Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. (16724 Views)

BBC: Boko Haram Have Inflicted Heavy Casualties On Nigerian Forces / Wives Of Boko Haram Militants Surrender In Borno / Buhari Never Said America Was Aiding Boko Haram, Adesina tells BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by babestella: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2015
holadguy:
Stop hating and pray for this nation

How many times did you pray for this nation last year?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by barcaboi(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2015
Keystonn:
Bokoharam is an Islamic terrorist set
Not militants
Pls this is an insult on we nigerdeltans
define militants...
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by millhouse: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Rednaxelot:
This is what Lai mohamed should have said instead of the statement similar to lie. It makes the situation seem there is now a conflict of information between the President and his minister of information.
Perhaps Lai doesn't know he naw belongs to the whole Nigeria rather than the propaganda machine he used to be for APC.

It is so obvious from what we are seeing of recent that we are getting near being triumphant against the terrorist group.

If the arms deal had been properly executed for the purpose, the indulgence would probably have died down.
hia
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by all4gud(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2015
But the information minister say few days ago that Boko Haram has been defeated.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by CallPolice: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2015
Mr. Buhari, our military has to do more please.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by CallPolice: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2015
all4gud:
But the information minister say few days ago that Boko Haram has been defeated.

Not what he said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 24, 2015
People, especially churches better watch out this yuletide season then.
Boko haram might want to prove otherwise.

This doesn't seem like a good time to say this kind of thing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2015
buygala:
So Muhammadu Victor Buhari is now President of Britain shocked ... He talks more to BBC than he talks to his countrymen sad

Instead of our President talking to us directly, he takes his yarns to Foreign media, who in turn tell us what our President says undecided

Instead, he sends Mr Lie and Garbage Shehu to feed us expired dogfood, without even showing our collective intelligence some respect by making the lies and silly propaganda a bit plausible angry

Thank God he even presented the 2016 National Budget to our National Assembly.... I won't be surprised if the 2017 budget is presented to the British Parliament,in order to avoid his being 'misquoted or 'misunderstod' undecided

If you do not understand history, especially that of Northern Nigeria and British colonialist, it will all be too difficult to grasp, Buhari is old enough to know this.... This is our baine for electing a man this old
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by bettercreature(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:
a president that always uses foreign media to air his views, God help us in this country.
Lai Muhammed addressed you guys yesterday,stop displaying your immaturity on here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by bonechamberlain(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2015
bettercreature:
Lai Muhammed addressed you guys yesterday,stop displaying your immaturity on here
pls don't rush to quote me if u can't read, how is ur post related to mine, is lie Mohammed the president.

go back and read the article, my post and urs.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by bettercreature(m): 9:53am On Dec 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:
pls don't rush to quote me if u can't read, how is ur post related to mine, is lie Mohammed the president.

go back and read the article, my post and urs.
Lai muhammed is his Minister of information dissemination,so anything you hear from him,Adesina or Garba and co,are president's MIND,He doesn't need to speak to us directly beside he was just answering questions asked by BBC

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by naptu2: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2015
Listen to the interview (click on the link below).

[size=14pt]' Boko Haram can no longer attack towns '[/size]

When he came to power earlier this year, President Muhammadu Buhari promised to wipe out by the end of 2015 the Islamist group Boko Haram which is accused of numerous human rights abuses. It now looks like the deadline will not be met. So the BBC correspondent Abdullahi Kaura Abubakar met President Buhari and started by asking him if he had failed in the fight against the insurgents in northeastern Nigeria.

( Photo: Nigerian troops celebrate after taking over the northeastern town of Bama from Boko Haram on March 25, 2015. Photo: Nichole Sobecki/AFP/Getty Images)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cxhw9?ocid=socialflow_twitter
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by bonechamberlain(m): 10:00am On Dec 24, 2015
bettercreature:
Lai muhammed is his Minister of information dissemination,so anything you hear from him,Adesina or Garba and co,are president's MIND,He doesn't need to speak to us directly beside he was just answering questions asked by BBC
oga when buhari starts answering questions asked by the Nigeria, media, u can quote me.

lai said boko haram has been defeated, buhari now is saying something different, the president now has conflicting minds.

