Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State (4556 Views)

Photos Of A Local Police Station In Kaduna That Have Gone Viral / Building Collapses At Area F Command, Police Officers Confirmed Dead / "Bail Is Free" Spotted In Nigeria Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by bestads(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
I would like to share the story of my encounter with the Nigerian police in Lagos, Nigeria specifically with the men of the Idimu Police station, Area M. As this is a story that might resonate with a lot of Nigerians, I am not unaware that the story that I am about to share is common but I believe that the fact that this happens almost daily should not allow us to see it as acceptable norm or behavior. We are after all human beings who should be accorded human dignity.

On the 15th of December 2015 at about 11am I left my house in search of fuel for my car and generator, after being able to get the product only for the car at the NNPC station I proceeded to drive down to an ATM point to withdraw some money as I intended to get some more fuel. I got to the Isheri round about very near Idimu and I was about to take the turn when I saw a police vehicle by my side with a man waving, I stopped thinking that they were requesting right of way but I noticed he was pointing that I park. I parked just by the side as a law abiding citizen and soon after 1 policeman came over and requested that he get into the vehicle, I opened the door and he asked who owned the vehicle to which I replied that I did, he also asked for my vehicle particulars, driver license all which I provided and he confirmed to be ok and intact.

He then proceeded to ask me what I do to which I replied that I was a civil servant and also showed him my identity card. I expected him to exit the vehicle at that point but he asked to see my phone, my two phones meanwhile were visibly displayed by my side. I asked him why he would want to see my phone as I felt that was a violation of my privacy but he insisted and I felt since he had returned my vehicle papers I would get the phones back immediately. At that point a 2nd police officer had walked to my side of the window, he also requested to see my other blackberry phone. I complied knowing that I had nothing to hide , it was barely 20 seconds when I gave the 2nd policeman that he asked me who had the email accounts on my blackberry device, I replied and told him I did.

The next thing I heard shocked me as the 2nd policeman made a baseless, unwarranted, logic defying statement and accused me of being an online fraudster, I couldn’t believe what I had just heard, how do you stop a man in his car without any proof, any report or prior investigation and label him an online fraudster I denied this and said I was not an online fraudster as I was a civil servant working with the government and that I had identified myself earlier on with the 1st police officer. He said he could see 2 email addresses on the phone and that was proof that I was an online fraudster, I told them that having multiple email addresses was not illegal and didn’t make me an online fraudster. All this while my phones were with them, I was told to drive to the police station to clear the accusations at that point I knew the police officers were being mischievous.
While on the short drive to the police station the police man started asking questions like “e be like say you don live abroad before?” to which I did not respond. We got to the police station and the police man continued to stay in the vehicle, I kept asking what I was brought to the station for without any valid response as he kept looking through my Facebook messages, pictures, WhatsApp, emails. Finally he said we should get out of the car and was joined by the 2nd policeman. I was taken to a canteen in the police premise at the Idimu station, there I was asked to explain pictures of my trip abroad, the picture of my passport, my letter by COREN that I was certified as a registered engineer, my pictures at work, sms sent to relatives wishing them a happy new month, emails from my bank, chats with a colleague at work who was telling me his travel plans, internal memos from my work place and other private information.
This they said showed I was online fraudster , I could not believe this, how would anyone with a sane mind claim that by sending a sms or becoming an engineer, owning multiple email addresses or travelling equate to becoming an online fraudster. It was a preposterous suggestion that I kept refuting, but these 2 policemen were hell bent on warping the rule of law. I told them since I had responded to all they had asked and as such I had nothing to be held down for, this got them more adamant and they started to say I was acting smart, after almost an hour I was asked to follow them and that they would show me, I was taken to the anti vice office on the 1st floor of a 1 storey building. I got there and the office had 3 women and another man sitted, by then they were already saying they would deal with me as they kept going through my phone they then saw some emails from a premier online store in Nigeria (names withheld) and asked how I came about that, I explained that I registered on the website and that anyone could do that. At that juncture the 1st policeman Mr. Godwin Imo (384734) retorted and said any online business is a fraud, he said I should provide an ID card from the online store, I said I did not have an ID card from the store as you only needed to register and tried explaining that just like people were on Facebook, Facebook do not issue ID’s .it was most heart-wrenching to see the display of ignorance by an officer in this modern world.

