Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. (2422 Views)

Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry / Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Pregnancy Controversies / Tagbo: Who Is Telling The Truth, Davido Or Police? Davido's Many Controversies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
The year 2015 has been an amazing year, and our celebrities didn't hesitate to entertain us with major controversies. Checkout my Top 10 controversies of 2015. Do you agree with the list?
Feel free to add yours.

10)Ubi Franklin/Emma Nyra/ Lilian Esoro's saga :Emma denied dating Ubi or Iyanya in an interview. Howerever, Ubi had something different to say, he said his relationship with Emma wasn't easy on him, he also claimed he spent several millions shooting her videos _Emma debunked these facts, calling Ubi a physical abuser (the reason for her first exit from TripleMG. Ubi moved on to Lilian Esoro, though they had their own share of challenges, they are now married. They thrilled us with several engagement/traditional/pre-wedding/court and white wedding pictures.

9)Mercy Johnson births baby No3 :I don't know if this should be here, but news of her pregnancy definitely surprised everyone considering the fact that her second child wasn't up to a year then. While some of us were indifferent, some happily supported her automated child bearing move_ others felt she should take it easy. The actress is currently blessed with three kids, 2girls and a boy.

coolDavido and Babymama :News broke out that Davido of HKN Gang pregnanted his older lover Sophie Momodu. Davido's management acknowledged the pregnancy but denied paternity, saying it was all rumours. Sophie gave birth to a baby girl (Imade Adeleke), there is obviously no need for a DNA_ she shares so much resemblance with the musician.

7)Tonto Dike weds Mr X :We all know how controversial actress Tonto Dike kept flaunting Mr X, not his face though... his fingers and side view ...lols. Allegations that he was married to another woman arose, this didn't hold water as Churchill (Mr X) was said to be legally separated from the woman. Tonto and Mr X had a low key wedding, she is allegedly pregnant.

6)Flavour and Babymamas :Flavour who welcomed a daughter with girlfriend, (former Miss Delta Soap) Sandra Okagbue went on to have another daughter with Anna Banner (Former MBGN). He has since been likened to our own 2face Idibia.
1 man, two beauty queens and two lovely daughters... okay kontinu.

5)Toke Makinwa's marriage scandal :The OAP who is popular for her everywhere you go attitude, relationship advices via her vlog, accent that we can't actually decipher which it is and dress sense made this list, courtesy her husband (Maje Ayida).
When news hit cyberspace that Toke's husband pregnanted his ex, some people claimed to expect it while some were shocked. Toke never addressed the issue (directly) despite several backlash...

4)Tiwa Savage refusal to show baby's face :The MAVIN first lady welcomed a baby boy with husband TBillz in the second half of 2015_ Nigerians were very happy for her. While we were waiting to see the baby boy, Tiwa had other plans. She decided to hoard his pics for reasons best known to her, fans came for her via various social media, some asked if she gave birth to one of the trinity, others said the baby has health/physical issues. She finally released his picture on the 25th of December, cute baby I must say.

3)Timaya's Rape Scandal :A certain lady based in Atlanta accused Timaya of raping her when he was in the state for a show. She posted evidences (munched chats and voice notes), which Timaya claimed were scripted. Timaya has since denied raping her, though he agreed "getting down" with her.

2)Skibii's Resurrection :The 5star Music act wasn't entirely known till he decided to play a Lazarus stunt on us. When a picture of him lying unconscious went viral, a famous blogger claimed to contact 5star's music manager (Soso Soberekon) and he confirmed Skibii's death. It didn't stop at the confirmation, he also posted a candle light pic on his instagram page depicting RIP.

Popular musicians (e.g) Davido, Wizkid, Tekno, Patoranking...took to their instagram pages to drop their RIP messages. All of a sudden Skibii resurrected, but Nigerians would have none of that.

1)Top Blogger Linda Ikeji acquires Multi-million Naira property :Linda Ikeji who is a famous Nigerian blogger shocked lots of people when she acquired a property in Banana Island. It reportedly cost her a whooping 600million Naira. Thanks to her sister _Laura Ikeji, we got to see several pictures of the house. She has been accused of being linked to corrupt politician (there hasn't been any formal statement on that so far), which she denied via her blog.

Notable mentions:-
- Dija's alleged traditional marriage
- Square Records Vs SoundCity
-Toyin Aimakhu's off and on marriage.

P:S : I came up with my own list after watching MTV's version.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by naijaboiy: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sugabelly scandal. cheesy

Dasukigate scandal cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Airforce1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
I didnt read all that

Too long.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by fhelihx(m): 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
Noted..
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by freshness2020: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
I was scandal free this year.. Its not Easy to be a celeb .. grin grin grin
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by naijaboiy: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
I just watched a program like this on MtvBase. cheesy

It was hosted by FALZ the BaHd guy. Some of the controversies listed here were also mentioned there. smiley
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by dechandel(f): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Am I allowed to list the scandals that rocked NL this year? grin grin
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
Airforce1:
I didnt read all that

Too long.

