Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. (1177 Views)

Another Nigerian Man Caught In Thailand For Drug Traffficking / Another Nigerian Girl Raped And Recorded / Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by jaybee3(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2009
When did we start breeding rapist for crying out loud?

Rapist drops through ceiling to attack girlBy SIMON HUGHES

Published: Today
A RAPIST struck after dropping on his terrified teenage victim from the CEILING of a nightclub toilet.

The monster had been lurking in a roof space over the loo, watching through a grille and waiting for a girl to come in.

Attack , Amika nightclub in Kensington

When one appeared he jumped through a ventilator space, grabbed the teenager and tore off her clothes.

Before raping her in the cramped cubicle at midnight he told her: "It's OK."

Hunted
Last night the fiend, named as Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya, 41, was being hunted after police released his photo.

A source close to the investigation said: "What happened was like something out of a horror movie."

Advertisement

Awosabya had been employed as a toilet attendant and knew the layout of Amika nightclub in Kensington, Central London, which has been visited by celebs including Bono and Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.

The suspect, thought to be of African origin, is 5ft 6in and stockily built.

Anyone who can assist is asked to call the Metropolitan Police on 020 8246 4014 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by JustGood(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2009
It's a suprising one. I always told people that they can catch naija man doing fraud but they'll not many catch naija man people raping women. Raping women is not the in-thing abi?

women full Ojuelegba and Allen Avenue.

Even if you go VI, dem full for road for night.
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by DaJoneZ(f): 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2009
Drops through the ceiling?!?!?   shocked what was he trying to be Spider man!?!? , he must have camped under there for a while, for him to have done such rubbish, I hope they catch him,
(who knows he might be hiding somewhere just above celing space), undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by tpiah: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
41 years old?

God help us.
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2009
[size=20pt]Police hunt man who raped teen in the toilets of Amika nightclub[/size]

POLICE were today hunting a rapist who attacked a teenager after dropping down from the ceiling of a nightclub toilet.

The suspect, named by police as Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya, 41, had been lurking in roof space at the Amika nightclub in Kensington.

[center]
Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya
allegedly dropped from the ceiling of a toilet
in the Kensington nightclub before sexual assault
[/center]
He watched through a grille until the 19-year-old victim entered the toilet cubicle, before leaping down on top of her and tearing off her clothes. He told the girl: "It’s OK," before sexually assaulting her

[center] [size=16pt]"What happened was like something out of a horror movie" [/size]  [/center]

Source said: "What happened was like something out of a horror movie."

Awosabya was working as a toilet attendant on the night of the attack, on 3 July last year, and was familiar with the layout of Amika nightclub.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We would like to speak to Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya, who is also known to use the name Andrew Olasebikan.

"The suspect lowered himself into the cubicle from the air vent in the ceiling. He then assaulted [the victim]. She resisted and the suspect subsequently let her go."

The trendy club, on Kensington High Street, is popular with celebrities such as Rihanna, Prince Harry and U2 frontman Bono.

[center][img]http:///n97rck[/img]
Amika Nightclub[/center]
Awosabya is described as approximately 5ft 6ins tall and of small build. Anyone with information should call the Kensington and Chelsea Sapphire Unit, which investigates sexual assault crimes, on 020 8246 4014 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

for SOURCE: Click here
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by MrCrackles(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
Chai, another reason to keep concealing my Nigerian ancestry! grin

I might have seen the bloke at the club though, some black fella was offering a spray of cheap perfume for a quid a couple of months back
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by tpiah: 5:05am On Jun 11, 2009
btw, has he confessed to the crime ?
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2009
[size=14pt]@^[/size]

That will be telling . . .

He hasnt be found yet to answer to the allegations
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by dominique(f): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2009
He berra turn himself in. how long will he be able to run, 41 yr old rapist. . .he must have been having a mid-life crisis :-/
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by DaJoneZ(f): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
dominique:

He berra turn himself in. how long will he be able to run, 41 yr old rapist. . .he must have been having a mid-life crisis :-/

Yeah with spider man motives lol , I think that's the most action he'll ever receive in his lifetime, undecided
, from the ceiling, and saying "it's ok" , Chineke mere mmadụ ebere
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by tpiah: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2009
guilty until proven innocent?
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 7:36am On Jun 12, 2009
[size=14pt]@^[/size]

errhem . . .

Would rather say innocent until proven guilty  wink
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2009
Who posted dis bad news by d way,i thought dis happened in london what d f is it doin on nairaland.
Pls ppl should stop posting storiez like this,what re we suppose to do abt it?Cry abt being nigerians or hate ourselvez abeg let dis matter die,i tot d metropolitan police is on d case,abi dem wan turn us to police overnight.Am not supporting d rapist oh neither do I support such a self degrading news.Plz guyz find sth positive to post.Biko i beg!!
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2009
[size=16pt]@^ [/size]

Get a grip and dont unnecessarily get your knickers in a twist mate . . .

Better watch you don't burst a vein with the huffing and puffing

People shouldnt do the crime, if they don't want attention or cant do the time . . .

Do you really reckon Nairaland has a presence only in Naija . . .

