Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) (57613 Views)

Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback / Throwback: Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe, Imo State / New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by omojesu202(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
do me I do u
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
And he still went ahead to execute him? Anyway, na dog eat dog
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
searchiing4love:
IBB is a great leader unlike the accidental president from OTUOKE who looted the country aground.
.You are a Kettle!

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by sweatlana: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
That's the irony of politics
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Quadre: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
Na from dis man Nigeria trouble start. Na dis man wey make us dey d bad state wey dis country dey now.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by bigglat: 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
Zaikon:
great?
Its quite unfortunate that you can't reason well. If you say Otuoke man looted Nigeria, does that mean IBB didn't loot Nigeria treasury? He must have over-looted Nigeria.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by cao(f): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
He really took the saying "Keep your friends close & your enemies closer" to heart...
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by deathmen12: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
tomdon:
why did maman want to overthrow Ibb?
cos ibb overthrow sum1... that is how the game goes then
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by itstpia8: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
was his wife from Calabar or Akwa Ibom?

AKS was still part of Cross River in 1985.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by billyG(m): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
tomdon:
why did maman want to overthrow Ibb?
Y did IBB,overthrown his Boss PMB?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by johnmartus(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
searchiing4love:
IBB was a great leader unlike the accidental president from OTUOKE who looted the country aground.
AYO IBB A GREAT LEADER? HOPE YOU KNOW THE MEANING OVERSTATEMENT.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by gbengus17: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
EXCUSE ME--- DID YOU FND OUT THE DETAILS OF THAT COUP PLOT----VATSA PLANED TO BOMB THE PLANE CARRYING IBB TO ASHES.-NOW IF MY BEST FRIEND EVER PLANNED LIKE THIS TO ME===AM GOING TO KILL YOU.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Ninilowo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
He killed Vatsa just because someone referred to him as Nigeria's future president and he believed that whatever Vatsa puts his mind on, he ll achieve it. Well, DIARIS GOD

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by jonnieoneng: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
I may not like IBB,but I don't think we have a right to judge him out side a court of law.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by jonnieoneng: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=searchiing4love post=41306667]IBB was a great leader unlike the accidental president from OTUOKE who looted the country aground. [/quote
A GREAT LEADER......CAN HE BE LIKENED TO PATRICE LUMUMBA NELSON MANDELA,JOMO KENYATTA,SEKOU TOURE HOUMPHET BOUIGHIEN,THOMAS SANKARA,OBAFEMI AWOLOWO,NNAMDI AZIKUWE,JERRY RAWLINGS,KENNETH KHAUNDA AND CO.IF HE CANNOT COMPARE WITH THIS ONES IN ACHIEVEMENT FORGET.......HE ISN'T A GREAT LEADER.PLUS,HOW RICH ARE ALL THIS LEADERS I HAVE LISTED AND HOW RICH IS IBB.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Ademat7(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
IMF n World Bank will ever b grateful for his mastermind of Nigeria currency murder
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by gabicon: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
There was a prior coup attempt before the vasta incident purely orchestrated by the langtan Mafia (officers from plateau state)in the army, most of who were executed. This displeased the Mafia and when they caught wind of the vasta saga they required the same treatment as met to their comrades. If IBB refused to kill vasta n co, he stood a chance of getting over thrown by the Mafia and even get killed, it was a case of my friend against my position, because IBB knew vasta was innocent, his wife even pleaded for vastas life.

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by ollyruffy: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
The worst presidents ever for now in the history of this country are IBB, GEJ and Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by ransomed: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I don't blame him,fake friends deserve to die
:-- Is there no forgiveness in your Holy Book?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by chachanga: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
ttemmi:
If IBB was bad, why has he never been convicted?

Convicted, by who, for what?
A man as smart as Babangida with the totalitarian trappings afforded a Military President in the Nigeria's "Military Dark Ages"?!

Don't tell me you're that trusting!

