Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,792 members, 7,851,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) (62644 Views)

Brave Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On A Military Post In Borno. Photo / Kai Jehoshaphat, A Soldier Killed In Niger-Delta (pictured) / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by KDULAR: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
your statements and figures are inaccurate is wrong, not all generals even in the advanced countries have your quoted number of soldiers or field appointments. Not all officers at their corresponding ranks at any point in time are commands brigades ships, deployed to battalions, squadrons flights companies, groups, and operations units. Some at such times will be at the head quarters or non operational formations which does not require the numbers of personnel you allude to. Also the number of men deployed in any formation is dependent on the type of operations, you cannot have the same personnel deployment in an engineering and as in infantry unit. . Furthermore, the senior officers you so much unfruitful tried to rubbish had one time or the order in their lives must have been involved in one ops or the other in their lives.
From Major , Squadron leader or Lieutenant Commander as the case may be are the think tank and policy makers of all armed forces and are not necessarily promoted and deployed based on operations or command openings. This fact is more evident as officers from the rank of captain equivalent goes for Command and Staff training ( this is the norm in all armed forces) training for which is to prep them for staff duties amongst others. Thus for you to talk half informed is really disturbing and it would be unfortunate if you are informed but still spewed out the inaccuracies.
You may not be far from the fact that more in terms of due regard should be given to officers and men by the system also more enlistment drafting and commissioning is needed in the Armed Forces. Still, it is a fact that safe for generals, any officer of lower ranks are within the killing range of an adversary sniper.
May the fallen senior officer rest in peace. He was indeed a gentle man officer and a good instructor at the Command and Staff College.
j1mmy:

People like you and your docile african mindset are the reasons places like that will not progress. Even when you are confronted with stark reality you mentality will never allow you to think rationally.

The NDA in Kaduna produces between 87-178 officers every single year for the last few decades - most are a scam for money and children of politicians and general! A few are for other African countries.

The Nigerian military is about 167,000 strong
There should be about 70 soldiers for even Lt or 2nd Lt
There should be about 160 soldiers for every Captain
There should be about 220 soldiers for every Major
There should be about 800 soldiers for every Lt Colonel or colonel
There should be about 1400 soldiers for every Brig or Maj general

Nigeria has about 87 Maj general, AVM and Rear Admiral
About 122 Brig Gen, Commodore and Air commodore
about 400 Colonels, Group Capt and Navy Capt.

The NDA regular combatants are promoted by course mates not by merit and appointment availability.
If you promote 87 colonels to Brig general you have no jobs for them but to create yeye positions and slots.

Majors and and Lt Colonels in Nigerian military end up commanding a small number of troops and can be seen manning checkpoints and directly going into battle.

Go and check how many Nigerian senior officers are retired without ever doing anything other than desk jobs and harasing civilians.
Go and check what percentage of Nigeria's budget goes for paying pensions to officers Nigerian military never needed in the first place!

Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by rhames(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
chimere66:
So sad!Pictured above is Lt. Colonel Hakeem O Salami,another fallen hero killed by Boko Haram insurgents.Hakeem is an alumni of Kaduna Capital School who was popularly called 'Super Fly' in his school days.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen

Source: http://trezzy2..com/2015/12/another-fallen-herolt-colonel-hakeem.html

Hakeem was a friend and a confidant.He was a star in a constellation and a man of integrity. He was an officer and a gentleman. He was a friend.

We both attended and graduated on the same day from Nawair Ud Deen Society Arabic School in October 1986. I will never forget his personal photograph which I still have till today. Back then he was one of reserved ones in class. He lost his father at a young age and that was tough for him but he trudged on to achieve much in life.

At his commissioning as an officer in 1998, I was one of those who praised his achievements then. On many occassions when we crossed paths, we shared our pains and gains as brothers.

Unfortunately this is the end of the journey for him.He died in the service of our dear country Nigeria.

