Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts (993 Views)

Invest In Your Future Now To Secure Your Retirement Age / Do You Have A Blockchain Wallet and $1 ? Come in. / How To Make Money With E-wallet Nigeria App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by olisasegun(m): 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
During my early days as an investor, I lost $700 and $850 at different times to Hackers from my online accounts.

These ugly incidents forced me to adopt steps to prevent future occurrence and they have never failed me.

Ø Use a Gmail as your ID because it is more difficult to hack than the others.

Ø Avoid fake login page, always check your E wallet or account web address is correct before login. Check Green SSL certificate bar in browser before login.

Ø Phishing emails: Never click on a link in an email to take you to a website, or enter personal details either in the email or website. Copy manually and paste to expose the real site. Real websites never ask for your login or any other confidential details.

Ø Never download or Install software from Unknown or untrusted Publisher.

Ø Ensure you log off properly: It is important to completely log off from your E wallet account, sometimes you do not auto logout by simply closing the windows.

Ø Invite software expert to periodically search and remove terrible plug-in from your browser, if you can’t do it yourself.

Ø Use very strong and up-to-date anti-virus software.

Ø Use very strong and least predictable password.

Ø Never login to your confidential accounts in internet cafes or a computer that is not your own.

Ø Last but not the least; ensure activation of 2-step verification or Authentication security code.

http://olisasegun..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-secure-your-e-wallet-and-other.html
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by brunofarad(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by olisasegun(m): 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Thanks
brunofarad:
Nice
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by cozy7(m): 4:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Since d laptop is mine and only me operates it, do I still hv to log out?
olisasegun:
I will like to discuss security tips which may help you to secure your E wallet and other important online accounts.

During my early days in online investment, I lost $700 and $850 at different times to Hackers in my online account. This made me studied ways I could prevent such ugly event from happening again.

The following steps were taken and they have never failed me.

Ø Use a Gmail as your ID because it is more difficult to hack than the others.

Ø Avoid fake login page, always check your E wallet or account web address is correct before login. Check Green SSL certificate bar in browser before login.

Ø Phishing emails: Never click on a link in an email to take you to a website, or enter personal details either in the email or website. Copy manually and paste to expose the real site. Real websites never ask for your login or any other confidential details.

Ø Never download or Install software from Unknown or untrusted Publisher.

Ø Ensure you log off properly: It is important to completely log off from your E wallet account, sometimes you do not auto logout by simply closing the windows.

Ø Invite software expert to periodically search and remove terrible plug-in from your browser, if you can’t do it yourself.

Ø Use very strong and up-to-date anti-virus software.

Ø Use very strong and least predictable password.

Ø Never login to your confidential accounts in internet cafes or a computer that is not your own.

Ø Last but not the least; ensure activation of 2-step verification or Authentication security code.

http://olisasegun..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-secure-your-e-wallet-and-other.html
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by olisasegun(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2015
cozy7:
Since d laptop is mine and only me operates it, do I still hv to log out?

Yes sir.
with key-logger, plug-in and terrible tool-bar and JavaScript, hackers can hijack or attack your system especially when you are online. Your settings can be changed and your account access remotely.
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by olisasegun(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2016
I wonder why this never makes it to FP
Re: How To Secure Your E-wallet And Other Important Online Accounts by jemimafelix(f): 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
olisasegun:
I wonder why this never makes it to FP

Sometimes I am surprised too myself. However, I am sure the MODs have their reasons.

(1) (Reply)

Communique To All Mavrodians By Guider Stanley / Flee: Clickerswealth.com Is A Fraud. Just Got Scammed / Is It True That Skye Bank Has Been Liquidated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.