Point of correction Nairaland is on the Internet and not internet

There is a huge difference between Internet or internet

More to the point, for all we know, this chap could have absconded to Naija already to go underground only to resurface when/if the dust settles

That girl could have been anyone's sister, daughter, wife, girlfriend . . . etc

The sooner that chap turns himself in for questioning or interview at a police station the better

It is possible the chap might be sheltered by someone in London or otherwise oblivious to the crime committed

The information and the photo was provided so he can be identified

He should make contact with the police to help them with the investigation

If he is innocent at least he can be ruled out
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by biola44: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
action rape, grin
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2009
@recognize, I know more than U realize dat NL is on d Internet and can be accessed from anywhere and dat is d more reason Posts such as this should not come anywhere around here,dis is not a department of d metropolitan police where we we define & profile unsurbs or worst still,nigerianz dat ve commited d worst crime in diaspora.Nigger plsss give nigeria a break,we already ve enuf wahala of our own dat is with our own police department if we wanted to discuss how nigerianz re d worst of pple we can easily pull dem out from our police archivez and then curse eachother for being nigerianz.Sites and forumz such as these re for laundaring our already bad image not for showing d world our dexterity in crimez,besidez d metropolitan police aint asking for Ur help.With or without Ur help dey will get d ass-hole,so pls spare me ur childish prattle and talk abt sth else,if i want to know know abt crime,all i need do is buy a crime series dvd plate and watch,right letz discus intelligent things.
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2009
[size=16pt]@^[/size]

"Sites and forumz such as these re for laundaring our already bad image" Isn't that what you wrote?

Dont shoot yourself in the foot or step right in it

What is the purpose of the crime forum eh?

Maybe Seun can assist with answering that question.

Decoration? Lip service? for the fun of it? . . . grin

Nigger ko, nigga ni, my foot . . .
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by mamagee3(f): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
Another disgrace to human nature angry
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by amebono11: 4:53am On Jun 13, 2009
mama-gee:

Another disgrace to human nature angry

like u huh? cool
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 7:24am On Jun 13, 2009
@recognise,nigger am not here to argue fruitlessly with kidz.Just because Seun added a forum in his site and i don't neccessarily agree with it,does't make me right or wrong neither is Seun right or wrong.It's a matter of opinion and choice,i don't find it engaging when we as nigerianz go on net,posts topicz lyk this and start cursing eachother and hating d fact dat we re nigerianz,who givz a 4ck if seun decided to put it on his site dat does't mean he's right,remember he's a business man first hence his driving motivez will alwayz be driven by profit and not neccessarily what is right or wrong.So nigga use ur head,it's not there 4notin.
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2009
[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Disclaimer before accessing Crime forum:

Crime
Not recommended if you're here to have a good time.

Its beggar's belief why people wander into this forum in the first place expecting sugar coated North East West South (i.e. NEWS) information

A crime has been committed and this chap is against sharing the information to catch the alleged perpetrator.

Consider if the victim were you sister, daughter, cousin, aunt, girlfriend, wife or whatever I bet you would get down from your high horse and sing a different tune . . .

If you are allergic to crime stay away from this forum then.

You weren't back-arm twisted and frog-marched in here, were you?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen friend . . .

As the Crime forum entry disclaimer stated "Not recommended if you're here to have a good time" Biko . . .
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2009
@recognise,nigger write with d aid of Ur brain,obviously U write without it,there's no common sense in what U post.So U re here to ve a bad time or Ur idea of a gud info is dis nonsense,guy do Urself a favor,shut d 4ck up & stop revealing Ur shallowness.Can U honestly tell me dat d criminal could be thru d discussion here so far?Correct me if am wrong,nobody has proffered any solution here or say anything dat wil give a lead besidez making jokez out of it,rebuking ourselves for being Nigerianz & cursing eachother like U & I re doing now.If dis is Ur idea of catching a thief,then I say shut d 4ck up,U ve nothin to contribute to catching d criminal dan making an already bad suituation worse with ur insdious comments.If U realy want to ve a bad time then go to gbaramatu kingdom and join d militantz there stop talking trash,
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2009
@recognise,nigger write with d aid of Ur brain,obviously U write without it,there's no common sense in what U post.So U re here to ve a bad time or Ur idea of a gud info is dis nonsense,guy do Urself a favor,shut d 4ck up & stop revealing Ur shallowness.Can U honestly tell me dat d criminal could be caught thru d discussions and very insidious comments here so far?Correct me if am wrong,nobody has proffered any intelligent solution here or say anything dat wil give a lead besidez making jokez out of it,rebuking ourselves for being Nigerianz & cursing eachother like U & I re doing now.If dis is Ur idea of catching a thief,then I say homy pls shut d 4ck up,U ve nothin to contribute to catching d criminal dan making an already bad suituation worse with ur insdious comments.If U realy want to ve a bad time then go to gbaramatu kingdom and join d militantz there stop talking trash,
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by Recognise: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2009
[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Who let you out? . . .

You're turning out like an about-to-be-swatted irritating fly, buzzing around the crime forum room

Why can't you swallow a chill pill and/or go barking up another tree

Pick up a crusade or cause to fight other than objecting to posting misdemeanour news in the Crime forum

Talking about jokes, quote me where I made jokes of the matter . . .

You couldn't honestly reply to the question posed, whether if the victim was your sister, wife, mother, aunt, cousin, relations etc you would have the same stand.

I won't be responding anymore until you grow up

and starting writing properly with decorum and/or propriety

Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by mamagee3(f): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2009
,amebo no1:

like u huh? cool

No, but definitely like your mom wink
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by amebono11: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2009
mama-gee:

No, but definitely like your mom wink
boring

yawnssss
, come one gurl, keep me moving grin grin cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by rhymz(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
@recognize, Ur bad mannerz are exceeded by Ur bad mannerz
Re: Another Nigerian Making Headline For The Wrong Reason. by mamagee3(f): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2009
,amebo no1:

boring

yawnssss
, come one gurl, keep me moving grin grin cheesy cheesy kiss

I've heard Yawns over and over again, is that all? grin

(1) (Reply)

Texas Couple Sentenced For Enslaving Widowed Nigerian Mother Of Six, For 9 Yrs / Yoruba Vandals Chase NSCDC, NEMA Officials From Arepo, Ogun State / Man With Bashed-in Skull Awarded £38m Payout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.