May Allah have mercy on his soul, grant him peaceful rest in his grave and grant him Paradise. May Allah grant his entire family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Adieu Hakeem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by unaneversee: 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
lordchiz:

U are a fool.....d biggest I hv ever seen! May God 4giv u
same to you
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by unaneversee: 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
back2sender:
Why u dey call my name
oh bros, no vex
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by unaneversee: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
mykl01:

Weldone o undecided Take your brain back. It's here----->\_/
same to you
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by j1mmy: 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
KDULAR:
your statements and figures are inaccurate is wrong, not all generals even in the advanced countries have your quoted number of soldiers or feild appointmens. Not all officers at their coresponding ranks at any point in time are coomands brigades ships, deployed to battalions, squadrons flights companies, groups, and operations units. Some at such times will be at the head quarters or non operational formations which does not require the numbers of personnel you allude to. Furthermore, the senior officerd you so much unfruitfully tried to rubbish had one time or the order in their lives must have been involved in one ops or the other in their lives.
From Major , Squadron leader or Lieutenant Commander as the case may be are not the think tank and policy makers of all armed forces and are not necessarily promoted and deployed based on operations or command openings. This fact is more evident as officers from the rank of captain equivalent goes for Command and Staff training ( this is the norm in all armed forces) training for which is to prep them for staff duties amongst others. Thus for you to talk half informed is really disturbing and it would be unfortunate if you are informed but still spewed out the inaccuracies.
You may not be far from the fact that more in terms of due regard should be given to officers and men by the system also more enlistment drafting and commissioning is needed in the Armed Forces. Still, it is a fact that safe for generals, any officer of lower ranks is in the killing range of a snipper shot of an adversary.
May the fallen senior officer rest in peace. He was indeed a gentle man officer and a good instructor at the Command and Staff College.

You don't know a thing about what you are talking about, you must be naive!

The practice of promoting Nigerian military officers for the sake of course mates "time don reach" have been one of the things the military has grabbled with for a long time, infact it was one of the policies Vatsa was working on prior to his death! The military has always said there are just too many officers and generals for the available staff and command positions in Nigerian's small military. My understanding is that Buhari has been made aware of it and is discussing it!

You cannot just promote people to the next rank in the military simply on the basis of years in current rank and just because they are NDA regulars!

I know Brigadiers and Maj Generals who are in positions meant for colonels...yeye names and titles just to man a desk while waiting for a standard field assignment or normal staff position to open.

The military is now fed up with creating positions just to fill promoted officers. The boko Haram issue has now revealed how very senior officers are marching into battle with sqauds and platoon of men meant for very junior officers.

For a Lt colonel to die in battle you would almost have to massacred his 700 men first or use a road side bomb on his convoy!
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by KDULAR: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
It is rather unfortunate of you to resort to name calling just to make point. I need not join issues with you, as much as I acknowledge that you may be right in some aspects of your write-up, you need to see some facts about what I wrote too rather than the usual university common room, beer parlour or puerile rant of " you don't a thing about what you are talking about" angry angry And for your info it is "grappled with" not "grabbled with".
If I'm wrong saying:
a. Not all generals colonels, lieutenant colonels, major are supposed to have your stated number of personnel under them
b. Staff appointments depending on the job does not require up to half as many personnel as operational appointments
c. Even in operational appointments, for example, you don't have the same number of personnel deployment in an engineering battalion and an infantry battalion.
d. A battalion commander is within the killing zone of an average sniper.
You may tell if what I said above are wrong but if they are not then you are wrong to have started with your statement. Note that saying your statement is puerile is not name calling. Be courteous if your are really educated but you may choose not too. Its a thing one is born and raised with and decide to imbibe.
j1mmy:

You don't know a thing about what you are talking about, you must be naive!

The practice of promoting Nigerian military officers for the sake of course mates "time don reach" have been one of the things the military has grabbled with for a long time, infact it was one of the policies Vatsa was working on prior to his death! The military has always said there are just too many officers and generals for the available staff and command positions in Nigerian's small military. My understanding is that Buhari has been made aware of it and is discussing it!

You cannot just promote people to the next rank in the military simply on the basis of years in current rank and just because they are NDA regulars!

I know Brigadiers and Maj Generals who are in positions meant for colonels...yeye names and titles just to man a desk while waiting for a standard field assignment or normal staff position to open.

The military is now fed up with creating positions just to fill promoted officers. The boko Haram issue has now revealed how very senior officers are marching into battle with sqauds and platoon of men meant for very junior officers.

For a Lt colonel to die in battle you would almost have to massacred his 700 men first or use a road side bomb on his convoy!

Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by j1mmy: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
KDULAR:
It is rather unfortunate of you to resort to name calling just to make point. I need not join issues with you, as much as I acknowledge that you may be right in some aspects of your write-up, you need to see some facts about what I wrote too rather than the usual university common room, beer parlour or puerile rant of " you don't a thing about what you are talking about" angry angry And for your info it is "grappled with" not "grabbled with".
If I'm wrong saying:
a. Not all generals colonels, lieutenant colonels, major are supposed to have your stated number of personnel under them
b. Staff appointments depending on the job does not require up to half as many personnel as operational appointments
c. Even in operational appointments, for example, you don't have the same number of personnel deployment in an engineering battalion and an infantry battalion.
d. A battalion commander is within the killing zone of an average sniper.
You may tell if what I said above are wrong but if they are not then you are wrong to have started with your statement. Note that saying your statement is puerile is not name calling. Be courteous if your are really educated but you may choose not too. Its a thing one is born and raised with and decide to imbibe.

Again, you are talking nonsense. If you are a trained military person you have wasted your training period! Unless of course you are in present day Nigerian military! That will make sense from your posts!

A battalion commander in Nigerian army is within the killing zone of an average sniper (of course because it is a rag tag army).

Most battalion commanders are in command posts well away from the forward operating positions, they retreat as their troops do if the need arises. A Battalion wall of operation surrounds the commander at all times and he only vertures out when his troops have secured certain areas and the field! His fighting troops are commanded by squad leaders, platoon leaders, company commanders, supported by staff officers and supply - most threats are handled on the basis of the size of the enemy.

The battalion commander may have engaged enemies as a platoon or company commander in his early days and as such is not usually in the frontline at a senior rank!

Not all Military officers have troops under their command and the size of formations depends on roles and missions but the Nigerian army is a military onto itself and packed with excessive number of officers and generals who were recruited based on corruption and nepotism.

Any sensible Nigerian military personnel will tell you that, and it has been told to me by people who are far more qualified and senior to you in the military and have served for decades!

If you don't know what you are talking about please do us all a favour and SHUT UP!
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by ROCK111: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Blyzz:
the crap couldn't spell chat. illiterate bitch
oloriburuku...teacher idiot
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by likila: 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Buhari is just sacricing southern soldier to boko haram juju.
last month he sacrifice 300 Warri soldiers to boko haram.

It is pity.
Salami was a man of peace.
a fine gentleman.
RIP
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
j1mmy:

People like you and your docile african mindset are the reasons places like that will not progress. Even when you are confronted with stark reality you mentality will never allow you to think rationally.

The NDA in Kaduna produces between 87-178 officers every single year for the last few decades - most are a scam for money and children of politicians and general! A few are for other African countries.

The Nigerian military is about 167,000 strong
There should be about 70 soldiers for even Lt or 2nd Lt
There should be about 160 soldiers for every Captain
There should be about 220 soldiers for every Major
There should be about 800 soldiers for every Lt Colonel or colonel
There should be about 1400 soldiers for every Brig or Maj general

Nigeria has about 87 Maj general, AVM and Rear Admiral
About 122 Brig Gen, Commodore and Air commodore
about 400 Colonels, Group Capt and Navy Capt.

The NDA regular combatants are promoted by course mates not by merit and appointment availability.
If you promote 87 colonels to Brig general you have no jobs for them but to create yeye positions and slots.

Majors and and Lt Colonels in Nigerian military end up commanding a small number of troops and can be seen manning checkpoints and directly going into battle.

Go and check how many Nigerian senior officers are retired without ever doing anything other than desk jobs and harasing civilians.
Go and check what percentage of Nigeria's budget goes for paying pensions to officers Nigerian military never needed in the first place!

You are just shooting hot air my brother.
Stick to what you know.
Nigeria doesn't have enough Officers or even Soldiers, even with the massive recruitment that happen almost 2x yearly. Do you know that each recruitment takes close to 4000 soldiers at a time?
You would have known that there are engineers, Doctors, lawyers, policemen, and all, not all would be in the front line.
Do you know what makes up a company, or even a platoon? Do you know who commands what strength?
With all due respect, just stick to what you know, it does no harm.
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by lukency(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
May the Almighty grant him Aljanatul-firdaus and his family fortitude to bear d irreplaceable lost.
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by j1mmy: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
mykl01:

You are just shooting hot air my brother.
Stick to what you know.
Nigeria doesn't have enough Officers or even Soldiers, even with the massive recruitment that happen almost 2x yearly. Do you know that each recruitment takes close to 4000 soldiers at a time?
You would have known that there are engineers, Doctors, lawyers, policemen, and all, not all would be in the front line.
Do you know what makes up a company, or even a platoon? Do you know who commands what strength?
With all due respect, just stick to what you know, it does no harm.

