Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow (1177 Views)

Picture Of Zakzaky And His 6 Sons / El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai / Press Release:Zakzaky's Shia Islamic Movement On Zaria Incident With Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by ShiaMuslim: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
Why I Think Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow in Nigeria after the Zaria Massacre?

i explained in my reply to the below post.

handsomeclouds:
They are yet to learn

https://www.nairaland.com/2821662/shiite-members-celebrate-maulud-procession#41310155

you really have no idea who Shia Muslims are and what they are made up of. if Shi'ism was to die, it would have died after the Tragedy of Karbala. this goes to show that killing Shias and using force against them will only make them stronger. the saying goes that "what does not kill makes you stronger"...for the Shia, it is "what kills makes you stronger"!!!

the above are not my words. and i am not saying this because i happen to share the same beliefs with those people you are trying to intimidate. i say this based on historical facts. one of the slogans often repeated by the Shias is the words of Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain Zaynul-Abideen (a)-the fourth Shia Imam. he is the great grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (s). after the Tragedy of Karbala, and the beheading of his father, Imam Hussain (a)-the grandson of the Prophet (s)-Imam Zaynul Abideen (a) told Yazeed the tyrant the following words:

"do you threaten me with death? surely death to us is a tradition, and our honor from Allah is martyrdom".

another instance in the history of the Shia is the price they used to pay under the Sunni Abassid and Umayyad dynasties, which were very anti-Shia. to visit the tomb of Imam Hussain (a), the rulers made a rule that every Shia intending to visit that tomb will have to get his arm amputated as a price. the Shia willingly offered their arms to be amputated. the love the Shia have for the family of the holy Prophet Muhammad (s) is a story and traditional of pure loyalty, and love. the epitome of love and dedication.

after all the carnage in Zaria, and even if Sheikh Zakzaky does not return alive, Shia Islam will continue to grow in Nigeria and Africa and in the world as a whole. likewise, the Islamic Movement in Nigeria will grow. note that of the estimate 15-25 million Shias in Nigeria, not all Shias follow Zakzaky's Islamic Movement in Nigeria organization, even though Zakzaky's organization is the largest Shia group by far with an estimate of anything between a minimum 3 to a maximum 10 million followers. people who have never heard of the word "Shia" (anglicized "Shi'ite" ) have come to heard of it. you cannot fight a belief or an idea. and going by Shia history, using force and death to threaten or intimidate only gives the Shia more fuel to advance their cause. Shia Muslims use the oppression meted on them to advance their cause. an image of an oppressed people evokes the emotions even of non-Muslims. so what is going on in Nigeria is not going to stop the spread of Shia Islam, but the opposite. this massacre in Zaria has made Shia Islam more popular. it is the greatest publicity and help being done to Shias. and the pains and sufferings even Sheikh Zakzaky went through, he will not mind the sacrifice and in fact he will see it as a small price to be compared to the price/sacrifice Imam Hussain (a) paid in Karbala facing the umayyad tyrant, Yazeed Ibn Muawiya.

the Shia will not fight back, and they will not cause any trouble for fellow citizens. in fact the Tragedy of Karbala is referred to as "the Triumph of Blood over the Sword"!!! Mahatma Gandhi, the founding father of India and non-violent independence activist, in reference to the Tragedy of Karabal stated: " I learnt from Hussain how to be oppressed and achieve victory"!!! peace has been their (the IMN) banner. they will continue to be peaceful. they will continue to bear the pain and suffering and continue to propagate the truth so more people will see the light and accept the true image of Islam, which is peace and mercy. the only thing they will do is to continue their processions and creating awareness, may be seek legal means through NGOs and world organizations, and protests around the world, and even possibly going to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in the Hague. what has been done in Zaria is absolutely the wrong decision if the intention was meant to silence a belief or idea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
I wish you see the truth
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by ShiaMuslim: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I wish you see the truth

thanks for the wish.

please keep wishing and even praying...as long as you dont kill us, and kill no one for their beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
The Shias should be allowed to practice their faith according to their belief as long as they don't transgress the law. Nigeria constitution guarantees freedom to practice whatever faith one chooses. It is a crime to intimidate or kill the Shias for exercising their right.

the Shia will not fight back, and they will not cause any trouble for fellow citizens. peace has been their banner. they will continue to be peaceful.
This is so touching. You guys should be rest assured that we won't keep quiet to see your group murdered in cold blood by any organ of the State. We owe Nigeria a duty to defend the right of every group.

