Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari (1777 Views)

President Buhari To Fly To Gambia In A Bid To Persuade Jammeh / Governors In Abuja To Persuade Buhari To Share Excess Crude Funds / We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari By - Dec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by simtosul: 5:26am On Dec 26, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday
expressed his administration’s readiness to put
machinery in place to persuade the Boko Haram
sect that has been unleashing violence in some
parts of the country to embrace peace.

Buhari made the promise while playing host to a
delegation of residents of the Federal Capital
Territory which included the President of the
Senate, Bukola Saraki, who paid him Christmas
homage in his official residence at the
Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The promise came less than 24 hours after the
President claimed that the Federal Government
has “technically won the war” against the sect.
In an interview with the BBC, Buhari had claimed
that the militant group could no longer mount
“conventional attacks” against security forces or
population centres, adding that the militant group
had been reduced to fighting with improvised
explosives devices and remained a force only in
its heartland of Borno State.

But the President said on Friday that he would
use government institutions to persuade members
of the sect to allow peace to reign.
He, however, did not disclose the nature which
the persuasion would take and those who would
be involved.

“On Boko Haram, this government is determined
to make sure that we persuade them if they can
be persuaded, we will use government institutions
to persuade them to allow peace to reign,” he
said.

The President stressed the need for all Nigerians
to come together and pull the country out of the
problems that it has found itself.
He said while everybody in the world believes that
Nigeria is a lucky country because of its natural
resources, the country’s problem remains how to
organise its citizens and how to get the right
leadership in place.

He recalled that from the analysis of the All
Progressives Congress during campaign, the party
discovered that the country’s three biggest
problems are security, unemployment of youths
as well as bribery and corruption.
He noted that while the youth make up 65 per
cent of the country’s population, 65 per cent of
them are unemployed.

Buhari reiterated his position that there could not
be any development without security.
He said, “We appreciate that the security agencies
are doing their best and their best is showing and
we have to continue praying for them. There can
be no development without security; we have to
continue to pray for them.

“We have two million people who are Internally
Displaced Persons and 70 per cent are women
and 70 per cent of them are children, some of
them are orphans; they grew up not knowing their
parents, tradition or culture.

“As leaders, we have a weighty responsibility to
ensure that infrastructure for the orphans are
taken care of.
“As leaders, we wake with the feeling for those
children; the most important thing is that they
must not be denied education. Schools must be
rebuilt. We also thank Danjuma and the G7 led by
the United States. They have been doing their
best to help Nigeria train our military.”

Earlier, the Minister of the Federal Capital
Territory, Muhammadu Bello, who led the
delegation consisting of Christian and Islamic
leaders told the President that they were at the
Presidential Villa to wish him a merry Christmas.
Bello observed that the celebration of the birth of
Jesus Christ coming a day after the celebration
of the birth of Prophet Muhammed was a unique
message to adherents of the two religions to live
in peace.

www.punchng.com/well-persuade-boko-haram-to-embrace-peace-says-buhari-2/
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 5:29am On Dec 26, 2015
Boko Haram has no option than to submit to the collective resolve of the Nigerian state under the tactical and technical leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR.

It's a prophesy for the new year!
The either submit in peace or in pieces.
You can take my word to the bank kiss
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 5:34am On Dec 26, 2015
For those fighting unjust war, they should by now realise that GOD is real and is ONLY GOD. Be you Christians or Moslems, we all worship ONE God. Let us be our brothers and Sisters keepers. Do unto others what you want them to do to you. Nigerians, please let us all embrace PEACE. May GOD bless our land and us all.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by temitemi1(m): 5:36am On Dec 26, 2015
Buhari is boko haram!

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by eye4eye: 5:39am On Dec 26, 2015
temitemi1:
Buhari is boko haram!

Werey don't read the headline alone! Take your medicine before you hit the road this morning.

Jonathan once paid 10s of million dollars to these terrorist to embrace peace.