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Dcaliphate(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
unibenstudent1:
[size=16pt]buhari is going to kill nnamdi kanu before 2016,he will be a matyr.[/size]
meanwhile check out my blog www.coolestchris..com
Lol, CLOWN!

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by arabianights: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=mu2sa2 post=41309923]IBB saw Mamman Vatsa as a rival and held him in deep suspision. When the opportunity came to get rid of Vatsa, IBB never wasted time to frame him up. Vatsa, a visionary poet, tower above lbb in his intellectual ability, hence lbb's fear tinged with jealousy of him.Buhari luckily escaped death in the hands of the evil genius, but got 2 years of house arrest and denied the opportunity to attend his mother's burial- she probably died from the trauma of her son's needless confinement by ibb. lbb is a hyper -vicious man. Many brilliant officers were executed by him in name of coup-plotting. I remember lbb had an lgala airforce officer named Ekele, reputed at the time to be one of the best fighter pilots in Africa, executed in one of the many spurious allegations of coup plotting concocted to get rid of the officers he saw as obstac

le to his dream life presidency. On judgment day I hope he will be able to put up a defence, though God forgives or punishes as He wills.[/quote

I did a research on this same issue some time back just for knowledge purpose.read up interviews went as far as watching past tv interviews ,radio interviews ,foreign papers research etc....Vatsa was not free of guilt and signed his death warrant.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
bcomputer101:
When the going is still good.

THE HEART OF A MAN IS WICKED AND FULL OF EVIL.

Mamman kill himself.
he wanted to over-throne IBB in a military coup.

Bloody betrayer!
undecided

He was not involved in the the coup process directly just that the then military decree expected those who have premonition of the coup to divulge it or else same punishment awaits them and the key players.
Cases of Obasanjo and Dipo Diya fall into this category, they were not key plotter but they have an idea that some people are plotting/planing coup.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Confessng:
Evil Genius

Free IBB abeg. What is the big thing in killing someone or friend who plans to kill me?
Remember that they are soldiers and the rules
are well know to them. No deal excerpt you can prove that the victim was staged.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Zaikon(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
bigglat:

Its quite unfortunate that you can't reason well. If you say Otuoke man looted Nigeria, does that mean IBB didn't loot Nigeria treasury? He must have over-looted Nigeria.
it is better u comprehend before you comment

just try imagine how you complicate issue for your self
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Olamiconqueror: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Pic: IBB Signing Marriage Register As Bestman For Man His Administration Killed

IBB signing the marriage register as Mamman Vatsa's bestman. Vatsa was executed under IBB's administration in 1986

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/photo-ibb-signing-marriage-register-as.html
. Emeritus in Evil works.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by pappilo(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
I wont have been able to authorise that. Life imprisonment dey okay. Thats probably why I am not in the military
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by mbhs139(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
bcomputer101:
When the going is still good.

THE HEART OF A MAN IS WICKED AND FULL OF EVIL.

Mamman kill himself.
he wanted to over-throne IBB in a military coup.

Bloody betrayer!
undecided

You are correct, that's exactly what happened.

If I may ask, didn't Vasta himself know that this person I want to overthrow is my best friend, who was my best man on the day of my wedding? If there's anything Maman wanted or wanted to change, couldn't he have looked him, IBB, in the eye and tell him to his face, being friends. He was a betrayal and that's it. And do you also realise that if IBB resist arrest during the coup, had it succeeded, he, Vasta, could have ordered that IBB should be shot.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
lbb had an lgala airforce officer named Ekele, reputed at the time to be one of the best fighter pilots in Africa, executed in one of the many spurious allegations of coup plotting concocted to get rid of the officers he saw as obstacle to his dream life presidency. I thought. It ws Gideon Orkaa dat was executed by IBB over coup aligations, that the plan was to crash the plane in the river benue
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) by lukas280(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
wow na wa he sign his marriage registry and later signed his death excution..... real marado of all time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President buhari attends Juma'at prayers / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu To Storm Lagos Soon For Rally - Pics / Heritage Bank Staff At Andy Uba's House, Demand Payment Of Debts (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.