Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy (36821 Views)

Shocking But Interesting Health Facts About Your Eyes / 8 Health Facts Explained / Fascinating Health Benefits Of Lemon Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by musicwriter(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Caspian22:

lol.. you re like a movie character. my signature " life is not Hollywood " means that most things that happen in Hollywood are not reality. If you have listened to M.I's song brother that line was used months after I wrote it as my signature. I even believe that nollywood movies are more closer to reality than Hollywood's. Although I appreciate your patriotism. lol

Thanks, but I was addressing the reason you used that adage in the first place, which is not really you're fault but something we inherited collectively from Britain through brainwashing colonial education. Yes, it used to be the right adage in the 80s, may be early 90s, but that not ought to be anymore!.

Why?.

Because, we now have our own Nollywood that you can use as reference, examples, standard, e.t.c. When you do that you've created knowledge and it'll spread and become a standard. White man is not the standard for knowledge creation/learning. Whiteman is not the standard for creating adages!. This's why I like it when Mr. Patrick Obahigbon create words such as pepersouping, owambeing, e.t.c. As long as you keep using that adage you'll continue to emit to white people that you're inferior and can't possibly understand you already have your own Nollywood that you can use as a standard, adage, reference, e.t.c.

No matter how much Nollywood prospers, a white man will never use the adage; "Life is not Nollywood", unless if he/she want to deride our movie industry.

NB: Unfortunately, you may not understand what I'm saying. Make time to read the article on my signature, you'll understand.
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Bollinger(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
Caspian22:

hmmm. I believe the only truth is in the bible. but we also have it on the internet

The reason i was quick to disprove your aspersions is because sometimes personal experiences can be more informative than what someone else tells you or what the internet tells you. Because of my job, I am certified in crossfit and PRT. Part of the certification is health and nutrition. Getting in shape and eating right is my thing so it is very hard for me to swallow most of those points.
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Caspian22(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bollinger:

The reason i was quick to disprove your aspersions is because sometimes personal experiences can be more informative than what someone else tells you or what the internet tells you. Because of my job, I am certified in crossfit and PRT. Part of the certification is health and nutrition. Getting in shape and eating right is my thing so it is very hard for me to swallow most of those points.

It's alright. I always say that in my blog that I am not a fitness expert. I feel very privileged to be talking to a certified crossfit and PRT. You just gave me an idea to use personal experiences in in my posts. I don't know how to o. but I'll try. Thank man
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Bollinger(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Caspian22:

It's alright. I always say that in my blog that I am not a fitness expert. I feel very privileged to be talking to a certified crossfit and PRT. You just gave me an idea to use personal experiences in in my posts. I don't know how to o. but I'll try. Thank man

I have a blog and one of the best ways of getting content is to travel. I don't mean overseas oooo. Reading alone will only get you so far. You'll be surprised at how much content you'll have when you travel.
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Alameer(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Caspian22:
Knowledge is power. So today I will be sharing some "Watts" you. It is actually just 12 watt. Here are twelve basic get healthy facts you should know, because they could improve your health.

1. Working out in front of a mirror will make you exercise more faster and your work out easier. That's probably why gyms have mirrors everywhere, I don't know.

2. An overgrown beard has the same type of bacteria that is also present in a hairy armpit. Which means they could both smell the same. Always try to keep a clean beard If you want to keep one.

3. Do you know that our body can produce aspirin? When you regularly eat fruit and vegetables, benzoic acid present in the fruit, helps the body produce salicyclic acid. Which is a key component of aspirin. It also has the same pain relieving effect as aspirin.

4. The chances of getting a heart attack increases during Christmas and new year
celebrations . I feel that this is probably due to the stress and anxiety that it brings. Maybe also due to the noisy and loud knockouts and fireworks too.

5. According to a study by the great Harvard university. Patients who prayed often and were prayed for, recovered faster. Prayer helps a lot, so get spiritual.

6. A warm, nice hug will improve your heart and lower your stress hormone level. Always look for opportunities to get a hug from a loved one. It will also help your emotional health.

7. Your kitchen sink is going to be more dirtier than your bathroom. They will be millions of diverse groups of microorganisms present there. So clean up!

8. If a pregnant woman drinks alcohol during the period of her pregnancy, the chances of her giving birth to a deformed or abnormal baby increases. Avoid any alcohol intake during pregnancy.

9. Lycopene and vitamin E are the two most powerful antioxidants, that helps prevent cancer. Lycopene is present in tomatoes, while vitamin E is abundant in nuts and cereals. But do not take it excessively.

10. Risk factors in breast cancer include high levels of insulin and low levels of sleep hormone, melatonin.

This simply means that overeating and lack of sleep will increase the possibility of having breast cancer.

11. When you skip breakfast in the morning, you could end up doing nothing productive the entire level. Breakfast in the morning is like your first and main fuel for the day.

12. Putting on uncomfortable shoes and high heels, will have adverse effects later in life. They stress your joint and make your ligaments sore. Make sure you always put on free shoes.

So that's it 12 watts of power. I hope you have learned something new today. Please don't forget to leave comments. http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2015/12/12-fascinating-get-healthy-facts-you.html?m=1

cc: sizzy3
Dominique
lalasticlala
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by MrCEO69(m): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

+ so we can drink our urine as per number 3 undecided
+ number 5 is fallacious; no academic source and purely fictitious. undecided
+ number 8 require scientific ratiocination

others dnt v academic source as u want, why the hate on what u dnt blive. Just overlook it b4 u v heartattack.
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Caspian22(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bollinger:

I have a blog and one of the best ways of getting content is to travel. I don't mean overseas oooo. Reading alone will only get you so far. You'll be surprised at how much content you'll have when you travel.

OK great
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by lilreese: 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nice
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by kings09(m): 1:25am On Dec 26, 2015
Especially num 6....u cld be saving a soul, my soul smiley wink
sinaj:
Wow

I did learn something new

Thanks op smiley
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by smushi(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2015
iteleaye:
Looking forward to wiping my unhealthy habits slate clean, and starting afresh this new year... So help me God...

Spv709... With barometer, altimeter, thermometer and weather forecast functions, coupled with other basic functions... Let it guide you

How much?
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Tobium1(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2015
I totally disagree with No. 2 joor. #TeamBeardGang
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by iteleaye(m): 8:11am On Dec 26, 2015
smushi:

How much?

Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by vikkeee(m): 8:20am On Dec 26, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

+ so we can drink our urine as per number 3 undecided
+ number 5 is fallacious; no academic source and purely fictitious. undecided
+ number 8 require scientific ratiocination
Had to go back and read number three because of your comment...my bRother what's the relationship between urine and what was said in number 3?
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2015
End time health facts.

What about regular sex for married ones ?
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2015
End time health facts
Regular sex for couples [url][/url]
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by Shakur86(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2015
Eboh4z:
I concor
concur

1 Like

Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by batstan(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Wife come see cool
Re: 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy by gentlegenius(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
Dottore:
Very informative. How I wish brilliant posts like this wasting away in the other sections would start getting priority attention than the many poo from chidinma, iyanya, ice prince, Tonto Dike, Genevieve and so on.
.... and Linda Ikeji.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wale Akinlotan: Police Officer Slumps, Dies In Lagos Days After Suspect’s Bite / Plateau To Punish Culprits Who Leaked COVID-19 Index Test Result / What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.