Baba, you suppose make this list na, with all those lamba weh you throweh for us through out 2015! Well, just upgrade am come 2016, no do skibii sha.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dasukigate
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
dechandel:

Just know that Viviangist sits on the Numero uno spot! You know say her sister die for protest.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Sommyangel(f): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sommy's engagement to adekunle gold tongue
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Airforce1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Baba, you suppose make this list na, with all those lamba weh you throweh for us through out 2015! Well, just upgrade am come 2016, no o skibii sha.
cheesy cheesy
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by naijaboiy: 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
dechandel:
Another thread for that please tongue
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sommyangel:
Sommy's engagement to adekunle gold tongue
nairaland girls will not die because of celebrity crunsh.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Michellla(f): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sommyangel:
Sommy's engagement to adekunle gold
dream on grin
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Just know that Viviangist sits on the Numero uno spot! You know say her sister die for protest.
that was just too scandalous,that is the height of desperation,why did Linda not send Laura to the biafra scene?
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
unibenstudent1:
that was just too scandalous,that is the height of desperation,why did Linda not send Laura to the biafra scene?

Lmao! Cos Vivian is trying to take blogging to BBC level of reporting.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I just watched a program like this on MtvBase. cheesy

It was hosted by FALZ the BaHd guy. Some of the controversies listed here were also mentioned there. smiley

3 actually. I don't think I quoted falz word for word Sir. It gave me the idea.
Thanks
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Lmao! Cos Vivian is trying to take blogging to BBC level of reporting.
well next time she should go herself,I am a blogger but not a desperate one,,who God will make great no man can stop.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Captain001(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie I dey find u since. Where u hide?
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by naijaboiy: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

3 actually. I don't think I quoted falz word for word Sir. It gave me the idea.
Thanks
Didn't say you did either. smiley
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Sommyangel(f): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Michellla:
dream on grin
lol,dey dia
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by LaurelP(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Most of these things are not in any way scandalous. They are just normal decisions people take concerning their lives.

Maybe the one of Skibii and Timaya's rape yes. Others no.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:

Didn't say you did either. smiley

Can't remember saying you said anything dear, just clarifying_ try to be explicit next time to avoid being misconstrued, not by me _ by others.

Please this isn't a whatsapp group, all "chit-chat" should be taken to your favourite section/ derailers paradise @ unibenstudent1, chanchit... to whom it may concern.

I am awesome @ captain001

LaurelP:
Most of these things are not in any way scandalous. They are just normal decisions people take concerning their lives.
Maybe the one of Skibii and Timaya's rape yes. Others no.
The thread reads "controversy" not "scandal". smiley
Controversy: a topic that sparks public discussion/argument due to conflicting views.
Scandal: another topic that also sparks public discussion 'cos it's believed to be immoral/illegal.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
unibenstudent1:
well next time she should go herself,I am a blogger but not a desperate one,,who God will make great no man can stop.

Well, I think I saw one of your threads asking what happened while you are away, this one is one of it. What actually happened was that she sent nobody to nowhere, she just saw the pix online then decided to adopt the dead lady as her sister.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
In my conc yoruba accent, I hagree.

3 & 2 were very very dicey. I'm glad they could pull through without having much negative impact on their career.

I didn't really follow the Toke Makinwa ish but I guess it must have been a horrible experience for her considering her vlog.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by dechandel(f): 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:

Another thread for that please tongue
Will you fight my battle when they come for my head? angry grin
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Well, I think I saw one of your threads asking what happened while you are away, this one is one of it. What actually happened was that she sent nobody to nowhere, she just saw the pix online then decided to adopt the dead lady as her sister.
well I admire her focus but she lie a lot...
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
unibenstudent1:
well I admire her focus but she lie a lot...

Viviangist, anywhere u dey, I don off my boxers again just to swing it in the air in twaileing your effort to the world of blogging eh!
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by dechandel(f): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
Chanchit:

I heard she did that to drive traffic to her blog angry
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by Chanchit: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
dechandel:
I heard she did that to drive traffic to her blog angry

Yh, I even join shake head for her dead sister, I was on my way to pay her a condolence visit before some group of nairaland CID's burst her bubble.
Re: My Top 10 Nigerian Entertainment Industry Controversies Of 2015. by unibenstudent1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
2016 is our year to blow ,can I hear a loud Amen?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor, Bolanle Ninalowo Finally Shows Off His Wife Of Many Years / Bracket Biography And Profile / List Of People That Own Beautiful And Massive Houses In Banana Island (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.