Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! (964 Views)

Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) / Mother And Her Little Child Twerk In Video / Man Faints As DNA Shows His 4 Kids Belong To Neighbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by vybzkartel: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
I have a little daughter in her second year.
There is this trend however on-going that i hate but dont know the best way to approach it
Peeps in and around my wife are fond of giving her food.
If its biscuit and baby stuff, i dont really have a problem, but often, its like they are spoon-feeding her with the same spoon these people are also eating with. I think it is very unhealthy and spiritually insecure. But how do i approach it, without offending people?

Cant people just mind their own business?
There people that will deliberately "worry" this my little child to cry and i so hate it.
Other especially males will want to touch her buttocks

what is all this? angry

please help cry cry cry
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by dhantey324(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Tell ur wife to be actively involved in feeding ur child. B4 ur pikin begin fly 4 night.
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by vybzkartel: 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
dhantey324:
Tell ur wife to be actively involved in feeding ur child. B4 ur pikin begin fly 4 night.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm embarassed
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by Melahou(m): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Please you should stop it

Tell them not to continue with it.

Come up with what ever excuse

Else she might get initiated tru that means

1 Like

Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by vybzkartel: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Melahou:
Please you should stop it

Them them not to continue with it.

Come up with what ever excuse

Else she might get initiated tru that means

thanks oo
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by Kayoski(m): 10:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
vybzkartel:

thanks oo
move away from that apartment, I guess it isn't conducive for raising a child
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 25, 2015
vybzkartel:

There is this trend however on-going that i hate but dont know the best way to approach it
If its biscuit and baby stuff, i dont really have a problem, but often, its like they are spoon-feeding her with the same spoon these people are also eating with. I think it is very unhealthy and spiritually insecure. But how do i approach it, without offending people?

There people that will deliberately "worry" this my little child to cry and i so hate it.

what is all this? angry

please help cry cry cry

Man, you're soft.

I don't joke with my kids, they are my world. I don't let anyone feed them, and if they did, especially cooked food, and with communal cutlery, I will tell them straight. I don't mince words, when it comes to my children. If my neighbour, or whoever the person is feel I've hurt their feelings, tough.

I too will NOT feed a neighbour's child, not even with cookies or candy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by Onegai(f): 12:42am On Dec 25, 2015
vybzkartel:

what is all this? angry

please help cry cry cry

Excuse my french, but are you having a brain fart?! With the part I just bolded, are you truly still worried about offending these people rather than protecting your child?! Are you waiting for your 2 year old toddler to be the next victim in a thread titled "Man of such age defiles 2 year old girl" before you realise you should carry your pikin away to safety, whoever wants to feel offensed should hug a live transformer instantly. Haba.

I don't think there's any spiritual harm to your child however it isn't sanitary for anyone to be feeding her.

You need to sit your wife down and show her all those threads on NL about child abuse cases and tell her that innocence can never be recovered and all the parents of all the victim's never suspected the abusers. Speak sternly to her and let that be the last of anyone doing anything you're not comfortable with, to your child.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by cococandy(f): 6:12am On Dec 25, 2015
OP like seriously?
If you have to yell at them to stop, pls by all means do.
Ewwwww to the 10th power.

Pls who and who touched her buttocks and what were they looking for? The moment you saw the first person do that, you shoulda made a big scene or case out of it and everyone else will learn to keep their space.
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by vybzkartel: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Thanks all for the advice so far
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by byvan03: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please get a better apartment, this happens in a very public living arrangement. You can't really protect the child fully if you keep living in such setting because you won't spend the entire day at home to guard her.
Re: Neighbours Giving Food To Your Little Child, Your Take! by annalong: 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
vybzkartel, I am sure you have a really cute and smart daughter and hence people want her to be around them.

You need to be very firm. Your first thought should be protecting your daughter and understanding that people that abuse young children are usually people who have access to the child. You might offend people in achieving this but it needs to be done.

To stop them from giving her food,
1.) Ensure she is well fed at home always, she might be taking food because she is still hungry
2.) Children learn when we repeat instruction, tell her always that you want her to stop collecting things from people except for mummy and daddy.
3.) Tell all your neighbors that you are trying to teach your daughter contentment and so you need them to stop giving her things, when they try to give her something in your presence collect it and return it to then. They will understand you mean business.

You must be very firm and even offended when anyone touches her inappropriately or tries to make her cry, let them know immediately that you do not want that (Yes they may mock you as an overprotective parent but most will stop it). My husband is fiercely protective of our daughter and believe me people around us understand this and behave appropriately

Finally your wife needs to sit up. You cannot achieve much without your wife also having an understanding of the dangers you might be exposing that child to. You both need to agree on what is acceptable or not and the dangers in just going with the flow in raising your children.

Sorry for the long post but this is something i am passionate about.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Seeing All These I Wonder Why Parents Still Give Their Children As Maids / Scared Of Ladies That Earn More? / In Marriage U Must Be Careful With Advice U Receives From Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.