Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths (1286 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3 / Edo Redeemed Church Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by FreshGreen: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2015
THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becomes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling with entertainment choir of today. Then companies were writing the church for employment because of the faithfulness and diligence of their members. I would not have joined them because of their standard of holiness since I was not saved then. That was the RCCG I knew when I was in Ilesha, Osun state in 1989 to early 90s.

But today, RCCG is more popular, richer and everywhere, in fact, they are proud of their parishes in every corner of Nigeria and many other countries, they are the fastest and still growing church, beautiful auditoriums everywhere. In Abuja here where I live, RCCG is like the richest church. But where are their godly virtues of old? They have exchanged their spiritual riches for materials and financial riches, they boast of financial riches while they are spiritually miserable. I lived in Redemption camp for full 6 months in 2010, and with what I saw in the dept of RCCG - the corruption, sexual immorality, unfaithfulness, etc. among the core leaders to the least members, I can categorically say this church is spiritually poor. A church where a music director wanted to sleep with a sister choir before permitting her to sing praise and worship at the Holy Ghost night? And God cannot open the eyes of the GO to discern or detect sins among people close to him and rebuke it openly as Apostle Peter did in Acts chapter 5, the GO can only discern blessings and upcoming prosperity?

Why has RCCG changed to opposite of where they stood before? Or why did Pastor Adeboye changed the landmark God gave to Rev. Akindayomin, which he upheld till he died? And you, you who were saved and brought up in the old faith when you were young, in secondary school and university fellowships, now you have joined the modern church system and worldly dress and have abandoned your beginning, seeing it as old school?

The Bible standard has gone elsewhere because of crave for population. If you are a member, worker or leader in RCCG, how many messages or books of Rev. Akindayomin do you have or have you read or listen to? Maybe none! RCCG is the only church where materials and works of the immediate past GO is evacuated almost completely. As if the books and messages of their founder who also was the immediate past leader were totally removed. None of his books or messages are promoted or reprinted, at least for every member to have access to the teachings and messages of the founder of their church. This present GO and admins will never do that, you know why? Their lifestyles, prayers and preachings are opposite the messages and standard of Rev. Akindayomin, so they CAN NEVER PROMOTE THE MESSAGES OR BOOKS of Pa Akindayomin in their present spiritual condition. Do you know any church on earth where the messages and books of the church founder and immediate past General Overseer is completely eradicated from the same church with no trace? Only in RCCG.

If God should open the eyes of Pa Akindayomin in heaven to see the church he left on earth, he will be weeping now, so also heaven is weeping on RCCG. But you are celebrating RCCG as a successful church, popular and powerful even to Aso villa here in Abuja.

The case of Pa Akindayomin and Pastor Adeboye is like the case of David and Solomon in the Bible. David fought the good fight of Faith, so also did Pa Akindayomin - we know how Pa Akindayomin started and how he ended well. But Solomon did no fighting, rather he did many buildings, from building Temple of God, to his personal buildings, to several idols, even to Chemosh - incessant building project is one of the signs of backsliding in any church. Solomon had many things, many wives, many riches, etc. just as there are many buildings and many members today in RCCG.

You must be happy of being a member or pastor of RCCG, especially if you did not witness the RCCG of old; because there is freedom, prosperity and promises and better life. No stress of holiness, no discipline of indecent dress, no restitution, everything is bureaucracy, and as long you can comply with the rules and regulations, you have no limit. But that will lead to where?

This is not the covenant church God used His servant Rev. Akindayomin to found, this is not the same church I knew in 1990, this is not the church of the Bible. Today, I will find it hard to join RCCG, not because of their high standard of holiness again, but because of their low and poor standard of holiness.

You can be very zealous to condemn this article, to choose to defend your GO rather than defending the truth. If you were not in RCCG about 20 years ago, then you may lack understanding of the beginning of RCCG, go and ask the elders who witnessed the beginning and strength of RCCG as a true covenant church of undiluted truth and holiness of heavenly minded church.

If you know where God began with you, where God was pleased with you that He made COVENANT with you, then that may help you to know where you have missed it along the way, and where you need to trace you way back. God is waiting for you at the point He made covenant with you, and same thing with Pastor Adeboye and RCCG as a whole. Go back to the old faith, the narrow old path of FEW serious minded, and stop defending this broad MULTITUDE, MANY faulty modern way before it is too late. The Rapture of the saints is imminent!

" Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’— and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.Therefore be zealous and repent." Revelation 3:17-19

Gideon Akande

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by DebbyChris(f): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmmmmmm......... Make I hold mouth

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2015
This is wow and wow....great eye opening article...

But the truth is the problem is not only in redeemed,its all over the churches....most churches have lost the mandate God gave them

All we can do is seek God individually,read and digest his words and live in his words....

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by Trizyd(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2015
Sir, your article is good, i'm not from RCCG, buh i think you are over the line. Bible says we should not judge. I'm not saying the Church is perfect, buh WE are getting there. If you have concerns, you should express it to God. Please The G.O is a man of God, please be cautious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by Jazzlite: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2015
who is this rabble rouser?
Are you promoting Christ or Pa Akindayomi?