I was then told to write a statement I asked the reason why I should write any statement as I was not informed that I was arrested or being detained neither was there any case reported against me and I followed them because I thought it was just a regular traffic stop. Immediately I said that 1 of the women in the office replied in a most aggressive manner that I was not serious and I must write a statement with the policeman boasting that this was the anti robbery and not a traffic department. Knowing very well the news of how innocent people are paraded as robbers or even dead bodies displayed as robbers killed in gun battles. I decided to thread more softly with care even as I reminded them that I work and serve the Federal government just like them.
At this point I asked that I be allowed to make a call, to my shock I was refused saying I could only make a call when I had written a statement. This was a brazen denial of my basic right, I told them that I was not writing any statement at which they began to sound more menacing saying they were going to make a case out of this, another woman in the office then said I should write a statement stating all that happened and my response to any question they might ask me, at this point the 2nd officer Mr. Okah James (365635) forcefully said I should write a statement and was claiming he would write to the British embassy that I had a criminal record including all sorts of threats like writing to the online store etc , this only proved to me that these men were highly incapable of critical thinking and I had to be more careful to save my life.
I decided to write a statement only if to be able to call and notify someone of my present location before anything untoward happened. While I was filling the information details on the statement form I had filled my phone number, home address, e.t.c I was stopped short by Officer Okah James and said the best I could do was to bail myself. I pleaded to make a call so someone could come and help me, I believe the officers hearing “help” took it for me wanting to bring someone to bring money and I was allowed to make a call to a family member the Officer Okah James even spoke with my family member and I pleaded that they wait as they said I had to take them to the online stores office at Akowonjo road.
To cut the story short, after asking me to get into their vehicle with me being told I would be handcuffed after I protested severely. My family member came vouched for me and seeing that the person was elderly they soft pedaled and told lies that I was an online fraudster and I claimed to be working with the online store, a call was put to a police officer known by my family member who then spoke with Officer Okah James. After about an hour with the 2 officers they said since they had spoken with a superior officer they would let me go if I paid 10,000 naira for fuel. Seeing no headway we had to part with some money, before I was let off after I had spent over 3 hours. I can only imagine what would have happened if could not speak up or I was some uneducated persons who had no form of identification, worst still if I had no money to settle them. I feel sad for Nigeria, the very people who should protect and defend us are those who abuse and intimidate us. This is what you get even when you’re law abiding and dutifully serve your country.
NB: For record purpose I was lucky enough to have voice recordings for some of the events.

My questions and the posers that arise are these...
i. Is the Nigerian police allowed to indiscriminately violate your privacy without a warrant as in the case of my phones been searched?
ii. Is it legal for the police to hold you in their custody and refuse you a right to make a phone call and do they have such power?
iii. Do the police have the power to make a fictitious charge against you and ask you to pay bail for a charge they can’t prove?
iv. How is justice obtained for cases such as this where people are falsely accused and detained?
I hope this gets to the appropriate authorities and I can get answers as I am actually worried because I ply this route all the time and several Nigerians including myself are at the mercy of these men. All the same I love Nigeria and I am proudly one but the future needs us to speak out against evil and any form of oppression for the better tomorrow we all desire.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Immatex(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
All police officers in Nigeria deserves nothing but death including the potbelly IGP. They are all not but licensed thieves.

I have vowed never to render good to any officer of the NPF-the most corrupt government establishment with the most greedy and ungrateful personnel.

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by realborn(m): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
I once had a similar encounter earlier in the year at 4th roundabout by Conoil in Lekki. Mine stopped at "who get this car?", "which work you dey do?". As I made attempt to avail him my identity card he declined to see and retorted, "hunger dey catch us". I offered him 1k. He appealed further that there were 7 of them in the van. I doubled the tip. All these while he sat in my car, while another stood outside, arms akimbo. Anyone outside will assume I was guilty of a crime.

