Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Implementation Of 2016 Budget, My Worry, Says Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implementation Of 2016 Budget, My Worry, Says Senate President (479 Views)

National grazing bill has expired, says senate / Buhari’s Budget Fails Integrity Test, Says Senate / I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Implementation Of 2016 Budget, My Worry, Says Senate President by prosperous13: 5:41am On Dec 26, 2015
SENATE President, Bukola Saraki, has said that
speedy passage of the 2016 budget was not a
problem but the ability of the executive to
implement it.
Speaking to State House correspondents on
Friday after joining President Muhammadu Buhari
to receive Christian residents of the Federal
Capital Territory (FCT) who paid him a Christmas
homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, he said
even though the document was good, the ability
of the bureaucracy to implement it was another
thing.
He said: "You know as we said, we are going to
work on the budget as quickly as possible. We
are conscious of its importance to Nigeria and we
are not going to waste time. As soon as we come
back (from break), we will get down to work and
do what we have to do.
"It is a good document, it has addressed the
major issues, 70 per cent capital and
infrastructure. The key issues now are really
implementation. We as the National Assembly will
ensure that we get our oversight right.
"By and large, as a document, it is a good
document and I am sure it will not have too much
difficulty passing through the National Assembly.
The key issue is implementation to ensure that
the bureaucracy does not kill the joy of the
implementation of the budget. We will do our
part."
While assuring that the budget would get the
necessary expedited attention in the Legislature,
Saraki was confident that the budget could
address various challenges facing the country.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/implementation-of-2016-budget-my-worry-says-senate-president
Re: Implementation Of 2016 Budget, My Worry, Says Senate President by ojoisaiah44: 5:49am On Dec 26, 2015
may God help the legistlature to do thimgs right, and not just embessle our money
Re: Implementation Of 2016 Budget, My Worry, Says Senate President by uwa1(m): 5:54am On Dec 26, 2015
The level of corruption in our legislative arm is really alarming... Now it seems the level of corruption in the legislative arm is more higher than that in the executive arm...... But the problem is... That corruption virus has started eating deep into our judicial arm.... This is our nightmare.... The situation where all arms are corrupt, who then will uphold the law and protect the oppressed in our Country..

(1) (Reply)

Obama's Global Jihad And Defense Of The Indefensible / Biafra Obasanjo Blast Fayose & Femi Fani-kayode On WwwThisGlobecom / Has Anyone Bought Fuel For The New N86.50 Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.