Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,297 members, 7,954,182 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword (3566 Views)

Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife / Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Is New Ooni Of Ife / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by chimere66: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2015
The new Ooni Of Ife Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has finally received the powerful Oranmiyan's Sword. A move which identifies him as one of the greatest leaders of our time...

What you are about to read are Facts about the power behind the acceptance of Oranmiyan's sword...Consider me your History Lecturer from now on....lol

''Oranmiyan was the son of Oduduwa and he reigned as one of the most powerful Ooni till date. He set up many powerful territories and Left Ife to set up Benin Empire and named it "Ilu Ibinu" ( Land of Temper). Then it was shortened to Ibinu Land,Pronounced as Bini Land and is now spelt Benin Land by the Portuguese. Oranmiyan Gave birth to Eweka the 1st king of Benin and Left to set up Oyo Empire,he gave birth to Sango (god of thunder) and Then left to set up Oke Ona- the current Abeokuta......

Source: http://trezzy2..com/2015/12/photos-of-ooni-of-ife-receiving.html

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by chimere66: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2015
More

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Lead Your People With Love
And Your Reign will be Long!!!!
Xslaze3xd:
Xslaze3xd:
AndeX
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Lead Your People With Love And Your Reign will be Long!!!!
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2015
Lead Your People With Love And Your Reign will be Long!!!!
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by MosakuAW(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2015
May your reign be long my king.

This is one of few kings that are powerful than their state governors.

Oni of Ife. #Respect
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2015
omo oduduwa world wide give likes
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Khd95(m): 10:45am On Dec 24, 2015
Me like yoruba folklores,so interesting nd educative. U ve got to read the story of owu kingdom too8)
wait op,did oronmiyan slew pple with that swordcrysad
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by scholes0(m): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
Was this before or after he went to disgrace himself and his stool in a church?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by skywolf66(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
He does not deserve that sword

If you agree click like if you don't quote me and tell me why
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
scholes0:

calm done Jor. is ur king greater than God ?..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Great history!
I love this Ooni. May he reign long!

The officials need to bring some order around him and make his official outing more stately. Eachtime he is out every jack, dick and harry wants to stand close for picture. One man is even leaning on his chair breathing down his back. Wtf! Another is upset and making faces for being corrected. In another picture, what could have turned out to be a perfectly timed and momentous picture for its symmetry on the Ooni's face is ruined by the man behind him. C'mon guys!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chimere,
History instructor...lmao.
Eweka was not 1st King of Bini. Eweka was first Oba, the first coronated Yoruba ruler over the new dynasty called Bini. The name of the land has never changed, it is Edoland. Edo people own their land but the seat of power belong to Yoruba. There were Kings before Eweka, in the Edo culture and were called Ogiso.
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 25, 2015
scholes0:
This was after the church service and jumat at the mosque.
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by NakedEve: 8:12am On Dec 26, 2015
Trash[s]
Let them radiocarbon date that sword to find out if it is really oranmiyan sword.
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by jasperkrekre(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oromiyan was not the first son of Oduduwa. Okanbi was the first and the only son of Oduduwa. Oromiyan was one of the sons of Okanbi, meaning; Oromiyan was the grandson of Oduduwa. pls get ur facts right!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by isalegan2: 2:45am On Dec 27, 2015
-
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2015
jasperkrekre:
Oromiyan was not the first son of Oduduwa. Okanbi was the first and the only son of Oduduwa. Oromiyan was one of the sons of Okanbi, meaning; Oromiyan was the grandson of Oduduwa. pls get ur facts right!
That is a "symbolic" sword, and not the real Oranmiyan's sword.
See pic below: Ooni Aderemi holding a smaller version of the sword.

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Great history!
I love this Ooni. May he reign long!

The officials need to bring some order around him and make his official outing more stately. Eachtime he is out every jack, dick and harry wants to stand close for picture. One man is even leaning on his chair breathing down his back. Wtf! Another is upset and making faces for being corrected. In another picture, what could have turned out to be a perfectly timed and momentous picture for its symmetry on the Ooni's face is ruined by the man behind him. C'mon guys!
it's not possible, it has always been like that during traditional events in ife. The Ooni's are always surrounded by emeses and other traditionalist. It's even worse on Olojo day-The day set aside for the Ooni to perform some rituals at Ogun shrine and renew his oath of office as the Ooni of Ife.
See pic below of the two previous Ooni being surrounded by People.

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by macof(m): 11:11am On Dec 27, 2015
jasperkrekre:

you find this in obsolete books
recent and better researched works on yoruba history don't regard any Okanbi as the only son of Oduduwa. It's believed that oduduwa had nothing less than 16 sons... With Oranmiyan being either the last son or son of his first son, Ogun

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
saxywale:

it's not possible, it has always been like that during traditional events in ife. The Ooni's are always surrounded by emeses and other traditionalist. It's even worse on Olojo day-The day set aside for the Ooni to perform some rituals at Ogun shrine and renew his oath of office as the Ooni of Ife.
See pic below of the two previous Ooni being surrounded by People.

Thanks for sharing, I did not know that. It makes sense now why he is sorrounded by so many people.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by isalegan2: 4:52am On Dec 28, 2015
Saxywale, You seem to have a lot of inside info about Ile-Ife royals. I will assume you are one.

I'm curious. Is it a fact that when Ife people speak their true Yoruba dialect, it is impossible for other Yorubas (Omo Eko Lagosians) to understand?
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by eposho: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2015
NakedEve:
Trash[s]
Let them radiocarbon date that sword to find out if it is really oranmiyan sword.
This a valid question IMO. Most of our artifacts are somewhere in Europe whereas we the owners of those gems make do we replicas,/ fakes.
Look at those two pics. Of the sword it is credible to say the ooni is holding another replica.
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
isalegan2:
Saxywale, You seem to have a lot of inside info about Ile-Ife royals. I will assume you are one.

I'm curious. Is it a fact that when Ife people speak their true Yoruba dialect, it is impossible for other Yorubas (Omo Eko Lagosians) to understand?
Yes.
Akui+Lafogido.
The ife dialect is very very easy to understand. We don't have any other dialect apart from the one spoken all around Ife which is the true dialect. It is similar to standard yoruba taught in schools. When I was younger, I have heard senior ife citizens born in the 19th century speak the ife dialect, and it's same as that spoken till date.
Re: Photos Of New Ooni Of Ife Receiving The Oranmiyan's Sword by andyanders: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
2nd time that I am seeing a True King that knows God.

May God give him wisdom to rule.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Wedding Cards By Wedding Feferity / What Is The Meaning Of The Name ‘Iyunloye’? / What Tribe In Nigeria Is Described As Most Promiscous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.