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by xender(m): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
I muss commend this write up ...its not easy writing stuffs like this bhu...channel this 2 his Facebook page
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by JohnEazy(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmm..do u knw dat there may be jihad going on in nairaland..try checking d islam section
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by hopeforcharles(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jazzlite:
See this one, he is saying the truth u are here mis yarnin, They better retrace their steps to God or lose the testimony and influence both here in the world and heaven
I use to be a full member of the RCCG.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by 4reala(m): 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
hopeforcharles:

See this one, he is saying the truth u are here mis yarnin, They better retrace their steps to God or lose the testimony and influence both here in the world and heaven
I use to be a full member of the RCCG.
then wat happened
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by dan6019(m): 12:15am On Dec 27, 2015
I am sure you (the poster) are nursing an offence and bitterness as a result of what is known to you and your maker. My heart cry to God is that He should please have mercy on you.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by tonytony208(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
Trizyd:
Sir, your article is good, i'm not from RCCG, buh i think you are over the line. Bible says we should not judge. I'm not saying the Church is perfect, buh WE are getting there. If you have concerns, you should express it to God. Please The G.O is a man of God, please be cautious.

It is clear you have not read in your bible where paul challenged peter for being a hypocrite. Challenging a man of God towards righteousness is not judging. For you information sir, we are not getting there; we are actually getting farther from there. We were perfect before, but we have lost focus and keep on losing focus further and further, day by day. Things are so bad that it has become very difficult to even trust any prophet, who claims to be receiving message from God.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by tonytony208(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
dan6019:
I am sure you (the poster) are nursing an offence and bitterness as a result of what is known to you and your maker. My heart cry to God is that He should please have mercy on you.

I think you are the one who should go back to your church and find out about the truth before commenting. I am a living witness of the decay in the RCCG. My brother is a pastor in the church and I can still remember how his area pastor used church politics to post him out of his parish to a remote location so that the area pastor could bring his preferred pastor to the church where my brother was initially pastoring, just because the church was more prosperous and it is in the city center. Additionally, you need to pray to God to open your eyes from church politics blindness, so that you will not be counted among modern day pharisees, who see the truth but choose to live in lies because it is more convenient for them.

God allowed pentecostalism to prosper just because the catholic church failed in some of her duties of preaching the gospel. But now, the Pentecostal churches are doing exactly what made God to punish the catholic church and you people are even doing worse than the Catholic church. You people better be careful.

2 Likes

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by tonytony208(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jazzlite:

Hmmmmmm...."rabble rouser". I remember this was the exact name the pharisees called Jesus Christ. Now RCCG members too have started.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by Jazzlite: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
tonytony208:

Hmmmmmm...."rabble rouser". I remember this was the exact name the pharisees called Jesus Christ. Now RCCG members too have started.
Anglican in here bro.... If the op has a true message for Pastor Adeboye he should seek him in his office. He's not difficult to see. Am an outspoken xtian .... Especially when what I believe in is Bible backed. I don't criticize on a faceless platform, especially where my intentions can be misinterpreted.... I go to where my biz is.

1 Like

Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by dsquare33: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
It is so obvious that the Op is biased in his allegations against Pastor E.A Adeboye.So you are telling me that after Pa Akindayomi died God has not been using the GO, so you think he is the one that gave the order for Pa Akindayomi's messages not to be sold again. Your write up is similar to that of John the baptist while in prison,send his discples to ask Jesus if He was the one or they should expect another, and what was Jesus response to him, He said the blind see, the deaf hear and blessed is the man who is not offended because of Him. By His Grace God will continue to uphold and use Enoch Adejare Adeboye till he is called to glory.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by waldigit: 3:45am On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=FreshGreen post=41352742]THE REDEEMED CHURCH AND GOD ON OPPOSITE PATHS

A proverb in Nigeria says, "When a plantain is spoiling, we say no, it is only ripping well" An unripe plantain is rich and contains several nutrients, and when it begins to ripe, it looses its nutrients and could cause health damages, but then it becmes finer, and sweeter; it becomes more presentable and attractive. The same thing is applicable with RCCG and many churches today. But the focus is on RCCG here. The founder of this church, Rev. Akindayomin, a man of holiness and righteousness, God called him and gave him a covenant church, that is Redeemed Christian Church of God - RCCG.

Then the church was unpopular because of its strict stand on holiness and righteousness. They were called "Gospel church" those who preached holiness and stood for it. They were not after materials stuffs, their sisters dressed godly, not flamboyantly, all of them were content with little and sharing with all.When their choir ministered, people bowed their heads in sober mood by the heavenly touch of the singing ministration, not like the jumping, shouting and crazy yelling /quote

your article is well articulated. I am a member of RCCG. What you observed about the church is also a concern for the church. They are all signs of perillious times. This does not mean the church is on wrong path with God.
It has been there with starting with Jesus ministry, remember Judas. Be rest assured that leadership of the church is leaving no stone untuned to control this. It was also observed in the early church days remember Dema, Annaniah etc.
Out of twelve we have 1 judas, you can divide the RCCG population today with twelve, the result will be what you observed.
If you have ever attented minister and workers meeting at the camp you will appreciate what I am saying. Shalom.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by sobmos(m): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2015
Trizyd:
Some don follow dem, dem close their eyes. Dem close am pipipi...Fela. You fall into that category.
Re: The Redeemed Church And God On Parallel Paths by sobmos(m): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2015
RCCG is a money making Venture,headed by a fake pastoreneur. He even refused to stepdown after attaining the age of 70,the stipulated age to resign in RCCG. A man of "God" that does not follow the Rule laid down.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Tried To Kill Me- Stephanie Otobo / Richard Dawkins Reveals Why Islam Is "The Most Evil Religion In The World." / See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.