Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,708 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD (14401 Views)

Marriages Failing For Lack Of Knowledge About Sex – Ify-asia Chiemeziem, Sexpert / Graphic Photos: Professors, Students Perish In Twin Bomb Blast At Unimaid / Unilag Shut Down Over Students Protest For Lack Of Water And Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by harristo(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I saw this article and feel it is worth sharing.

The passengers are the citizens of Nigeria. Despite the obvious threats to our country by the driver (political elites), we remain silent, suffering and smiling. Sometimes we take it a step further by fighting for this political elites on the basis of tribalism, religion, region etc.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/the-people-perish-for-lack-of-knowledge/

Na this one dey tire me pass for Nigerians, very annoying to watch, especially on Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You'll bé amazed how people are so careless and gullible. They prefer to incure bodily injury than just a simple safety (common sence) precaution and avoidable danger. Pls keep looking out for this kind of situations. You have safe lives. You are a Nation Biulder. Welcome to the club!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Kk4(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
Insightful

Only if only more Nigerians would stand up to BS
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by nitt: 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
dunkem21:
grin Tales by moonlight ..

The driver is simply being proactive with this acute fuel scarcity since the history of Nigeria ..

I know many families that travelled with Fuel in their booth this yuletide ..

I saw the mumu that wrote this trash buying black market for his 'I better pass my neighbour in Kubwa.

Shut it, pls!
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
People don't speak up because they don't want to be made the scape goat. Only if those around can support people who speak up, then no wahala. But it seems everyone just wants to play safe. Life in Nigeria is purely politics.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by musicwriter(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
That motor park scenario is only an ideal situation to corroborate his experience.

The article didn't take tribalism into account. Take for example; Nnamdi Kanu's case.

Despite whether what he is calling for is right or wrong, but the courts has granted him bail twice.

1. Why are our brothers and human rights lawyers in the South West not calling for his release from detention?.
2. Why are our Northern brothers not calling for his immediate release from detention?.
3. Why are human right lawyers from other parts of the country quiet about his unlawful detention?.

Do you get my point?. Ethnicity and tribalism means that it's the responsibility of Igbo's to free their brother.

Nigeria is not one country!.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fuel and dollar scarcity don hit those bastards terrorists
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by shuggah(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
dunkem21:

The driver is simply being proactive with this acute fuel scarcity since the history of Nigeria ..

I saw the mumu that wrote this trash buying black market for his 'I better pass my neighbour in Kubwa.
you are a driver
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by referandum(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
the comparision is exact; one thing we Nigerians (passengers) forget is we are the one who contribute to pay "the piper" and to a large extent we control the music. if we raise up and say NO things would change to a large extent. The records are clear as far back as the Aba women's riot that we all have a a say.**But the problem is who wants to be that one 'passenger' that would first voice his displeasure

1 Like

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I concur with your safety attitude in the bus but do you know that it's also risky carrying fuel in gallons(for use with Generators). In some countries you will obtain a permit to buy gas(fuel) in jerry cans or to store the fuel. If you are seen with cans(petrol) in the said environs without permit, you will be fined/persecuted

So sometimes in Nigeria you can't dodge all, because the system is down, once the system is fixed, it is easier to do the right thing and stand on it, others will follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Start a group na let us join so that we can fight for our rights together
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by diegwu01: 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
I just saw another thread where someone posted DPR reps in all major cities,
Heaven wont fall if you pick up your phone and report an erring filling Station,
but lo, the entire thread reeks of Pessimism and a million reasons from Nairalanders why they wouldnt report any Filling
station.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by nosypat(m): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
dunkem21:

I don't get why you are calling the writer a mumu. I really don't get. What is wrong with you? If you don't agree with someone must you insult them? And is the purchase of fuel the point of the article? Haba. Haba.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by olutunde12(m): 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
harristo:

Na this one dey tire me pass for Nigerians, very annoying to watch, especially on Nairaland.

When i saw this post, i believed this pastor will be condemned by his message. I went through his posts and confirmed that he is pro-buhari to the core. Any one who preaches this, will be objective and dont take sides. APC goon, he is. Meanwhile SEUN thank you for the opportunity to dig into people's past to know what they really are beside their deceitful posts.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by TRUENORTHERNER: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
dunkem21:

I don't know wen Nigeria will get beta with people like u wielding negative perception at d expense of constructive analogies. d OP contributed in his small way, n probably saved us a negative headline on punch newspaper ds Xmas. do ur own bit and stop trying to demonize him.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by professore(m): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
This is very sound and reasonable
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by busolakun(m): 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
dunkem21:

See ur life. See ur comment, u lack knowledge. What a beautiful writeup.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by matrix600(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Afam4eva:
People don't speak up because they don't want to be made the scape goat. Only if those around can support people who speak up, then no wahala. But it seems everyone just wants to play safe. Life in Nigeria is purely politics.
Our problem- we lack patriotism, nobody wants to go all out to risk their lives to challenge the corrupt system we find ourselves in. We need the spirit of patriotism, the responsibility of turning this country around for the better falls on every single youth. I'm pleading to all nigerian youths, lets drop our differences and put our voices together. We all need to be patriots so our children will not label us cowards. We are the only ones that can save this generation because we are in it.

1 Like

Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by mikolo80: 2:18am On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

when the old men die for it is appointed for all men, no be youth dia immediate family be. one way or the other it must reach our turn as its already happening. it's not about old or young but about class warfare, rich versus poor
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by mikolo80: 2:19am On Dec 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
Top notch article.
yep, as per na you go Amazon prime the fuel them go use when dem reach lokoja Ko?
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Rainmaker69(m): 3:43am On Dec 27, 2015
I endorse this message.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by olaideeeedris(m): 5:35am On Dec 27, 2015
I love this perspective. I think this write up is a wake up call for every Nigerian youth. Enough of 'putting old wines in new bottles'. This is what we all as youths should come together and fight against. Our future that was talked about yesteryears is here today... Take ur future else it will become a mirage... Nice one Tonye.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by stalyf(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2015
olaideeeedris:
I love this perspective. I think this write up is a wake up call for every Nigerian youth. Enough of 'putting old wines in new bottles'. This is what we all as youths should come together and fight against. Our future that was talked about yesteryears is here today... Take ur future else it will become a mirage... Nice one Tonye.

I agree with you
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Easier said than done. May God help us in this country Nigeria.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by gemale(m): 11:46am On Dec 27, 2015
dunkem21:

Surely d voice of an esau who sold his birthright 4 a mess of pottage speaking.
Re: The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD by gemale(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2015
God bless d op dt posted dis. It seems sensible NLers r posting 2day. It's time we as a people strip ourselves of our cowardly mindset of siddon luk & speak & act d truth even when it's nt in our favor. Dts d only way we can advance in dis country. We need 2 also stop d prevalent herd mentality we Nigerians exhibit & begin 2 seriously put on our thnkn caps 2 brainstorm our way outta our gigantic problems.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Lessons 2018 Taught You? / Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture / What Has 2020 Taught You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.