besides my post was about the medium buhari chooses to speak to Nigerians or answer questions which has always been the foreign media, not the medium his assistants chooses.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by salissmg(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35173618
All those saying this and this are from the south. We from the north have experience amendious change of peace in our cities and villages. We thank Almighty for the stability of peace and baba buhari for placing the People of the north at the middle of his heart. May peace righn every were in this country and the world atlarge.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Ryda(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2015
A lot?
in what states, am seeing another attack from BH on NL headlines.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by okezed: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2015
Until I see chibok girl and the coward self acclaimed shakau
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Etizz: 10:53am On Dec 24, 2015
Tut lai said they have been defeated
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by divine9540: 11:00am On Dec 24, 2015
buranhi stop lieing even soldier's don't go through damboa biu road.even witch dy fear d road
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Vulu: 11:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Demmocrats:

what ever has a beginning has an end, we are nearing the end of Boko Haram.

I can remember the time of Bakassi Boys, Niger Delta militants now Boko Haram.

It always takes a David to end the rule of a Goliath,

My Sai Buhari is the Biblical David.

Sai Buhari.

See this Sai Buhariii zombie wey dey sell dildos and lingeries. Why don't you go and establish a branch of your intimacy gadget business in Daura. Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by olutunde12(m): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
stanech:
wishful thinking

Nigerians have to be vigilant now because BH may strike just to prove him wrong.

This is a direct order to his foot men to attack on christmas day. But I know God is more than him. Our Lord will turn his councel on him. He should not forget that tomorrow is also friday.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by appini: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
stanech:
wishful thinking

Nigerians have to be vigilant now because BH may strike just to prove him wrong.

So, unfortunately, I suspect it is going to be more spectacular before Buhari's deadline.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by dafuturis(m): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
buygala:
So Muhammadu Victor Buhari is now President of Britain shocked ... He talks more to BBC than he talks to his countrymen sad

Instead of our President talking to us directly, he takes his yarns to Foreign media, who in turn tell us what our President says undecided

Instead, he sends Mr Lie and Garbage Shehu to feed us expired dogfood, without even showing our collective intelligence some respect by making the lies and silly propaganda a bit plausible angry

Thank God he even presented the 2016 National Budget to our National Assembly.... I won't be surprised if the 2017 budget is presented to the British Parliament,in order to avoid his being 'misquoted or 'misunderstod' undecided

what exactly did he say that has not already been communicated to the Nigerian public??
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by nkemjacob2(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
bokoharam case cant b complete without mentioning d key sponsors. ending it dat way show their is stil a wild secret yet 2 b seen,
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by KBrown: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
bonechamberlain:
oga when buhari starts answering questions asked by the Nigeria, media, u can quote me.

lai said boko haram has been defeated, buhari now is saying something different, the president now has conflicting minds.

besides my post was about the medium buhari chooses to speak to Nigerians or answer questions which has always been the foreign media, not the medium his assistants chooses.

Why are you quarreling with the medium? Do you have any report that a Nigerian journalist asked him the same question earlier and he refused to answer?
Without prompting, he directed his Minister to release the statement to Nigerians yesterday and he used the opportunity of being interviewed by BBC to back Lai Mohammed up for confirmation to the rest of the world.
What the heck is wrong with that?
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
KBrown:

Why are you quarreling with the medium? Do you have any report that a Nigerian journalist asked him the same question earlier and he refused to answer?
Without prompting, he directed his Minister to release the statement to Nigerians yesterday and he used the opportunity of being interviewed by BBC to back Lai Mohammed up for confirmation to the rest of the world.
What the heck is wrong with that?

the question should be has buhari ever granted any interview in his country Nigeria.

lai Mohammed - boko haram has been defeated.
buhari - boko haram close to defeat.

it seems u can't see the difference between the two statements.

the BBC would always get the opportunity to Interview buhari because he has chosen them as his first choice, when it comes to Interview.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is real mad talking.

Bad buddy communication(bbc) can never gain my intellectual sense with their lousy lies.
Re: Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. by all4gud(m): 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
CallPolice:

Not what he said.
What exactly did he say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: The Rationality Of The North East And Interests Of South East / Oby Ezekwesili Denies Campaigning For APC In 2014 / 40yrs After, FG’s N2 Trillion Mambilla Power Project Yet To Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.