cool his head for kuje prison.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by geesilver(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2015
Demmocrats:

I swear, you be correct Nigerian.
Wetin man go do, afterall na our money dey wan borrow us?.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by Bgino(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2015
Mackson01:
That is the only way the economy can grow itself. Not the hype & scam of largest economy of Jonathan & iweala
stop all these hate speech..this was a jonathans administation initiative enshrined in the YWIN project..copy copy economics....no new remarkable macro economic policy.they just manufactured another acronym and economic coinage for jonathans sure p project

1 Like

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by fennels007(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2015
please, am I qualified to access the loan.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by musicwriter(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2015
higherhyte:
Banks in Nigeria finance start ups?, iffa hia tongue

Good design by CBN though.

The truth is we don't have banks in Nigeria. Nigerian banks are just where people keep and withdraw money. This is just the basic function of a bank.

So, Nigerian banks offer only the basic function of a bank. The real job of a bank which is helping build economies is reserved for elitist few or very corrupt people. I can bet you they'll key into this new CBN policy just to access the funds, then use it for reasons it wasn't for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by opemipo2013: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2015
please house,how much is the interest rate to be paid on the borrowed funds from this package.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by olaNL: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
yeye Nigerians if the topic of the post was "CBN to start Islamic banking " . it would have been another story.

Anyways sha whether na zero interest or na Islamic banking it is definitely a welcome development.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by CEOMilkyway(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
A little rebrand of the YouWin program of Dr Azikiwe Jonathan Goodluck. The truth remains, one sure way to solve unemployment is to empower youths with bright ideas but lack capital. They in turn employ other youths seeking for Job. The Government CANNOT provide jobs for the ever increasing numbers of job seekers, they should suppor young dudes with bright ideas to help solve the unemployment ish.

If this is real and it comes through, then it'll be a +1 for this administration.

Prayer Continues: #LordMayILocateMyDasuki# undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by CEOMilkyway(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
Bgino:
stop all these hate speech..this was a jonathans administation initiative enshrined in the YWIN project..copy copy economics....no new remarkable macro economic policy.they just manufactured another acronym and economic coinage for jonathans sure p project

True word! Your mama born you well. No mind this copy copy APC administration. I'm yet to see ONE thing they innovated or started new in this administration. Its just a follow up and 'rebranding' of Jonathans ideas.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by CEOMilkyway(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=geesilver post=41296083]

Abeg which Dasuki you the talk about Dasuki wey them don bail abi another one? Guy we dey 24th December oh, its like you still dey 24th November.
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by imwaya(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
All na wash, I approached my banker (Diamond bank) for this intervention fund but he said the conditions set are virtually unrealistic. I have a company, which I produce satchel table water and yoghurt and I wanna expand, as this will enable me employ more workers with wages around N30k/mnth instead of N5k that FG wants to pay graduates.

1 Like

Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by SHOT(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
ThundrCork:
I hope the banks comply
I hope so too
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by SHOT(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
opemipo2013:
please house,how much is the interest rate to be paid on the borrowed funds from this package.

It's 9% (all inclusive)
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by higherhyte(f): 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
Orikinla:
. Bank of Industry has been funding many startups and the bank even gave me N1 million gratis to launch my outdoor cinema start up Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema (SOOAC) and asked me to recommend managers the bank will finance to start branches of outdoor cinemas in every local government in Nigeria. There are still rooms for eCommerce start ups to compete with Jumia, Konga and others.

Good to hear, what's BOI's interest rate plss
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by Babacele: 1:45am On Dec 25, 2015
geesilver:

lols
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by Babacele: 1:47am On Dec 25, 2015
Bgino:
so how many Nigerians get d Ywin stuff ,? mmtcheeew . sai Buhari!
Re: CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund by Nafizzey(m): 2:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Orikinla:
. Bank of Industry has been funding many startups and the bank even gave me N1 million gratis to launch my outdoor cinema start up Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema (SOOAC) and asked me to recommend managers the bank will finance to start branches of outdoor cinemas in every local government in Nigeria. There are still rooms for eCommerce start ups to compete with Jumia, Konga and others.
please how can I access this CBN loan if am interested?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Rake In Higher Income On Fiverr In 2018 / Is Flip Cash A Scam Or Its Real? / Oil Price Drops To $49 A Barrel As Nigeria’s Output Rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.