Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces (18808 Views)

A Soldier Killed While Fighting Boko Haram. Nigerians React (Photos) / Woman Welcome Her Soldier Husband From Fighting Boko Haram (Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram, Garnish Their Jollof Rice With Snake Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by dre11(m): 7:08am On Dec 25, 2015
Nigeria’s Defense Minister, Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali, on Thursday disclosed that some civilians who have been fighting alongside the Joint Task Force against Islamist insurgents will soon be integrated into the armed forces.

Nigeria’s Defense Minister, Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali, on Thursday disclosed that some civilians who have been fighting alongside the Joint Task Force against Islamist insurgents will soon be integrated into the armed forces.

Mr. Muhammad Dan-Ali made the disclosure during a courtesy visit to Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State in Maiduguri, the state capital. Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff, General G.A. Olanisakin, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall S.B. Abubakar, and other military officers accompanied the minister on the visit.

The minister stated that numerous civilians had supported the military in counter-insurgency operations. He also assured the people of Borno State that the end of terrorist attacks by Boko Haram insurgents would soon come.

“Since President Muhammadu Buhari’s assumption of office, we have gained more ground against Boko Haram terrorists. And I assure you the menace of Boko Haram will soon be over,” Mr. Muhammad Dan-Ali declared.

He added that some civilian fighters would be integrated into the armed forces after necessary reviews. The minister thanked Governor Shettima for providing 30 sports utility vehicles to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations. According to the minister, the vehicles would help ease the task of the military.

Mr. Shettima expressed his gratitude to the minister and officially presented the 30 vehicles worth N304 million. He added that the state government was determined to continue assisting troops in their fight against Boko Haram.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/24/civilian-vigilante-groups-fighting-boko-haram-be-integrated-armed-forces—defense-minister

lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Demmocrats(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2015
He added that some civilian fighters would be integrated into the armed forces after necessary reviews. The minister thanked Governor Shettima for providing 30 sports utility vehicles to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations. According to the minister, the vehicles would help ease the task of the military.

It's a welcomed development, such news will beef up the morals of both the soldiers and the volunteered civilians. Its good when someone appreciates your work, i also want them to issue Officers ranks if any of the Civilian Fighters provides them with valid Degree or equivalent this will go a long way in strengthening our Army.

If things are done the normal way, the right people should have been in Nigerian Army not the current Ajibota's that are related to a top shot or knows one Governor, Senator or a child of an Officer or a friend to a high ranking officer,that have taken over our NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy) there by producing unqualified officers that are not capable to lead.

I commend the Army for a bold move and i pray they implement it based on merit not by based on "who you know" syndrome that has killed this great Nation called Nigeria.

Happy Xmas to all my fellow Nairalanders, Love you all!!!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by madridguy(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2015
Good development.

3 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by INTROVERT(f): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Toh!!!!
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by tobillionaire(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2015
Wat dy shld av done sinx, thy shld even involve bakassi boys nd OPC... I swear boko haram will no longer b in existence
INTROVERT:
Toh!!!!
duuurh! No FTC fr u today

2 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Destined2win: 7:15am On Dec 25, 2015
I hope they are not sabotaged too.

The biggest problem in the insurgency fight is SABOTAGE!

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:15am On Dec 25, 2015
Those guys did a great job in taming insurgency. Kudos to them for sacrificing their live for other citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Zaikon(m): 7:19am On Dec 25, 2015
hhm
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by yhemsy62(m): 7:22am On Dec 25, 2015
Okay
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 7:36am On Dec 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
Toh!!!!

I just click to see INTROVET on the FCT but I was disappoint.

Haba Demmocrats, why did you give INTROVERT a dead slap this morning of Xmas? Is it for Xmas gift?

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 25, 2015
GEJ failed this nation. Useless man undecided

4 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Demmocrats(m): 7:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Naijacitizen:

I just click to see INTROVET on the FCT but I was disappoint.

Haba Demmocrats, why did you give INTROVERT a dead slap this morning of Xmas? Is it for Xmas gift?

Please who is Introvert, never heard of the person?

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by ijustdey: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2015

those civilians JTF really helped the military in their fight to free the NE of insurgency.

I hope they will review each of them in person before they are integrated.
such a good step I must say

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2015
This is a welcome development. However, such recruitment should also be spread to the south to avoid a situation of highly northernised military.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Herald47: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Worth complimenting
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 7:55am On Dec 25, 2015
Demmocrats:

Please who is Introvert, never heard of the person?

