Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? (2054 Views)

Why Online Learning Is A Viable Alternative To Classroom Learning / Online Courses | Online Training | Online Learning | Trainerglobe / United Nations Free E-learning Certificate Training Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by Baddosneh: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas!

I recently did a couple of research and i found an online learning program with the University of Liverpool

https://www.university-liverpool-online.com/about/global-presence/nigeria?utm_source=NAIRALAND&utm_medium=BANNER&utm_campaign=UOLNAIRALAND&ref=4461104

I just got a good job and i would want to boost my credentials, but i am not sure if having an online certificate is of any use in Nigeria

I need your suggestions

Lalasticlala
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by psucc(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
No sir! The NUC HD recently warned Nigerians that it has not accredited any online course nor institution. Hence, the certificate is worthless and not acceptable in Nigeria.
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Go for it. Am working on an MSc Management at University of Liverpool and it's a wonderful experience. The certificate is prestigious and its the same with the one obtained by those that studied full time. You also get an invitation to attend convocation in Liverpool with the resident students. The delivery of education is changing all around the world. The University of London has been running distance Degrees and Masters for over 50 years. Go for it
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by marcondo13: 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
As long as the school or awarding body is certified and recognized by the authorized bodies,go for it. Abi you want to compare a program organised by Oxford University, TU Graz, University of Liverpool or Walden University to that organised by University of Lagos or Ibadan? Abeg,put NUC for one corner. They are concerned with programs run by mushroom and illegal schools,not established bodies. Even the IADC well control program certification,WELLSHARP, is now online because it is cost saving and flexible.
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by igboboy3(m): 10:10am On Dec 26, 2015
yes, go for it if it is what you want.
There is nothing wrong with the certificate
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by douchesnozzle(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Op online learning is currently on the rise like butt implants on white ladies. The world is fast moving away from the conventional classroom learning especially for postgraduate studies. I ll b commencing an MBA next year from University of South Wales and am seriously looking forward to it. A lot of top executives in my organization rose through the ranks via this mode of learning.
Re: Is An Online Learning Certificate Worth Anything In Nigeria? by Samyj247: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
sanky346:
Go for it. Am working on an MSc Management at University of Liverpool and it's a wonderful experience. The certificate is prestigious and its the same with the one obtained by those that studied full time. You also get an invitation to attend convocation in Liverpool with the resident students. The delivery of education is changing all around the world. The University of London has been running distance Degrees and Masters for over 50 years. Go for it
pls how much does it cost, bcus that is exactly what I plan to do next year same school.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do Journalists Make Their Earnings? / Mastercard Graduate Launch Program 2022 – (associate Analyst – Account Managemen / Who Is Who In The Accounting Profession?? Alh. Ahmed Idris (Accountant General )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.