I don't think you have the 1st clue what I'm talking about, Lets analyse the nonsense you wrote.

1, Stick to what you know - For your information I bloody know! The question is do you? Clearly NOT!

2, Nigeria doesn't have enough Officers or even Soldiers - pal, true but the topic is about the number of current NCOs in proportion to officers and generals in the military!!!!!!!

3, Did you say "engineers, Doctors, lawyers, policemen" Oh really so only you know that We have military police, Med corp, Int and CID? joker!

4, The makeup of platoon or company? Are you for real!!!

I will not educate you further because from your daft comments you are illiterate and as such part of the problem!

Go play with scouts and boys brigade, I don't have time for simpletons!
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
ROCK111:
oloriburuku...teacher idiot
you really need a knock on your head, for correction. it don't get along with u! you're just looking for who to chat with! good bye, see u on 2016.....
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by KDULAR: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Let me quote you here, "(of course because it is a rag tag army). Most battalion commanders are in command posts well away from the forward operating positions, they retreat as their troops do if the need arises" My emphasis here on the "Most and not all". Secondly, I ask, couldn't the Battallion commander at times leave his HQ to do some assessment of the forward operation positions and at such times is he no vulnerable ?
If you are serving military personnel or know so much about the Nigerian military and you've been in forward operations as you projecting yourself and what could come out of you is to call your army "rag tag" then I will not be surprised at your uncouth, ill tempered, crassness and banality of your language. people like you only thrive in gutters and pigsty. Must you call names before you make your point ? This attitude is probably what is responsible for your frustration. If you know anything educate rather than rain insults.

Secondly if you'd know so much and you ve heard from those who have been in the military for decades, then you should realize that in the Nigeria Army presently, there are many formations that are not having the requisite number of officers and indeed soldiers. You may be right with the issue of generals I don't know but you cannot go making sweeping allegations of promotions and enlistments are based on nepotism. And if there is, how wide spread is it ?

The Army maybe ill equipped but I wouldn't call it rag tag, it is organized Im not in the army. The so called senior officers who have served for decades and opened up to you sweepingly berating the Army like you said ask them again what their contribution was towards changing what they complained about ? Their complain is a result of accumulation of their ineptitude and or complacency over the years.

You may be right in some aspects but you are not totally correct. You can't go on insulting people because you think you know something they don't know, you don't know them and they don't know you so why blow up. Besides it is honorable to thread that path except you are not one. From your tone your are an Army man Officer I guess and that is not you are supposed to be talking to people you have been well trained, except you are in a rag tag military or a mammy market ( mini market) officer.

Again, you are talking nonsense. If you are a trained military person you have wasted your training period! Unless of course you are in present day Nigerian military! That will make sense from your posts!

A battalion commander in Nigerian army is within the killing zone of an average sniper (of course because it is a rag tag army).

Most battalion commanders are in command posts well away from the forward operating positions, they retreat as their troops do if the need arises. A Battalion wall of operation surrounds the commander at all times and he only vertures out when his troops have secured certain areas and the field! His fighting troops are commanded by squad leaders, platoon leaders, company commanders, supported by staff officers and supply - most threats are handled on the basis of the size of the enemy.

The battalion commander may have engaged enemies as a platoon or company commander in his early days and as such is not usually in the frontline at a senior rank!

Not all Military officers have troops under their command and the size of formations depends on roles and missions but the Nigerian army is a military onto itself and packed with excessive number of officers and generals who were recruited based on corruption and nepotism.

Any sensible Nigerian military personnel will tell you that, and it has been told to me by people who are far more qualified and senior to you in the military and have served for decades!

If you don't know what you are talking about please do us all a favour and SHUT UP!

[/quote]
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by j1mmy: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
KDULAR:
Let me quote you here, "(of course because it is a rag tag army). Most battalion commanders are in command posts well away from the forward operating positions, they retreat as their troops do if the need arises" My emphasis here on the "Most and not all". Secondly, I ask, couldn't the Battallion commander at times leave his HQ to do some assessment of the forward operation positions and at such times is he no vulnerable ?
If you are serving military personnel or know so much about the Nigerian military and you've been in forward operations as you projecting yourself and what could come out of you is to call your army "rag tag" then I will not be surprised at your uncouth, ill tempered, crassness and banality of your language. people like you only thrive in gutters and pigsty. Must you call names before you make your point ? This attitude is probably what is responsible for your frustration. If you know anything educate rather than rain insults.

