Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! (637 Views)

Is It Healthy To Have Nigeria Celebrities As Role Models?? / 21 Nigerian Celebrities As Secondary School Students / 21 Nigerian Celebrities As Secondary School Student.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2015
Shoki, ske ske robo ske, show me the money, abasha, eyin omo wobe......... These are the appalling and insaneous words, languages and abysmal bed-rock foundations of the developing children in the society we are presently. I can't help but wonder; How have we got ourselves into such a mess??

The future of the innocent youths and nascent glories of this generation is in great comatose, their hopes have been raped and sabotaged, their pliable minds have been sold to the stings and by-products of the erratic and complete mediocrity of out so-called celebrities. I ask myself; what are we celebrating??

Callow and naïve, these little ones are oblivious of the challenges ahead, they have imbibed the crass informations and learning, their future has been compromised through the nasty and fatuous songs they listen to on air.

In a moment I felt tasty and needed to satiate myself with water on a cool sunday morning, so I decided to locate a shop to buy some sachets of water, what I saw was sternly disturbing! Sadly, I was spellbound by the music I heard the little kids sung on a peaceful sunday morning. With a drumstick hitting and smashing a jerry-can of water, a host of choir filled with potential future leaders of tomorrow arranged in an orderly manner. The leader, looking so innocent, gave the intro, "eyin omo wobe", the voices of the back-up echoed, "wobe"........ These little kids fully performed this song off by heart and I wondered what was left in their brains.
Immediately they finished, they noticed I was patiently standing by their side. In an attempt to quell any suspicion, I quickly dusted off the sad grimace on my face in order to douse any fear it might portends. After that, I humbly asked them a simple mathematical question and I wasn't surprised that none of them was able to answer the question correctly. I wept in my heart and imagined, "what does the future holds for these ill-influenced children?"

What are the positive impacts and influence the songs, videos and performances of our so-called celebrities have on this present generation?? Is it how to make money unjustly? How to forensically discover and lust for the privates of opposite sexes? How a child could become a don juan? I just can't wrap my head around it.

What are we celebrating? Looking for a good music nowadays is like looking for a lamb in the midst of lions! Even if there is, would it survive? Or be played on air? For God's sake the climax of entertainment could be reached without a show of stupidity!

I weep for this generation! I forsee a future where a drug-lord, twit, goon, tout, an internet fraudster etc will openly contest for an official position without having even the smallest iota of compuction. It is a common belief that the environment in which one finds oneself could actuate and increase the propensity in which one behaves.

The impact of our venal celebrities is completely off-key to the positive up-bringing of the little ones in present day society. Being rich and famous is not an apogee of a successfully filled life especially if it is at the detriment of the future leaders and generations!

Its high time we stopped this malignancy!
Stop writing guffs!
Sing better songs!
Be impactful!
Save our future leaders!
For the love of Nigeria!

Omoniyi Neyo.

Lalacticlala, Seun, farano, missyB, fynestboi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 26, 2015
I support your view. Most of the 9ja songs are ntn but trash.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! by superken(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2015
grin
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Celebrities As We Enter Into A New Year! by kingjosephat(m): 8:19am On Dec 26, 2015
U are right Bro, but I thought we have a censored board, NBC and hosts of others who should urgently look in to that. Because it's so alarming the kind of songs our so called celebrities releases now adays

(1) (Reply)

Seun Pulls Knife On Bloggers - PICTURE / Rukky Sanda Stuns In Red Thigh High Slit Dress / Help Nairaland Ladies !! Help a brother decide :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.