Salam Alaykoum....

1 Like

Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
ShiaMuslim:

thanks for the wish.

please keep wishing and even praying...as long as you dont kill us, and kill no one for their beliefs.
Who's killing you?
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by ShiaMuslim: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Shias should be allowed to practice their faith according to their belief as long as they don't transgress the law. Nigeria constitution guarantees freedom to practice whatever faith one chooses. It is a crime to intimidate or kill the Shias for exercising their right.
This is so touching. You guys should be rest assured that we won't keep quiet to see your group murdered in cold blood by any organ of the State. We owe Nigeria a duty to defend the right of every group.
Salam Alaykoum....

Wa aleikum assalam

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by ShiaMuslim: 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2015
handsomeclouds:

Who's killing you?

The Vikings and the Eskimos :p
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
ShiaMuslim:

Wa aleikum assalam

Thank you sir.
It's a pleasure cool
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by gists: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
For the records, I am a muslim (though not a shia nor sunni).
While I agree with you that the shia movement (just like other sects and religions) will not die no matter the intimidation, I also believe people should know where their limits lie.
I strongly believe EVERY religion and sect have EVERY right to go about their practice as long as it is peaceful and does not infringe on the rights of others. But no religion or sect is bigger than the country. From what we were told (and what we watched), it will do you a whole lot of good to talk to yourselves that blocking the road without police permit is not only illegal but just plain disrespectful to constituted authority - especially when the security agents are involved as in this recent case. The fact that politicians and other faiths do it does not make it legal.
All the tragic deaths could have been easily avoided if those people had "road marshals" and clear the road for the army to pass - by my estimation, it wouldn't have taken more than 30seconds for the army convoy to pass!
On many occasions, scholars have reported that the prophet (SAW) used to pick and dispose objects that can cause injury on the road thus making the roads free and safe for people. The least we can do today is not be the cause of discomfort on other road users - let alone national security men going about their national duties.

BUT I have also criticized the army on several occasions as their is absolutely no justification for their barbaric diabolical acts and whoever gave that order should be taught that human lives are sacred.
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by coolebux(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
They should form as many sects as they can And continue to kill themselves in the North
I can only be sorry when it happens.
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
ShiaMuslim:

The Vikings and the Eskimos :p

Good for you.
Why are you in Africa
You should be fvcking the polar bears
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Smooyis(m): 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
I still don't know why they are persecuting these shiites like this. I believe that these shiites are more peaceful than the sunnis if not there would have been a violent revenge by them to the society. Enough of this hatred and destruction. We are all one. God is love. Let love lead. Elrufai should tow the path of peace rather than adding more to the tension in the land through his unguarded utterances and deeds.
You are a governor today by the special grace of God. So you should be ruled by God's love and wisdom.

Happy Eid El maulud to all our Muslim brothers and sisters. And merry Christmas in advance to you all
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by joyandfaith: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I wish you see the truth
what is the truth?
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by fineguy11(m): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
If i were to be a muslim,i wld be a shia!as from today henceforth,i wld feel indifferent abt the killings in the northeast by bokoharam.an average SUNNI muslim wld rather fight the shite than to confront ISIS/BOKOHARAM..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Vulu: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
It is now evident that sunni islam breeds the terrorists and suicide bombers globally.
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by abduljabbar4(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
coolebux:
They should form as many sects as they can
And continue to kill themselves in the North

I can only be sorry when it happens.