Secondly if you'd know so much and you ve heard from those who have been in the military for decades, then you should realize that in the Nigeria Army presently, there are many formations that are not having the requisite number of officers and indeed soldiers. You may be right with the issue of generals I don't know but you cannot go making sweeping allegations of promotions and enlistments are based on nepotism. And if there is, how wide spread is it ?

The Army maybe ill equipped but I wouldn't call it rag tag, it is organized Im not in the army. The so called senior officers who have served for decades and opened up to you sweepingly berating the Army like you said ask them again what their contribution was towards changing what they complained about ? Their complain is a result of accumulation of their ineptitude and or complacency over the years.

You may be right in some aspects but you are not totally correct. You can't go on insulting people because you think you know something they don't know, you don't know them and they don't know you so why blow up. Besides it is honorable to thread that path except you are not one. From your tone your are an Army man Officer I guess and that is not you are supposed to be talking to people you have been well trained, except you are in a rag tag military or a mammy market ( mini market) officer.

Apologies for bad language but when you deal with Nigerians it is almost impossible not to scream at their mentality!

"couldn't the Battallion commander at times leave his HQ to do some assessment of the forward operation positions and at such times is he no vulnerable"
-It is clear you have not attended any courses on this or know what you are talking about. Let me explain.
A battalion commander visit troops and conducts assesment based on the fact the locations have been secured by his friendly forces. He also relies on Intel, recce and reasonable security when venturing out. Infact Brigade and Division HQ constantly warns him NOT to put himself in harms ways - It is a standard order!!!

"rag tag"
-Are we arguing that the today Nigerian military is rag tag? I mean is there anyone on the planet who does not know this fact!
I am looking at colonels and brigadier generals who look like small children, people who are not qualified to hold such rank in any decent military on this planet. The Nigerian military have generals who told me personally that they don't feel like generals and only consider the positions previledge!
They are just promoted based or course number and years in previous rank.
NIGERIAN MILITARY COLONELS ARE ATTENDING COURSES WITH captains and majors in Belarus, Pakistan and Russia.
Many have told me these nationals are asking them how they got to their ranks with their age, experience and level of education and why so many of them!

"requisite number of officers and indeed soldiers"
-The dscussion was never about the fact Nigeria lacked the right numbers in the overall military, it is about the quality of officers and the ratio in camparison to NCOs.

I personally know (I don't think you do) that for every military battalion level formation there are 2-3 combatant Lt Colonels (not MP, Int, med, S&T or CID)- as such many of these bystander Lt Colonels are used as platoon and company commanders for boko haram to directly shoot at!

This is how it should work

Nigeria military should offer the following types of service to personnel

20 years for short term engagement and (less pension but if no available positions you are expected to be retired)
30 Years and above for full pension but only available to personnel who get appointment slots due to availability.

Officer positions are evenly distributed and values preserved!

The military gets the best educated, trained and efficient officers based on merit!

The military gets to save on budget, pension payments, allows merit and ensures the integrity of military ranks, positions and appointments.

Today Nigeria has so many generals the titles is so useless. You do not want to hear what the Belarus, Chinese and Pakistanis say when Nigerian military officers show up for courses.

Please go and do some research and speak to people in the know, you are boring me with you lack of exposure on this issue!
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
j1mmy:

I don't think you have the 1st clue what I'm talking about, Lets analyse the nonsense you wrote.

1, Stick to what you know - For your information I bloody know! The question is do you? Clearly NOT!

2, Nigeria doesn't have enough Officers or even Soldiers - pal, true but the topic is about the number of current NCOs in proportion to officers and generals in the military!!!!!!!

3, Did you say "engineers, Doctors, lawyers, policemen" Oh really so only you know that We have military police, Med corp, Int and CID? joker!

4, The makeup of platoon or company? Are you for real!!!

I will not educate you further because from your daft comments you are illiterate and as such part of the problem!

Go play with scouts and boys brigade, I don't have time for simpletons!

Basic Idiot!!
Keep running your online battles when real men are dying to keep you safe.
Olodo, go join the army and learn things first hand.
I can't believe i am exchanging words with such an slowpoke.Either stick to what you know or just keep up your ranting, i should have rightly ignored you, till one day you will go and bring yourself out where it will be hot for you.
Re: Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured) by sharpchap: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
my primary school classmate. RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Please Forgive Us" - Boko Haram Commanders Beg Nigerians (Pictures) / Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / US Sanctions 6 Nigerians For Supporting Boko Haram (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.