Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization (1143 Views)

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / History Of Nsibidi The Ancient Igbo Alphabets Britain Destroyed Ibo Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by Kenmatt(m): 12:11am On Dec 25, 2015
Season's greetings to u all.

U all knw dt culture is a people's way of life.Due to low self esteem, we blacks or Africans negrete our culture. D clamour for civilization, socialization n westernization has eaten deep into our system. I'm not here to cajole any white man's culture but to high light ours.

Firstly, eating with a fork n knife. How could u eat wt fork n knife wen u knw dt d larger portion shd be dropping n dis will subject u to time taking instead of using ur bare hand n enjoy ur meal.

Secondly, d most annoying part is dt even d food is eaten wt a left hand. What an awkward!!!.

Dress code, dis guys' dressing most times are like an eyesore. In Scotland, men wear skirts. Dis isn't ridiculous? In dis xmass period, u shd come out wt ur proudly African attires like Buba, Asoke,Babariga,Isiagu.

Again, uncooked food, d so called salads n lots more are something I can't try. Any time I want to enjoy my self, I will go for Fufu, Garri n pounded yam wt a good soup.

Borrowed life, u can save n buy ur self a Golf unlike them that will be driving a hire purchase n they could drive it for life. In d name of subsidies or grant.

Timing, when its 8am here, its 7am in UK n 2am in US. Is this not outdated n backwardness?.

Speaking through d nose, how can one be talking through d nose n ur emulating him claiming ur talking slangs "I wanna ganna" instead of voicing out like a real man or woman u are.

Disrespectful, how can a young man sees his grand father n bring forth one hand to shake n utter; "granny wot's up?".

Gay n lesbianism, Ds is even a taboo before God d creator.

D list goes on but u can add urs. Its a high time we braced our culture with a keen interest because even d civilization its self, originated from Africa. Ejypt to be precise. Happy xmass n joyous new year.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by acenazt: 1:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Bros Dem naked swear for you? Which level you climb na?? If black man carry himself copy white man,na ur market?
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by Kenmatt(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
acenazt:
Bros Dem naked swear for you? Which level you climb na?? If black man carry himself copy white man,na ur market?
"u no get gist abeg"
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by oglalasioux(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2015
That's a brilliant post but I regret your lack of cohesion in the write up. It would have been great too if you had taken spellings into consideration. I'll however like to discuss the points you raised in this important piece.
1. Eating with fork and knives is important especially when you are fully dressed. It makes for easy eating as you can cut the food into tiny pieces. The knife is usually held in your right hand because that's what you use to cut the food. There's nothing unusual with using the fork with your right hand after you are through cutting your food. The white man also eats with his fingers. They eat burgers and other snacks with their bare hands and not with fork and knives.
2. Uncooked food could be the solution to many diseases we have today in Africa. Diabetes is a good example and it's number one cause is excess sugar which your garri and fufu are heavily laden with.
3. You said something about dressing but it wasn't clear. But I must say you cannot wear your agbada during Xmas in Europe unless you have tons of thermal underwear which must be really expensive.
4. The insurance policy of the white man makes life easier for them. Once they get a job banks extend credit for them to get a house and car. Not here in Nigeria where you must be corrupt before you can achieve anything as a civil servant or any work for that matter.
5. The timing in different places is as a result of the rotation of the earth. I hope you learned longitudes and latitudes in school.
6. The way the white man handles family is not the way we do. The white man is ruled by his work. The black man is ruled by his family. I must tell you it's the bedrock of our backwardness.
7. Gays and lesbianism, my good man, will end up doing good for the world. Our populations are bursting resources at the seams. The less births we have the better for Africa.
I'm only trying to let you know that Africa's problem is it's inability to accept change.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by Kenmatt(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
My brother oglalasioux, your points are commendable. But you have to know that family is the unit of world's population since your laying much emphasis on human population. As they say; charity begins at home. You don't have to work at the detriments of your family.
You are working for your family and your family is not existing for you job.
Gay and lesbianism are not birth control methods. Inspite of these guys' illicit acts on these, US is more than (250,000) in population, India is above one billion, China is above one billion, England is more than eighty million.
So next time when your talking about change, talk about progressive change and not retrogressive change.
Thanks a lot.
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by oglalasioux(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kenmatt:
My brother oglalasioux, your points are commendable. But you have to know that family is the unit of world's population since your laying much emphasis on human population. As they say; charity begins at home. You don't have to work at the detriments of your family.
You are working for your family and your family is not existing for you job.
Gay and lesbianism are not birth control methods. Inspite of these guys' illicit acts on these, US is more than (250,000) in population, India is above one billion, China is above one billion, England is more than eighty million.
So next time when your talking about change, talk about progressive change and not retrogressive change.
Thanks a lot.
Have you been able to manage your population growth as the countries you mentioned did? Do you know the measures they took? I'm talking of progressive change when I say we must use every means possible to control our population growth. The white man can handle himself. The African man can't. Family obligations is the number one culprit for corruption in Africa!
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by Kenmatt(m): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
U said our problem lies in our growing population. I disagree to that. Nigeria as a great nation is not because we have oil but because of our population. Not only US and England but also France and Germany as well. Before you talk about Pakistan, Indonesia and even Brazil. Population goes a long way in socio economic and even political development of any nation.
If "two heads are better than one" which means a million heads are better than a thousand head.
Dear, oglalasioux, you don't have to be scared of our growing population. Mathewcian's theory is no longer in vogue. If we can diversify our economy, We can contend with those countries in Europe and America that you have high honour for.
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by oglalasioux(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kenmatt:
U said our problem lies in our growing population. I disagree to that. Nigeria as a great nation is not because we have oil but because of our population. Not only US and England but also France and Germany as well. Before you talk about Pakistan, Indonesia and even Brazil. Population goes a long way in socio economic and even political development of any nation.
If "two heads are better than one" which means a million heads are better than a thousand head.
Dear, oglalasioux, you don't have to be scared of our growing population. Mathewcian's theory is no longer in vogue. If we can diversify our economy, We can contend with those countries in Europe and America that you have high honour for.
Good. I agree with you to a great extent. But let's face it; do you or don't you agree that extended family obligations is the number one reason for corruption in Africa? Do you or don't you agree that the reasons for the fast decay of our infrastructures is as a result of exponential population growth? Do you or don't you agree that Nigeria is actually triple the official published population? We are in trouble, brother.
Re: 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization by Kenmatt(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
I think I like your argument. Extended family has nothing to do with one being corrupt or not. What beings about corruption is greediness. One not being satisfied with what one has. Its a individual thing. I know what you are afraid of. In an extended family as its in African culture. No one is forcing you to carry the responsibility of the entire extended family alone. Not even extended but a compound family. If they are united, their will be a collective efforts which will bring about a multiple result. This is a core reason in the past, a man gets three to four women as wife and gets up to seven to twelve children. In that case, he has many men and women that will be going to farm with him. That was why they were excelling in Agriculture then. You have titled based on the number of your barn and lots more.
Depreciation is natural. Even human being gets sick
This is why maintenance is to be considered. Population will not retard development rather speeds up development. Its in the population that you have labour, and labour produces wealth. Where there is population that is where there is market.

(1) (Reply)

"Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba / Men Kneel Before Monarch After Returning From Spiritual Fortification. Photos / What Is The History Of Umuhu-omuma Community In Imo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.