Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob (2971 Views)

Pictures Of The Burnt Ariaria Police Station By Ipob Youths / Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Buhari's 2016 Budget Speech: “the Budget Of Change” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Demdem2: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

The greatest disaster that will befall Buhari on social media will not come from pro Jonathans but from pro Buharis like you who become easily angered to the point of going off topic instead of presenting winning points. cool

I requested for facts to buttress ur lies against Buhari and suddenly u are accusing me of going off topic...... Hello, are u ok? How am I going off topic? Am only angered at ur refusal to substantiate ur lie.

1 Like

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
My dear, you are too much in a haste to find fault and all you end up doing is displaying your ignorance in a public forum. That is what happens to a hate-filled and prejudiced mind.
---
First and foremost, that figure was presented by the OP of this thread. Go back and check the figure and you will see that it says "GROSS EARNINGS FOR ENTIRE 2016" (that is if you know what that means) and not price per barrel. That figure is gotten by multiplying price per barrel ($38) x daily production (2.2mbbls/day) x the whole year (365 days) to arrive at an annual gross earning of $30.15bn

it is clear how you arrived at that figure

Now tell Nigerians why Buhari declared an expected revenue of 830Billion naira from oil, when your figure below which I highlighted blue is 1.66 Trillion naira

Bevista:
I'll help cure your ignorance, not for your sake but for the sake of others that may stumble on this junk.
First of all, there is a Joint Venture Contract (JVC) and Profit Sharing Contract (PSC) between the Nigerian Government and the International Oil Companies (IOCs). While there are slight variances in each of the contract, the Nigerian State has an average of about 59% stake in the contracts.
When oil is sold for $38, the Nigerian State only has around 59% of that total figure. Secondly, the amount that comes to the Nigerian State goes into the Federation Account to be shared to all tiers of government. The Federal Government has only around 54% of this amount.
Now let's deconstruct your figures again:
---
(1) Gross earnings for entire 2016 = $30.51bn
(2) Nigerian share in Dollars (59%) = $18.00bn
(3) Budget Naira Exchange Rate = N197/$
(4) Nigerian share in Naira = N3.54tn
(5) 13% to Oil Producing States = N461bn
(6) Balance in Federation Account = N3.083tn
(7) Federal Government Share (54%) = N1.66tn
The figures above are GROSS figures. You'll have
to discount the COST OF PRODUCTION to arrive at a NET figure for the Federal Government.

Is Buhari being outsmarted by Tinubu's boys.? cool
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by AZeD1(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

Now tell Nigerians why Buhari declared an expected revenue of 830Billion naira from oil, when your figure below which I highlighted blue is 1.66 Trillion naira

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2015/11/10/kachikwu-seeks-reduction-in-30-per-barrel-cost-of-oil-production/

Can please stop disturbing us with your ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2015
Demdem2:

I requested for facts to buttress ur lies against Buhari and suddenly u are accusing me of going off topic...... Hello, are u ok? How am I going off topic? Am only angered at ur refusal to substantiate ur lie.

You went off topic by bringing up a different issue all together

When it is time to argue secession we argue and when it is time to argue economy we argue.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by theDEVILisHERE: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2015
chosen04:
With respect to the recent Budget presentation by the Nigerian Junta Head, Gen. Mohammed Buhari for the 2016 fiscal year, the Coodinator of All Coordinators (COC) and the Spokesman of Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), went on his facebook page to deconstruct Buhari's lies.

Excerpt: . . DECONSTRUCTING BUHARI'S 2016 BUDGET OF LIES & DECEIT----Part-1

According to Retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari:
"2016: Budget Assumptions;
After reviewing the trends in the global oil industry, we have set a benchmark price of $38 per barrel and a production estimate of 2.2 million barrels per day for 2016. In 2016, oil related revenues are expected to contribute N820 billion."

IPOB'S DECONSTRUCTION BUHARI'S LIES:

1 barrel of crude oil = $38
Estimated production per day = 2.2 million
Gross earning per day based on $38 per barrel = $83.60 million
Gross earning for entire 2016 (365 days) = $30.514 billion
2016 Gross earning in Naira (assuming $1 = N200) = N6.1028 trillion
But, according to Buhari, Expected revenue from oil = N820 billion
Difference between Gross earning and Expected revenue = N5.2828 trillion
Percentage of Expected revenue to Gross earning = 13.44%
Percentage of the Difference to Gross earning = 86.56%

QUESTIONS BY IPOB:
1) What is the total amount, per barrel, of crude oil that comes to Government after sales, that is, after removal of the cost of operation/production?

