Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. (629 Views)

Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Prophet Has Sex With His Church Member's Wife And Threatens To Kill Him (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. by parisbookaddict(f): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
Reports on the brutal killing by Gaza/Palestinian extremist muslims of a genuine friend of Palestinians, vittorio Arrigoni a pro Palestinian "activist" killed by the people he fought for.

Hamas is fighting to convince the world that it is in control of Gaza after a pro-Palestinian activist from Italy, Vittorio Arrigoni, was found murdered today by Islamic extremists in the first kidnapping of a foreigner since the BBC correspondent Alan Johnston was taken hostage in 2007.
The kidnappers, who identified themselves as belonging to an unheard of Salafist group, hanged Arrigoni after posting a videoyesterday that said: "The Italian hostage entered our land only to spread corruption".
The video shows Arrigoni, bloodied and blindfolded, being held up by the hair in front of a camera. An arm of one of the kidnappers is visible.
The extremists described Arrigoni as a "journalist who came to our country for nothing but to corrupt people - from Italy, the state of infidelity, whose armies are still in the Muslim countries".
In Italy, however, 36-year-old 'Vik' as friends called him was known as a pacifist and documentary film-maker who was a passionate advocate of the Palestinian cause, especially the children of Gaza. His mother is the mayor of Bulciago, a small town near Lake Como.
News of his death has provoked repulsion among Italians, with President Giorgio Napolitano calling the assassins "barbaric". A series of memorial rallies was swiftly organised across Italy.
The extremist group's name has been reported variously as Tawheed and Jihad and The Brigade of the Gallant Companion of the Prophet Mohammed bin Muslima. In the video, they demanded the release of their leader, Sheikh Hisham al-Suedani, who was imprisoned last month by Hamas, along with two other members of their group.
Efforts were made to track down Arrigoni the moment the video was first aired, but the group killed him before the given deadline of 5pm local time, possibly because they were scared of being caught. His hanged body was found in an empty building in Gaza City. He had apparently been subjected to torture.
Arrigoni was working with the pro-Palestinian International Solidarity Movement (ISM). Today he was hailed as a "a compassionate, caring human, activist, and friend" in a tributeon ISM's website.

Source: http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/6197/why-would-anyone-want-kill-vittorio-arrigoni
Re: Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. by plappville(f): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
May his soul Rest in peace. Its a fact tnat Muslims have no friend outside Islam. They may pretend to show love if they need help. After that you see islam in them.
Its too risky to go to such a war zone. All islamic zones are to be forbidden by none muslims for now until "thy kingdom come". Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Irak, Libya, Yemen, Palestine, Syria etcetera. .....we know them all. Tney are caused Ishmaelites. They love war and hate peace. If you go there and get killed, you seek for your own daeth.
Re: Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. by parisbookaddict(f): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
plappville:
May his soul Rest in peace. Its a fact tnat Muslims have no friend outside Islam. They may pretend to show love if they need help. After that you see islam in them.
Its too risky to go to such a war zone. All islamic zones are to be forbidden by none muslims for now until "thy kingdom come". Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Irak, Libya, Yemen, Palestine, Syria etcetera. .....we know them all. Tney are caused Ishmaelites. They love war and hate peace. If you go there and get killed, you seek for your own daeth.

The sad thing is that the activist was pro-Palestine and was helping the muslims there and yet an extremist muslim group there decided to kill him because his home country Italy had forces in muslim land fighting terrorists. If u help muslims u help them at ur own risk.
Re: Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. by proo212(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hmmm, i thought this was recent until i did a search to find that its been a while. This is a sad state of affairs but nothing unusual. I personally will not risk my life for an unworthy cause except God calls me for such a purpose, because going there on just humanitarian grounds is silly in my opinion.

One thing that has been playing on my mind for weeks now will be a similar case. Alan Henning who was also abducted and killed in Syria by Mohammed Emwazi (Jihadi John). His death caused a stir amongst the muslim community in Uk because he was part of a charity group that wanted to help syrian children who have been displaced by war. It was sad because his friends pleaded for his release but that fell on deaf ears.

The rest of the people beheaded did not get such luck (muslims pleading for them to be set free and the pleas getting huge traction in the media).

I personally believe Alan Henning embraced Islam and that is why he was comfortable and felt safe with his people. There's a picture of him doing the one finger salute (the oneness of allah, I dont call it ISIS sign) and that is why his friends feel very bad about his death.

Now this is my opinion (i've not heard or read this anywhere)
Re: Why Would A Muslim Want To Kill Vittorio Arrigoni? But They Did. by Maamin(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
I have not seen just one reason, even little to consider islam as a religion of peace.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Ranked Among Most Famous Prophets In History / “prophecy For This Year 2016” / Reminder To Otem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.