Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts (17472 Views)

How To Reduce The Risk Of Food Poisoning / In Kebbi, 71 Schoolgirls Hospitalised Over Food Poisoning / Man Finds Dead Rat In Grilled Full Chicken He Purchased...(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by SURElee(f): 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
Joeyy:
How can one identify hormone fed chickens?

Froozen imported chicken are usually injected with steroids. That's why the ban and destruction of imported chicken is on.

2 Likes

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Maxcollins042(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
Is cow not part of the free range animals, if cow meat contains an omega 3 fatty acid which is heart friendly,how is it at the same time causing heart disease?
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by degezal(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
You have to know a thing to be able to avoid it, and i don't think we nigerians even know that some of it is imported talk more of avoiding unhealthy ones.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by professore(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is informative
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Maxcollins042(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
plainmirror:
Therfore I should prepare my Xmas stew with okuko-igbo akwaya?

Op you and that expert can't refuse a well spiced 'inorganic' chicken lap.

grin
Op is saying that masticating transgenic organisms na enwe side effect na adighi mma nna. In as much as we know of all these things hormone fed animals would still be consumed largely.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Maxcollins042(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
degezal:
You have to know a thing to be able to avoid it, and i don't think we nigerians even know that some of it is imported talk more of avoiding unhealthy ones.
The imported ones poses more threat to ones health
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by banio: 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thanks Op. I will sue the company I work for. They feed us with hormone chicken daily.
Na ajoke o
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by millionboi(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
somtin wil always kill a man
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by banio: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
What of us that eat hornone chicken once a yr. Any negative effect too
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by jopretty(f): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
No wonder 2 of mum's fowls have been missing since yesterday. I bet they're resting in peace in someone's pot. sad

2 Likes

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by seankay(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
we just have to conclude that it is something must kill a man cos it seems like every conventional practise is becoming harmful
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by just2endowed: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Onegai:
So how does one know an organic-farmed chicken? Are all the chickens sold in markets not from agric farms?

Tell them u want local chicken. They are smart, fast and small than agric/bowler chicken.

Local chicken takes 12 month to grow to adult. They are found outside the street. They survive on there own and don't use drug or genetic food to survive.

agricultural chicken takes 6 to 7 month to grow: the type of chicken are fed with less genetic material. They are not that smart but they are strong than bowler. They can be grown outside like local chicken but there survival rate is average in outside world and there immune system are not that strong like the local chicken.

Browler chicken takes just 3 month to grow and are more infested with genetic foods, antibiotics, and homones to make their meat bigger. These chicken are found mostly cooked at fast food restaurants.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Stanbeto: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Na true talk be this o
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Adesiji77: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Noted cool
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by emonkey(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
So how does one identify fattened chicken ? Sorry, stupid question..... I guess you could always just ask the chicken.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
Joeyy:
How can one identify hormone fed chickens?
serious question.
I guess they don't come with NAFDAC certification on them.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by mu2sa2: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kelklein:
All those scientific 'jargons' explained above by the experts still don't answer the question

'How do we identify a hormone-fed chicken?'
Very simple: "local" chicken is what they are telling you eat, not the "agric" type. The local chicken is less meaty but i always go for it because it's tasty and delicious. Some people also complain that the meat of local chicken is tough; that's true, but it's due to rigor mortis that sets in after slaughtering. If you want your meat soft, immediately after slaughtering hang the chicken(any animal) with head down for like an hour or more - this way the stiffness that follows death is avoided.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Hysmady(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Elipsis:
In summary, local chicken is better than Agric fowl.

Street has taken over grin
correct...Tell them o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by imma2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Our local chicken go give person trouble to catch am o

1 Like

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
If we really want to follow all these scientist and Nutritionists I'm telling you na only air from the top of mountain Everest we go dey chop

2 Likes

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by flocelng(f): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kelklein:
All those scientific 'jargons' explained above by the experts still don't answer the question

'How do we identify a hormone-fed chicken?'
Love your signature, it inspires me.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
I think it's better not to eat anything again LOL. Or better still we rear our livestock etc. ourselves. Too many rubbish in the market nowadays.

Psalm18:
Very true.
Eat organic products if you can..

Agric chickens as we call the ones raised with antibiotics have been shown to cause antibiotic resistance when consumed by humans.

The dangers of this is therefore, you may fall sick and antibiotics prescribed for you won't work.
Or after surgery, you don't heal from infections easily due to antibiotic resistance.
Cows and other meats are no exception.

Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by Rollingdice(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
I am vegetarian

IamNotLooseweight sha ooo I am vegetarian

IamNotLoseweight sha ooo grin
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by spawnx: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
killercute16:
How can we identify them physically?
The right question. The article tells about the ills but not how to identify. It is an incomplete message.
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by anonym0us: 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
khaz:
To all Muslim brothers nd Sisters. .. I say: Happy Eid el Maulud celebration. ... May Almighty Allah continue to bless us all... Nd increase us in Faith!
wetin be all these na? Christmas never finish u dey wish eid el malu or whatever
Re: Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts by TUBLEZ(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2015
We shouldn't eat frozen chicken, now we shouldn't eat agric chicken, and the last time I saw organic chicken was in my village and all the organic chicken in this Nigeria is not even enough for ketu consumers alone..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Craziest Animal Meat You've Eaten? / Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Food Export Business / Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.