Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover (2029 Views)

Lola Omotayo-Okoye: Why Peter Okoye Bought A Range Rover For Me (VIDEO / Lola Omotayo-Okoye's 36th Birthday Message To P'square Peter & Paul Okoye / Fans Storm Lola Omotayo-Okoye's Instagram Page Over P'square Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Islie: 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Lola Omotayo-Okoye, wife to one of the P-square duo, has revealed how she was molested while in high school by a priest, noting that for a really long time, she has continued to blame herself, even as she could not tell anyone, not even her family, about it.

Lola shared her story at the just concluded Kinabuti Dare2Dream project, encouraging and motivating young ladies to pursue their dreams.

According to her, “You shouldn’t let your past determine what your destiny will be, we all have our past whether good or bad or makes us unhappy, we all had a life that we lived that we are not happy about, you shouldn’t let it bother you from succeeding.

“When I was a young girl in my early teens in high school, I was molested by a catholic priest, I blamed myself, I didn’t tell anyone because I was ashamed, couldn’t tell anyone cos I felt everyone would blame me, so I carried on the guilt and bitterness with me for years. I was filled with hate and I became a angry person, I was rebellious, I didn’t want to listen to anybody and because I wanted to be expelled from school to avoid seeing this person, I would do so many terrible things, everything around me was just so negative, I felt I wasn’t good enough.”

Speaking further, Lola disclosed how she was physically abused by an ex-boyfriend in the University.

She continued: “Anyway I moved on to the university, met the love of my life and i’m like, okay this guy is cool, he loves me and then he started to abuse me. I was beaten black and blue all the time, in front of friends, in public and at a point I felt, you know what I am not worthy enough, there is nothing about me that is nice, nobody loves me but I hid this from my family.

“I felt like a loser, so it was hard for me to focus. One day I woke up and said I am going to change my story and I dumped that person, focus on my education and decided to be serious and be something. I decided to get a job and go to school full time in America.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/25/lola-omotayo-okoye-recounts-how-she-was-molested-by-priest-beaten-daily-by-ex-lover/

lalasticlala

Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Airforce1(m): 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sorry about that
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by politricks: 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
All these priest in sheeps clothing. Many of our ladies has fall prey to them.
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Daniel058(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Even if she lured the priest into the act... LADIES and their confused ways of life!!
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by fhelihx(m): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Eyah undecided
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by naijaboiy: 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
So a guy beat this kyn fine lady? shocked
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by naijaboiy: 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Daniel058:
Even if she lured the priest into the act... LADIES and their confused ways of life!!
You are way smarter than this. sad

3 Likes

Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by iykofias(m): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Na everyday she dey talk ds story, even on christmas day wey b holiday?
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm glad Mr Peter Okoye came in and changed this story.
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by danbrowndmf(m): 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
So a guy beat this kyn fine lady? shocked
bros 4gt fine oh some of these girls na real temptation & it takes a very patient man to deal with them...i no fit 4get the 8slaps i chop few months ago...if i was not patient....smh

1 Like

Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by scampy(m): 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
danbrowndmf:
bros 4gt fine oh some of these girls na real temptation & it takes a very patient man to deal with them...i no fit 4get the 8slaps i chop few months ago...if i was not patient....smh

8 slaps? u no dey see d hand as e dey fly com abi pesin close or eyes ni?
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by danbrowndmf(m): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2015
scampy:

8 slaps? u no dey see d hand as e dey fly com abi pesin close or eyes ni?
i dy try to hold her hand she go dodge am..as she dodge am na to land another one for ma face till e reach 8slaps..sad
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2015
shocked
danbrowndmf:
i dy try to hold her hand she go dodge am..as she dodge am na to land another one for ma face till e reach 8slaps..sad
wetin u do her na??
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by superken(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
So Sad!..she is astrong woman..

she wept tho

Read more here :
http://www.042express.com/2015/12/lola-omotayo-okoye-recounts-how-she-was.html
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by danbrowndmf(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Omavik:
shocked wetin u do her na??
jesu.where have you been?.
Na very very jealous person...
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by scampy(m): 8:22am On Dec 26, 2015
danbrowndmf:

8 slaps is just to much for any guy to take but e good as u dey patient enof not to do d unthinkable. If to say na som guys na hospital she go do ha new year.
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by danbrowndmf(m): 8:52am On Dec 26, 2015
scampy:

8 slaps is just to much for any guy to take but e good as u dey patient enof not to do d unthinkable. If to say na som guys na hospital she go do ha new year.
But that was how everything ended sha...
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
danbrowndmf:
jesu.where have you been?. Na very very jealous person...
I've been around o..
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by danbrowndmf(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Omavik:
I've been around o..
happy xmas o.
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
danbrowndmf:
happy xmas o.
Same to u o
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by scampy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
E good like that Bro.
Re: Lola Omotayo-okoye Recounts How She Was Molested By Priest, Beaten By Ex-lover by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wow! Mehn that's huge
No wonder she hardly smiles in pics
Some guys are something else .. Wow! She's indeed a tough cookie.
Thank God her life has changed.

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Comedian, Craze Clown Unveiled As Nairabet Ambassador / See The Tribal Mark Given To This New Born Baby! -pictured / C.Ronaldo Warns Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez’s Male Friend To ‘be Careful'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.