The Nigeria Police needs help. Minimum wage of 18k no longer makes sense!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by adeememman(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Pathetic
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by praxisnetworks: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
I don't help police officers at all and I will not make an effort to lift a finger to assist them even on the verge of death! Never

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by niyiduke01(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
A piece of advice....dont allow any law enforcement officer to enter the car with you, If you are stopped for any reasons,kindly parked by the roadside,step out of your car and lock it,then you can answer any question afterward. Reason....All your dialogue will be open to the passersby unlike inside the car. My two cents..

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by drmikeadams(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
bestads:
I would like to share the story of my encounter with the Nigerian police in Lagos, Nigeria specifically with the men of the Idimu Police station, Area M. As this is a story that might resonate with a lot of Nigerians, I am not unaware that the story that I am about to share is common but I believe that the fact that this happens almost daily should not allow us to see it as acceptable norm or behavior. We are after all human beings who should be accorded human dignity.

On the 15th of December 2015 at about 11am I left my house in search of fuel for my car and generator, after being able to get the product only for the car at the NNPC station I proceeded to drive down to an ATM point to withdraw some money as I intended to get some more fuel. I got to the Isheri round about very near Idimu and I was about to take the turn when I saw a police vehicle by my side with a man waving, I stopped thinking that they were requesting right of way but I noticed he was pointing that I park. I parked just by the side as a law abiding citizen and soon after 1 policeman came over and requested that he get into the vehicle, I opened the door and he asked who owned the vehicle to which I replied that I did, he also asked for my vehicle particulars, driver license all which I provided and he confirmed to be ok and intact....remind me the first time I came to Lagos,na so them hold one nigger dey ask am why em carry two black berry phones..Wetin em dey do??nigerian police na embarrassment..
A
He then proceeded to ask me what I do to which I replied that I was a civil servant and also showed him my identity card. I expected him to exit the vehicle at that point but he asked to see my phone, my two phones meanwhile were visibly displayed by my side. I asked him why he would want to see my phone as I felt that was a violation of my privacy but he insisted and I felt since he had returned my vehicle papers I would get the phones back immediately. At that point a 2nd police officer had walked to my side of the window, he also requested to see my other blackberry phone. I complied knowing that I had nothing to hide , it was barely 20 seconds when I gave the 2nd policeman that he asked me who had the email accounts on my blackberry device, I replied and told him I did.

The next thing I heard shocked me as the 2nd policeman made a baseless, unwarranted, logic defying statement and accused me of being an online fraudster, I couldn’t believe what I had just heard, how do you stop a man in his car without any proof, any report or prior investigation and label him an online fraudster I denied this and said I was not an online fraudster as I was a civil servant working with the government and that I had identified myself earlier on with the 1st police officer. He said he could see 2 email addresses on the phone and that was proof that I was an online fraudster, I told them that having multiple email addresses was not illegal and didn’t make me an online fraudster. All this while my phones were with them, I was told to drive to the police station to clear the accusations at that point I knew the police officers were being mischievous.
While on the short drive to the police station the police man started asking questions like “e be like say you don live abroad before?” to which I did not respond. We got to the police station and the police man continued to stay in the vehicle, I kept asking what I was brought to the station for without any valid response as he kept looking through my Facebook messages, pictures, WhatsApp, emails. Finally he said we should get out of the car and was joined by the 2nd policeman. I was taken to a canteen in the police premise at the Idimu station, there I was asked to explain pictures of my trip abroad, the picture of my passport, my letter by COREN that I was certified as a registered engineer, my pictures at work, sms sent to relatives wishing them a happy new month, emails from my bank, chats with a colleague at work who was telling me his travel plans, internal memos from my work place and other private information.
This they said showed I was online fraudster , I could not believe this, how would anyone with a sane mind claim that by sending a sms or becoming an engineer, owning multiple email addresses or travelling equate to becoming an online fraudster. It was a preposterous suggestion that I kept refuting, but these 2 policemen were hell bent on warping the rule of law. I told them since I had responded to all they had asked and as such I had nothing to be held down for, this got them more adamant and they started to say I was acting smart, after almost an hour I was asked to follow them and that they would show me, I was taken to the anti vice office on the 1st floor of a 1 storey building. I got there and the office had 3 women and another man sitted, by then they were already saying they would deal with me as they kept going through my phone they then saw some emails from a premier online store in Nigeria (names withheld) and asked how I came about that, I explained that I registered on the website and that anyone could do that. At that juncture the 1st policeman Mr. Godwin Imo (384734) retorted and said any online business is a fraud, he said I should provide an ID card from the online store, I said I did not have an ID card from the store as you only needed to register and tried explaining that just like people were on Facebook, Facebook do not issue ID’s .it was most heart-wrenching to see the display of ignorance by an officer in this modern world.

