Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,902 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. (3974 Views)

How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / Help Unlock My Vodafone / How To Unlock Your Android Device Without Losing Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by nellytivities(f): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
Engineers in the house, please help urgently.
My Samsung Galaxy S6 wouldn't recognize my finger print and can't seem to remember my back up password.
I have tried to long on to my google account but the phone's mobile data is off and I can't put it or the wifi on because the phone is locked.
Please I don't want to lose my data. How can I unlock this phone without losing my data?
Is there a way?
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by hopeforcharles(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Plug it thru USB to a computer and copy the contents, then download software backup computer app like Dr Android then copy other stuffs.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by abatically(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
hopeforcharles:
Plug it thru USB to a computer and copy the contents, then download software backup computer app like Dr Android then copy other stuffs.

U can't access the content even if u plug into a computer, it will ask u to unlock the phonwbbwofre content can be accessed.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by abatically(m): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
U must have registered a Samsung acct when u first set up ur phone. Hopefully u still remember ur credentials. If u do, visit findmymobile.samsung.com and log in. Then click unlock my device. U should be able to change ur password from there. Good luck.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by nellytivities(f): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
abatically:
U must have registered a Samsung acct when u first set up ur phone. Hopefully u still remember ur credentials. If u do, visit findmymobile.samsung.com and log in. Then click unlock my device. U should be able to change ur password from there. Good luck.

I have tried that but it keeps saying my device is offline because my data is off and also wifi too.
The challenge here is that because the screen is locked, I can't switch on mobile data or wifi.
So the "find my phone " option isn't working.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by abatically(m): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
nellytivities:

I have tried that but it keeps saying my device is offline because my data is off and also wifi too.
The challenge here is that because the screen is locked, I can't switch on mobile data or wifi.
So the "find my phone " option isn't working.

Factory reset might be ur only option. Ur contacts should be synched with Google, music and apps can be redownloaded. The only thing u will lose are ur photos and if u are like me that back up photos with onedrive then no problem.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2015
abatically:

U can't access the content even if u plug into a computer, it will ask u to unlock the phonwbbwofre content can be accessed.
U sure? Because I am using an S5, I can access my phone memory thru my computer, so therefore copy the contents, there must be a way, as long as it's an Android phone, relax keep trying ur fingerprints wash ur hand make sure there is no scar, then try or do a Google. Gud luck J.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by abatically(m): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2015
hopeforcharles:

U sure? Because I am using an S5, I can access my phone memory thru my computer, so therefore copy the contents, there must be a way, as long as it's an Android phone, relax keep trying ur fingerprints wash ur hand make sure there is no scar, then try or do a Google. Gud luck J.

I repeat u can't access files on ur phone through pc while the device is locked. Those manufacturers are not mumu. If u can access content of the phone by just plugging it into the computer then that's a serious security leak because contents can easily be stolen that way. U go and try it again. Lock ur phone then plug it into ur computer, then see if u can access content of ur phone without unlocking it first.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by 100ksalescom(m): 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Theres no way round this you will definitely loose your data
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by bedfordng(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
hopeforcharles:

seems you are not getting the point. The phone is locked and if adb debugging is not turned on before it was locked, then it cannot be seen on the computer. With adb debugging turned on, the op would have tried using some of the adb trick to see if he can gain access to the gesture.key file and delete it.

In most cases, when an android device is connected to a computer and ready to sync, an option will show up on the phone asking if you want to leave the device in charge only, storage etc. Since its locked, you can't select such option.

The only way to unlock it without stress or lost of data is to go via custom recovery and i don't know if the phone stock recovery has been replaced with custom recovery like cwm, twrp etc. It would have been easy to get it unlocked via recovery.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by bedfordng(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
abatically:

I repeat u can't access files on ur phone through pc while the device is locked. Those manufacturers are not mumu. If u can access content of the phone by just plugging it into the computer then that's a serious security leak because contents can easily be stolen that way. U go and try it again. Lock ur phone then plug it into ur computer, then see if u can access content of ur phone without unlocking it first.
if the device has adb debugging turned on, then you can access files without stress. You can even pull and push files even when locked.

And if rooted, it makes it even easy to access files, although some tools will promt super users to be allowed and if locked, it can't be done.

This is one reason i often recommend android users to turn on adb debugging. The only option is to go through the back door, which is using custom recovery to gain access to the system path where the password and gesture keys are stored. Most recovery has file manager which makes it easy to get done.
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by abatically(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
bedfordng:
if the device has adb debugging turned on, then you can access files without stress. You can even pull and push files even when locked.

And if rooted, it makes it even easy to access files, although some tools will promt super users to be allowed and if locked, it can't be done.

This is one reason i often recommend android users to turn on adb debugging. The only option is to go through the back door, which is using custom recovery to gain access to the system path where the password and gesture keys are stored. Most recovery has file manager which makes it easy to get done.

By adb debugging do u mean USB debugging?
Re: Help!unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Without Losing Data. by bedfordng(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
abatically:

By adb debugging do u mean USB debugging?
yeah. If its turned on, he can try adb and fastboot trick

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 / 7 Reasons Why This Phone Is Cool And Affordable / What Is The Difference Between Infinix Hot 8 And Hot 8 Lite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.