A pretty and attractive young lady on this forum who is always eager to make FTC.
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by feldido(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2015
Not a bad idea... But I bet u, this will be an easy way for Boko Haram to infiltrate our Army.

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Islie: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2015
I hope this isn't paper promise ooooo

And the army should do a background check before they are integrated
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 8:10am On Dec 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is a welcome development. However, such recruitment should also be spread to the south to avoid a situation of highly northernised military.

what did the south Militants contribute to the National security than oil vandalization, armed robbery, kidnapping, and other related criminal activities. Integrating them to our gallant armed force will risk the future of our national security.

9 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by lawnreigh(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2015
it's a nice and welcome development, it will boost the morale of the fighters and locals too......in another news Today is my birthday, it feels so good been born on
Christmas day fellow NL's show me love

4 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by MyndABastard: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2015
The truth is the hardest thing to come about with this useless apc govt.

When the army rightful dismissed some traitors in their ranks they were reinstated by this boko govt.

They will claim they are integrating the vigilantes but something tells me they will be adding a lot of bokos as well which they have been using in their jihad in the middle belt and whom they intend to draft to quell Biafran aggitators and carry out genocide on ND communities.

This Govt is headed by the vilest and evilest of men. Look what they did to the Shiites in Zaria.

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by MyndABastard: 8:21am On Dec 25, 2015
Naijacitizen:

what did the south Militants contribute to the National security than oil vandalization, armed robbery, kidnapping, and other related criminal activities. Integrating them to our gallant armed force will risk the future of our national security.

They gave us 13%. They forced your parasitic nation to understand that it is not business as usual.

Keep hating on the ND and watch your BP rise
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2015
Naijacitizen:

I think you need help. Did you see 'militant' in the post you quoted? Are you sane? If not for the failure of government to address fundamental challenges would their be any reason to justify criminality/militancy?

5 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by theDEVILisHERE: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2015
dre11:

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/24/civilian-vigilante-groups-fighting-boko-haram-be-integrated-armed-forces—defense-minister

It doesn't matter
Cause Bokoharam members have already been integrated into the Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2015
MyndABastard:

They gave us 13%. They forced your parasitic nation to understand that it is not business as usual.

Keep hating on the ND and watch your BP rise

My friend, I don't hate NDans rather than the criminals among the way I hate northerners criminals.

I have many. I have many friends who are from ND in a real life.

BP? You almost crack my rips for this ya joke.
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by MyndABastard: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2015
Naijacitizen:

My friend, I don't hate NDans rather than the criminals among the way I hate northerners criminals.

I have many. I have many friends who are from ND in a real life.

BP? You almost crack my rips for this ya joke.

One man's terrorist is another man's rebel

The only terrorist is the Nigerian state which has no qualms killing it's own citizens
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I think you need help. Did you see 'militant' in the post you quoted? Are you sane? If not for the failure of government to address fundamental challenges would their be any reason to justify criminality/militancy?

And the OP is talking about those participating in faighting against Boko haram insurgency. If your south want to got same reward without going through NDA, they should contribute something to the national security. May be fighting against armed robbery, ritualist, oil vandalism and other criminal that are eating your region into the mess.

1 Like

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by Naijacitizen(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2015
MyndABastard:

[b]One man's terrorist is another man's rebel[gb]

The only terrorist is the Nigerian state which has no qualms killing it's own citizens

.....Even a hero because if we look back then even the pharaoh and hitler are the hoes of other. But to me, no any other terrorst can be my hero.
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by MyndABastard: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2015
Naijacitizen:

.....Even a hero because if we look back then even the pharaoh and hitler are the hoes of other. But to me, no any other terrorst can be my hero.

You voted and blindly support an advocate for amnesty for Boko Haram
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by SirRoberto(m): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2015
It a welcome development, buh they also have to be retrained
Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by SirRoberto(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2015
It a welcome development, buh they also have to be retrained. This administration should work on amending the Constitution to adopt state or community policing in the country. I m ready to offer them free consultation on how it can work in our unique environment

2 Likes

Re: Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces by nollyway(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2015
Happy xmas ma fellow nairalanders!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Promotion Scandal: Olusegun Awolowo Forged Letter From SGF's Office - Reps / Tips On How To Prevent Kidnapping - Police / LASU, UNILAG, LAUTECH, LASUED & LASUSTECH Students Endorse Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.