2) How did Buhari and his gangs come up with the 2016 Expected revenue of N820 billion when the 2016 Gross earning from oil, based on $38per barrel, will be N6.1028 trillion?

3) Can Buhari and his gangs explain what happened to the difference between the 2016 Gross earning and 2016 Expected revenue which stands at N5.2828 trillion? If N820 billion (13.44% of Gross earning) is the net, then is N5.2828 trillion (86.56% of Gross earning) the cost of production for the 803 million barrels?

4) Is Buhari with his gangs telling his Nigerian people that out of N6.108 trillion, Nigeria will only receive N820 billion? And if so, why? what happens to the remaining N5.2828 trillion or is that the cost of producing 803 million barrels of oil in the course of 365 days? If so, how did that N5.2828 trillion cost come about?

5a) Even if we go by the Expected revenue of N820 billion and crude oil production of 2.2 million per day for 365 days totaling 803 million barrel in 2016, calculations with respect to Expected revenue of N820 billion show a projected revenue of N1,021.17 per barrel or $5.106 per barrel (assuming $1:N200 ratio). So, is the expected net income that comes to Government for 2016 going to be $5.106 per barrel after selling the crude oil at $38 per barrel?

5b) Where is the difference of $32.894 per barrel going to?

5c) Is $32.894 the cost of overheads in producing one barrel of crude oil?

5d) If not, then into who's account, has this $32.894 per barrel gone?

IPOB is asking Buhari and his gangs!!! Source: www.thebiafratimes.co/2015/12/deconstructing-buharis-2016-budget-of.html

Nigeria is a country built on lies, deciet and injustice
That is why it is heading towards destruction
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Demdem2: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

Go back and read and put ur brain to work. U Av been well tutored but has refused to accept.

1. The Federal government budget is the Budget of the federal government alone. Not the Budget of the country.
Thus from the Nigeria sharing formula, the Federal government takes about 54% of the total oil revenue accruing to the country (Nigeria Federation).

That money isn't for FG alone but all federating states, abuja inclusive. Oil producing states additional revenue, ecological funds savings etc.
Fg can't budget on the entire 1.66 Trillion because it's not theirs alone. U budget on what is strictly urs.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Bevista: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:
It is clear how you arrived at that figure

Guy, you are obsessed by Tinubu and I believe he is really smart but clearly overrated. Tinubu cannot outwit everybody. Incase, you have not noticed, he has already been cut to size - he lost control of the National Assembly and had very little or no input in the Ministerial List.
---
Back to the subject. I told you that the N1.66tn figure is GROSS EARNINGS. If you deduct the COST OF PRODUCTION (which I have heard to be around 50% - not sure), then you arrive at a figure much closer to N820bn.

You've got to realize that it cost money to produce the oil and transport it to the market. The final selling price ($38) is not all profit.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Demdem2: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2015
[s]
EternalTruths:

You went off topic by bringing up a different issue all together

When it is time to argue secession we argue and when it is time to argue economy we argue.
[/s]

Crap. U are holding on nothing but shafts. Ur foundation is shaking. It will soon collapse.
Did u request for ur facts to buttress ur lie in that post?
Why not attend to that and ignore the supposedly different issue u are talking about?
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Trapnews: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by lawydewy(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2015
My people!!!
My IGBo BROTHERS!
if we leave, who go lose?
You can't believe it, we will lose/lost/loose like BUSH in Kalahari desert.................
The poooooor will suffer! The rich will negotiate their standard!
SUPREMACY/SUPERIORITY COMPLEX IS IN ONW BLOOD......
An average IGBOman wanna be on top even in our villages........
Am proud of that,that's what make us work hard!!!!kwazonu oO
How big/large is our land? Why do we invent in another's manland? Have we resolve the issue of OSU&IDIALA? IGBO calling another IGBO slave?A big QUESTION!
uba miri issue?? Ijaw/calabar/efik/kalabari/ibibio/isoko/ogoja/idoma/igede/igala/opobo/urhobo etc will not follow YOU.

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2015
Demdem2:

Go back and read and put ur brain to work. U Av been well tutored but has refused to accept.

1. The Federal government budget is the Budget of the federal government alone. Not the Budget of the country.
Thus from the Nigeria sharing formula, the Federal government takes about 54% of the total oil revenue accruing to the country (Nigeria Federation).