Boko Haram is the creation of some PDP members to create Defense Contract for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by RockMaxi: 5:46am On Dec 26, 2015

Embrace peace, how is he going to do that to a faceless terrorist group.

This rumour of the Dubai prostitute should remain a rumour.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2015
You mean the way US and Kenya has persuaded Al-quaeda & Al-shaabab to embraced peace or the way Syria & England has made ISIS(ISIL) to embrace peace?? Please & PLEASES, i don't wannna say Bubu is a dullard & most recent version of comedian..

Too Much Intake Or Consumption Of Unadulterated Cow Breast Milk Affects Human Thinking..

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by McPerry(f): 5:47am On Dec 26, 2015
shocked
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 26, 2015
Did I hear persuade? Wtfundecided
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Blessinzy(f): 5:52am On Dec 26, 2015
SirJeffry:
Did I hear persuade? Wtfundecided
i wonder o
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by fluffybaby(f): 6:13am On Dec 26, 2015
I cant shout.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by slap1(m): 6:14am On Dec 26, 2015
Boko Haram and amnesty should not be in the same sentence. You give them all the time in the world yet you were so impatient with the Shiites. Continue.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by pxdaniel(m): 6:25am On Dec 26, 2015
I can see that this man is suffering from chronic amnesia. When you were contesting the election, you vowed never to negotiate with Boko Haram and that they will be crushed within few months so why are you now saying this trash after his minister claimed that the war is largely won?

Boko haram are not interested in peace. Never! It won't work. He should provide the military with superior equipment, modern training and adequate motivation. Moreover, people do not trust the military because of their human rights record so he should look into this.

The money that would have been wasted in negotiating peace with those bastard.s should instead be used to provide succour to the IDPs and the socio-economic factors such as poverty, youth unemployment and poor education that enables Boko haram to thrive should be addressed.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Sibrah: 6:27am On Dec 26, 2015
Their camp will likely be bombed if they ever try it. You mean all those whose relatives have been killed will just watch them collect millions.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by uwa1(m): 6:29am On Dec 26, 2015
Sir, we need results.... U kip making different kinds and types of promises.... Sir, show us ur capability.... Same advice goes to 90% of ur officers with increased focus on Pa Lai Mohammed....
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Csami(m): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2015
I'm beginning to believe buhari is sympathetic to boko haram cause but we are watching sha.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 26, 2015
peace? why can't they run through BH just as they did with Shia sect?
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by BALLOSKI: 6:48am On Dec 26, 2015
He's tough-talking and 'tough-acting'.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by shammah1(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2015
Yet another promise... Bubu, kill all of them if you want us to take you serious
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by AceJam: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Csami:
I'm beginning to believe buhari is sympathetic to boko haram cause but we are watching sha.
BOMBSHELL! BOKO HARAM SECRET PEACE DEALS WITH FG EXPOSED!

