Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" (15437 Views)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / I Think Christians In The Core North Should Stop Attending Church For Now. / The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by Synthase(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2010
Every organised church interpretes the bible to suit their own opinion
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
KunleOshob:

Well i can't quote a specific mission statement but the main objective is to preach the gospel of christ rightlly divided. This means doing away with pre -conceived notions and feeding from the scriptures in it's proper context. The church also attmepts to remove man made regultions from our religious practises and attempts to foister true fellowship amongst brethen there. On the issue of speaking in tongues, whilst the church agrees it is biblical we don't practise it or use it during worship. It is our understanding that speaking in tongues[other languages] was a gift given to the early apostles to aid them in spreading the gospel to other regions were their language was not spoken. We also believe the gift of speaking in tongues is just one of the gifts of the spirit which is not given to all. It is clear from scripures that mandatory speaking in tongues as is practised in most pentecostal churches is wrong and is also self deceit and a mockery of the holy spirit. However if you genuinely have the gift of tongues all well and good but is is not necessary or compulsary for christian worship.

This appears that some disgruntled baptist rebels have gathered themselves together to form a "church."  Should we call them spiritual rebels?  But I must commend you for your sincerity (even though you are sincerely wrong), unlike ttalk who would rather send the equirer on a wild goose chase.
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by sonya4all(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2010
Hmm,tnks for that,i kinda sounds like my independent fundamental baptists,do they believe on eternal security,?
Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2010
Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees shocked

Re: I Am Done With Intituitionalized Christianity, Would Stop Attending "church" by TheObserver1: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
@op. I am a Raelian and as such i would state categorically u are experiencing the symptom of a failing system or ideology, am talking about religion. Please visit www.rael.org ur thoughts and views would never be the same again

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.