That money isn't for FG alone but all federating states, abuja inclusive. Oil producing states additional revenue, ecological funds savings etc.
Fg can't budget on the entire 1.66 Trillion because it's not theirs alone. U budget on what is strictly urs.

You said federal government gets 54% of the total revenue

My question

Who gets the remaining 46% .? Is it the states and LGs or others I don't know

Question 2

If it is the states and LGs that get the 46%, why then did you include them in the 54%.

Bevista:
Guy, you are obsessed by Tinubu and I believe he is really smart but clearly overrated. Tinubu cannot outwit everybody. Incase, you have not noticed, he has already been cut to size - he lost control of the National Assembly and had very little or no input in the Ministerial List.
---
Back to the subject. I told you that the N1.66tn figure is GROSS EARNINGS. If you deduct the COST OF PRODUCTION (which I have heard to be around 50% - not sure), then you arrive at a figure much closer to N820bn.
You've got to realize that it cost money to produce the oil and transport it to the market. The final selling price ($38) is not all profit.

Thank you but

Unknown to you, the cost of production is where the true corruption takes place.

If Buhari don't know the true cost of production, he could be outsmarted.

Now look at this calculations below

1.66tr - 830b = 830b

That figure is too much

If the real production cost is 400b or less, it means that someone can disappear with the extra 400b or more

Think deeply my friend

Put aside your political inclination cool

@ chosen04 choseno4

To me

The real corruption takes place in the cost of production

Even Buhari himself might not know the true cost of production.

If the true cost of production is 200b naira, it means someone can disappear with 600b naira unnoticed.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by chinchum(m): 7:39am On Dec 26, 2015
The budget 2016 is for fg , and not for the whole of Nigeria.

After the 13% oil derivation is removed from total oil revenue and shared to concerned states, FG keeps 52.1% of total oil revenue and the remaining 47+% is shared between 774 LGA and 36 states.

No way in hell, production facilities will work for 365 days, 24 hours, there would be shut down for maintenance, vandalism/oil theft e.t.c , the system might lose close to 5-10% to this.

2 Likes

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by insecticide: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

My question

Question 2

If it is the states and LGs that get the 46%, why then did you include them in the 54%.

Thank you but

Unknown to you, the cost of production is where the true corruption takes place.

1.66tr - 830b = 830b

That figure is too much

If the real production cost is 400b or less, it means that someone can disappear with the extra 400b or more

Think deeply my friend

bro, you have to deduct the cost of production first before u can then apply the 54%/46% sharing formula.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2015
insecticide:

bro, you have to deduct the cost of production first before u can then apply the 54%/46% sharing formula.

I know

But

I am following what they did to help them think deeply cool
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Bevista: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

My question

Question 2

Thank you but

1.66tr - 830b = 830b

That figure is too much

Think deeply my friend

Nna, the sharing formula from the Federation Account is public knowledge. Use Google bro, it will cure your ignorance. The only reason I am bothering to respond to you is for the sake of others that may stumble on this thread. The sharing formula is:
(1) Federal Government - 52.60%
(2) State Governments - 26.72%
(3) Local Governments - 20.60%

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/04/06/revenue-sharing-formula-governors-propose-42-percent-for-states/
---
Make some research bro, some oil fields have production cost that is as high as $30/bbl. How much do you think will be the profit from those fields when oil is selling at $38. You need to be speaking with somebody with industry experience & knowledge to help you out. You also need to start reviewing the NNPC monthly report, it will help you a lot - i.e. if you are really interested in understanding the sector or you are simply interested in criticizing Tinubu and Buhari.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
Nna, the sharing formula from the Federation Account is public knowledge. Use Google bro, it will cure your ignorance. The only reason I am bothering to respond to you is for the sake of others that may stumble on this thread. The sharing formula is:
(1) Federal Government - 52.60%
(2) State Governments - 26.72%
(3) Local Governments - 20.60%
http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/04/06/revenue-sharing-formula-governors-propose-42-percent-for-states/
---
Make some research bro, some oil fields have production cost that is as high as $30/bbl. How much do you think will be the profit from those fields when oil is selling at $38. You need to be speaking with somebody with industry experience & knowledge to help you out. You also need to start reviewing the NNPC monthly report, it will help you a lot - i.e. if you are really interested in understanding the sector or you are simply interested in criticizing Tinubu and Buhari.

I know about the sharing formula. That's why I brought it to demdem2 notice

As for you,

I believe you can provide data of other nations and foreign companies production cost. Since NNPC is a nest of corruption that dish out false figures to hide the massive looting taking place in the organization.