This is coming by way of a 3rd party, I don't know if this is legit - but with the details shared it should be looked into: "Please publish this story because I have sacrificed my life for this story.
My name is XXXX XXXXXXXX but I go by the name Aisha Mohamed. I am a prostitute in the UAE. I own four petrol stations in Benin City and two hostels in one of the state universities in the SW of Nigeria. I was born in the north to a Fulani Mother and an Edo father. I am a graduate of University of Benin but I have made more money doing my business than I made working at the bank.
On the 19th of December 2015, a prominent Kaduna Businessman named XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX was with me in a hotel room in Dubai when someone close to EL Rufai, governor of Kaduna state called him. This man did not know that I can understand both Hausa and Arabic and I can also write these languages. So he was asking this man questions and he was counting money so he put it on speak out and I was listening. This is what their conversation looked like.
Man on the phone: Yes. We have negotiated peace with Boko Haram. The war is over.
Kaduna Man in Dubai: That is good. But at what cost? I have said it that the best strategy is to keep the fight going because once we begin to mix with these people and they begin to relax like the Niger Delta, then some more ugly stories will come out.
Man on the phone: Dont worry, its a big deal that was reached. The boys first said they want an Islamic Republic covering the whole of Nigeria but we offered them our current sharia region for now. So most of them will be put into power come 2019.
Kaduna Man in Dubai: Is that all?
Man on the phone: No. They want some favors from Govt. The gave the names of people who must die for them to completely give up.
Kaduna Man in Dubai: Who do they want dead.
Man on the Phone: This is big!!.
1. They want the Shittes wiped from Nigeria. They claim that the shittes are an impure brand of Islam and they want them all dead and all their homes destroyed and cleared out. They do not want one single Shia mosque standing in Nigeria.
2. They also want Former army chief Ihejirika dead. They want the govt to use whatever means necessary to do that. They claim he killed Boko Haram members.
3. They want Goodluck Jonathan arrested and killed. They claim he ordered the death of Boko Haram members.
4. The want Namadi Kanu radio guy captured and killed for insulting them.
5. They also want for their members to be helped to win elections in the north in 2019 so the gradual introduction of Sharia will commence.
Many things were said but if you can publish this, then next expose, I will tell you how they want to deal with the South later. I have run away from Dubai at the moment and I am hiding in one African country from where I sent you this message. Please, if I can sacrifice my life and wealth for this, I pray that you help.
I have written to many newspapers but they refused to publish my story until I come in person to Nigeria. They are afraid of Buhari. I know if I come into Nigeria, I am a dead person.
Spread the story, share it for all to see and I will write a very detailed expose on all that was said. Very very important information is yet to come out.
Thanks"
XXXXX
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Herald47: 7:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Persuade terrorists to embrace peace?notin person no fit hear for this naija.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by hopeforcharles(m): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2015
RockMaxi:

Embrace peace, how is he going to do that to a faceless terrorist group.

This rumour of the Dubai prostitute should remain a rumour.

Exactly what came to my mind, that Dubai prostitute.
When I saw the news on TVC I was like this is it, why persuade when u have promised to clear them, there is something seriously going on the background. But time will tell.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Ijaya123: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2015
They don't need to be persuaded. Crush them all, by fire by force.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Chibuzoc(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Now I understand, persuade BH to. Accept peace, shittes don't need peace, Nnamdi kanu is now the terrorist
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Soneh(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
which bokoharam? is it the supposedly already defeated bokoharam or the new one buhari has created
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2015
K
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by ednut1(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2015
Let dem embrace peace but still kill dem up peace ny foot
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Iroh88(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2015
From some of the posts above one can see the group of people that must have been hugely disappointed Nigerians didn't have a bloody Christmas yesterday.

All they desire to see is a thriving terrorist group that murders countless number of people in the country simply so they can insult the president whom they hate for no other reason but his defeat of their useless god.

Their worst nightmare would begin the day Boko Haram formally announce an end to their bloody campaign.

Nigeria will continue to grow from strength to strength in peace and the God of Abraham would continue to protect her from the evil intentions/prayers of those IPOD imps.
Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2015
New dimension by B00hary.

Why persuade those you claimed to have decimated ?

The Northern leaders should please tell their children to permanently stop the senseless killing, the president is now from your region. Congrats!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by francizy(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2015
Firefire:
New dimension by B00hary.

Why persuade those you claimed to have decimated ?

The Northern leaders should please tell their children to permanently stop the senseless killing, the president is now from your region. Congrats!

He would persuade terrorists Boko Haram, the Sunni Muslims, to embrace peace while trying to create another set of militant/terrorist group in the camp of the Shiite Muslims and in the South East?

I always knew all along that there wasn't really any fight between NA and BH. All we see from NA are just propaganda scripts played out to deceive the gullibles.

Let them continue playing with the lives of innocent people. Days of reckoning lies ahead..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by suxkill: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
A fight against BH is a fight against the north........ Bubu

Re: We’ll Persuade Boko Haram To Embrace Peace, Says Buhari by omowolewa: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2015
Ook

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deplorable Condition Of Saint Saviour Road Benin City. / Fuel price hike: FG, Labour meeting ends in a deadlock / What Does The Law Say About Government Freezing Fayose's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.