Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

"Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed (627 Views)

IPOB Is Weak, Similar To Boko Haram- Lai Mohammed On Why IPOB Is Terrorist Group / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2015
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said on Wednesday that the Nigerian military had met the December deadline to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

The minister said this during his maiden meeting with editorial heads of media houses in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Muhammadu Buhari had, upon assuming office, issued a December 31 deadline to the military to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Today, I can report that the war against Boko Haram is largely won.

“I can confidently say this because just recently, I led a group of 33 journalists from both the local and international media to the hot bed of the insurgency, that is, Maiduguri, Kondugua, Kaoure and Bama.

“Today, I can report to you that the entire 70 plus kilometres stretch from Maiduguri to Bama and all the way to Banki which leads to Cameroun and the Central African Republic are in the hands of our gallant troops.”

He said the military presence could be felt ”every few metres along the road; at a point along that road we were just a kilometre to Sambisa forest.

“They have so degraded the capacity of Boko Haram that the terrorists can no longer hold on to any territory just as they can no longer carry out any spectacular attack.”

Mohammed, however, said that though there were still cases of suicide bombings, it was pertinent to note that such was the nature if insurgency globally.

“Unlike a war between two armies, an insurgency never ends with arms victory

“Even in countries like Colombia where insurgency was supposed to have ended decades ago, attacks like this still happen.”

He said that the insurgents had adopted a new style of attacking soft targets like motor parks, schools, entertainment centres, religious centres, killing innocent people mostly women and children.

- See more at: http://www.mixedcreate.com.ng/2015/12/24/army-has-met-december-deadline-of-defeating-boko-haram-lai-mohammed/#sthash.4rf6gyMF.dpuf

Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by MRSALT: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2015
When did the Minster become Army spokesman? I know Lai Mohammed is the spokesman of the government, but we need a confirmation from Chief of Army Staff whose office is in Borno.
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by jaymejate: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2015
[size=15pt]If una de give us lie o. God de look you[/size]
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by Nkemtreasure: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2015
Chooooooooohhhhhhooaaaaaa. This man can lieeeeh
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by kolnel: 8:02am On Dec 24, 2015
Liar Mohammed
Which deadline ?
I wonder why this man was dashed this ministerial position
He could have been given another portfolio
He still acting as the Apc spokesman
And to think that nobody is even asking him any question when he could have waited till January or February to confirm if the number of attacks had reduced
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2015
MRSALT:
When did the Minster become Army spokesman? I know Lai Mohammed is the spokesman of the government, but we need a confirmation from Chief of Army Staff whose office is in Borno.
the thing tire ne gaan. Chief of Army Staff never talk and d niggi don carry matter for head
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Nkemtreasure:
Chooooooooohhhhhhooaaaaaa. This man can lieeeeh
grin grin grin
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2015
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]If una de give us lie o. God de look you[/size]
make He better dey watch for 4D oo
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2015
kolnel:
Liar Mohammed
Which deadline ?
I wonder why this man was dashed this ministerial position
He could have been given another portfolio
He still acting as the Apc spokesman
And to think that nobody is even asking him any question when he could have waited till January or February to confirm if the number of attacks had reduced
we go soon hear another bomb blast. no be 9ja again? tho ain't praying for that but we should know that enough defence and combat have not been put in place to have cornered victory already. i also see another insurgents springing up if we don't get it right
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by orunto27: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2015
Saksaky is an Insurgent too. Please don't let him settle any where in Nigeria. Buratai deserves a Medal.
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by yanabasee(m): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2015
Mr Lai Mohammed.... You are a big liar...!!!
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 11:13am On Dec 24, 2015
orunto27:
Saksaky is an Insurgent too. Please don't let him settle any where in Nigeria. Buratai deserves a Medal.
lmao...
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2015
yanabasee:
lolssss...u can't be so sure
Re: "Army Has Met December Deadline Of Defeating Boko Haram" – Lai Mohammed by maspero22(m): 11:15am On Dec 24, 2015
yanabasee:
lolss...u can't be so sure...

(1) (Reply)

Shi’ites Ask FG To Produce El-zakzaky - The Punch / $2.1bn Arms Probe Aimed At Destroying PDP —dokpesi / Aminu Tambuwal Visits Sokoto Victim Of Hajj Stampede At Dubai Hospital. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.