Thats why i will continue to laugh whenever biafrans are killed by the army
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by ShiaMuslim: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
gists:
For the records, I am a muslim (though not a shia nor sunni).
While I agree with you that the shia movement (just like other sects and religions) will not die no matter the intimidation, I also believe people should know where their limits lie.
I strongly believe EVERY religion and sect have EVERY right to go about their practice as long as it is peaceful and does not infringe on the rights of others. But no religion or sect is bigger than the country. From what we were told (and what we watched), it will do you a whole lot of good to talk to yourselves that blocking the road without police permit is not only illegal but just plain disrespectful to constituted authority - especially when the security agents are involved as in this recent case. The fact that politicians and other faiths do it does not make it legal.
All the tragic deaths could have been easily avoided if those people had "road marshals" and clear the road for the army to pass - by my estimation, it wouldn't have taken more than 30seconds for the army convoy to pass!
On many occasions, scholars have reported that the prophet (SAW) used to pick and dispose objects that can cause injury on the road thus making the roads free and safe for people. The least we can do today is not be the cause of discomfort on other road users - let alone national security men going about their national duties.
BUT I have also criticized the army on several occasions as their is absolutely no justification for their barbaric diabolical acts and whoever gave that order should be taught that human lives are sacred.

After the road wahala, or aside the road wahala, why was the mosque, house of the sheikh and cemetery attacked? Revenge or planned?

Please watch this and tell me if all this was mere coincidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGoWg0oxU4
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by gists: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
ShiaMuslim:

After the road wahala, or aside the road wahala, why was the mosque, house of the sheikh and cemetery attacked? Revenge or planned?

Please watch this and tell me if all this was mere coincidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGoWg0oxU4
That is exactly why I called the shameless act unjustifiable and diabolic (I am even tempted to call it a terrorist act). Their is absolutely no justification for going back to rain bullets on civilian. Infact I said on another thread that it may have been better if the army forced their way through during the initial road block. For me, it looked like a planned work. I don't recollect the army in recent times recording themselves begging "bloody civilians" (especially while on the course of their duties). Just imagine the Nigerian army picking out the video recorder and capturing on tape a high ranking officer begging civilians without any specific motive in mind. I don't recollect that it ever happened. But we have even heard of journalists beaten and their equipment destroyed because they dare to capture them on camera. The only conclusion for me (for now at least) is that it was all planned so the video can be used as evidence.
But I believe we all need to take the lesson here - appoint a few men/women as marshals when going on procession to direct traffics so we don't deny other road users their rights to the roads.
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by mej67: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nairaland says no to Shia. Seun, Pls add to rule 2
Re: Shi'a Islam And The Shia Islamic Movement Of Zakzaky Will Continue to Grow by Rafidi: 12:05am On Dec 25, 2015
gists:

That is exactly why I called the shameless act unjustifiable and diabolic (I am even tempted to call it a terrorist act). Their is absolutely no justification for going back to rain bullets on civilian. Infact I said on another thread that it may have been better if the army forced their way through during the initial road block. For me, it looked like a planned work. I don't recollect the army in recent times recording themselves begging "bloody civilians" (especially while on the course of their duties). Just imagine the Nigerian army picking out the video recorder and capturing on tape a high ranking officer begging civilians without any specific motive in mind. I don't recollect that it ever happened. But we have even heard of journalists beaten and their equipment destroyed because they dare to capture them on camera. The only conclusion for me (for now at least) is that it was all planned so the video can be used as evidence.
But I believe we all need to take the lesson here - appoint a few men/women as marshals when going on procession to direct traffics so we don't deny other road users their rights to the roads.

You made good valid points.

(1) (Reply)

2016 Budget: Senators Seek Heavy Taxation Of Nigerians / I Am Reconciling With APC - Osoba / General Aliyu Mohammed “die-to-rule” Gusau Exposed As Top Boko Haram Sponsor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.