Comparison with other oil organizations with that of Nigeria can expose the real corruption in the system

Thank you cool
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by carboblanko(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2015
tuale4u:

The IPOB guy did not understand the budget. let me help him explain. I work in oil company.

2. Most of the oil production in Nigeria are JV and PSC. Using the JV template, Nigeria (the federation not Federal govt) only owns 60% of the oil produced and the Oil companies owns the remaining 40% of the oil produced per day .

thus the 2.2 million per day, only 0.6*2.2million=1.32million belong to Nigeria (The federation).
thus the 820billion naira is only the 54% for the federal government of the total oil revenue accruing to the government from crude oil sales.

Federal govt share (Potential) = 0.54*1.32million=712,800 per day.

3. The actual average production per day is about 80% of the Potential production
this is because of 20% shutdown for maintenance, unplanned shut downs, pipeline vandalisation etc.

Thus the Federal govt actual average production per day = 0.8*712,800=570,240.

4. Today the average cost of production per barrel in Nigeria is about $18 per barrel.
Actually some onshore field cost are as low as $10 per barrel while some deep offshore and shallow offshore cost are as high as $25 dollar per barrel. Today more than 60% of Nigeria crude are from Offshore. thus using an average cost of $18 per barrel is realistic.

Thus out of the $38 dollar per barrel price of oil, the net revenue to the govt is about $20 per barrel.

thus the expected revenue to federal government from direct sales of Crude oil in 2016 is:

= $20 *199naira/1$ *570240*366*billion/1000000000= 830billion naira

From my estimation the Federal government expected revenue from direct oil sales is about 830billion naira which is very close to 820 billion naira estimated from federal government.

However, this is not all the federal get from having oil in this country. The oil companies pay company tax in hunderds of billion of naira.
But the govt choose to call it company tax because other companies that are not oil companies pay tax too. However the company Tax of oil companies is about 85% of their profit. Thus of the about 1.5 trillion naira expected revenue from Company Income Tax (CIT), Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs and Excise duties, and Federation Account levies, about 50% of it are coming from oil companies.

Brilliant analysis mate. Thanks for this break down. This should enlighten the truly ignorant and shame the myopic mischief makers.

1 Like

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 9:02am On Dec 26, 2015
carboblanko:
Brilliant analysis mate. Thanks for this break down. This should enlighten the truly ignorant and shame the myopic mischief makers.

Read all comments from page 1 to 2 to understand the loopholes in his analysis cool

Answer all questions laid down on page 2 cool
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Bevista: 9:34am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

I know about the sharing formula. That's why I brought it to demdem2 notice

As for you,

I believe you can provide data of other nations and foreign companies production cost. Since NNPC is a nest of corruption that dish out false figures to hide the massive looting taking place in the organization.

Comparison with other oil organizations with that of Nigeria can expose the real corruption in the system

Thank you cool
Okay, I'll check production cost in other countries and compare it to Nigeria. But I'd like to belief that the cost in Nigeria will be relatively lower due to low labour cost compared to other countries.
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by EternalTruths: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
Okay, I'll check production cost in other countries and compare it to Nigeria. But I'd like to belief that the cost in Nigeria will be relatively lower due to low labour cost compared to other countries.

Thank you

And I promise you that if you do and Buhari is sincere, corruption in NNPC will be killed and lots of money available for development

Please do help Buhari although I don't like him

Thank you cool
Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Demdem2: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

Yes, approximately that percentage because around 1% or so go to ecological funds also.

My question

You have answered the question ursef yet u claimed u don't know. U sound confused.

Question 2

Please show me where I did such? The budget FG prepared which ur kind and IPOB fools are criticising, does it include incomes and expenditures of states and LG?

Re: Deconstructing Buhari's 2016 Budget Of Lies & Deceit----part-1 .....by Ipob by Demdem2: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

Thank you

And I promise you that if you do and Buhari is sincere, corruption in NNPC will be killed and lots of money available for development

Please do help Buhari although I don't like him

Thank you cool

Despite calls for u to present ur facts to buttress any of ur claims, u didnt present any shrewd of it. Yet u expect others to do such. That's a way of an hypocrite. U expect others to do ur work for u and u lazying around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret 1914 Amalgamation Document Finally EXPOSED / The Top Secret Behind Buhari And The Vice President Handover Notes / Omisore Makes A Name In The Yoruba's History!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.