I was then told to write a statement I asked the reason why I should write any statement as I was not informed that I was arrested or being detained neither was there any case reported against me and I followed them because I thought it was just a regular traffic stop. Immediately I said that 1 of the women in the office replied in a most aggressive manner that I was not serious and I must write a statement with the policeman boasting that this was the anti robbery and not a traffic department. Knowing very well the news of how innocent people are paraded as robbers or even dead bodies displayed as robbers killed in gun battles. I decided to thread more softly with care even as I reminded them that I work and serve the Federal government just like them.
At this point I asked that I be allowed to make a call, to my shock I was refused saying I could only make a call when I had written a statement. This was a brazen denial of my basic right, I told them that I was not writing any statement at which they began to sound more menacing saying they were going to make a case out of this, another woman in the office then said I should write a statement stating all that happened and my response to any question they might ask me, at this point the 2nd officer Mr. Okah James (365635) forcefully said I should write a statement and was claiming he would write to the British embassy that I had a criminal record including all sorts of threats like writing to the online store etc , this only proved to me that these men were highly incapable of critical thinking and I had to be more careful to save my life.
I decided to write a statement only if to be able to call and notify someone of my present location before anything untoward happened. While I was filling the information details on the statement form I had filled my phone number, home address, e.t.c I was stopped short by Officer Okah James and said the best I could do was to bail myself. I pleaded to make a call so someone could come and help me, I believe the officers hearing “help” took it for me wanting to bring someone to bring money and I was allowed to make a call to a family member the Officer Okah James even spoke with my family member and I pleaded that they wait as they said I had to take them to the online stores office at Akowonjo road.
To cut the story short, after asking me to get into their vehicle with me being told I would be handcuffed after I protested severely. My family member came vouched for me and seeing that the person was elderly they soft pedaled and told lies that I was an online fraudster and I claimed to be working with the online store, a call was put to a police officer known by my family member who then spoke with Officer Okah James. After about an hour with the 2 officers they said since they had spoken with a superior officer they would let me go if I paid 10,000 naira for fuel. Seeing no headway we had to part with some money, before I was let off after I had spent over 3 hours. I can only imagine what would have happened if could not speak up or I was some uneducated persons who had no form of identification, worst still if I had no money to settle them. I feel sad for Nigeria, the very people who should protect and defend us are those who abuse and intimidate us. This is what you get even when you’re law abiding and dutifully serve your country.
NB: For record purpose I was lucky enough to have voice recordings for some of the events.

i. Is the Nigerian police allowed to indiscriminately violate your privacy without a warrant as in the case of my phones been searched?
ii. Is it legal for the police to hold you in their custody and refuse you a right to make a phone call and do they have such power?
iii. Do the police have the power to make a fictitious charge against you and ask you to pay bail for a charge they can’t prove?
iv. How is justice obtained for cases such as this where people are falsely accused and detained?
I hope this gets to the appropriate authorities and I can get answers as I am actually worried because I ply this route all the time and several Nigerians including myself are at the mercy of these men. All the same I love Nigeria and I am proudly one but the future needs us to speak out against evil and any form of oppression for the better tomorrow we all desire.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by francbadoo: 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nigeria police them worst pass BOKO Haram bunch of criminals
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Amitex(m): 2:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Next time call a lawyer and I assure they will flee like the devil.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by basty: 4:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Police from the South East and South south are worst for this heinous crime. They are so corrupt.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by seunt4ut(m): 5:25am On Dec 27, 2015
bestads:

On the 15th of December 2015 at about 11am I left my house in search of fuel for my car and generator, after being able to get the product only for the car at the NNPC station I proceeded to drive down to an ATM point to withdraw some money as I intended to get some more fuel. I got to the Isheri round about very near Idimu and I was about to take the turn when I saw a police vehicle by my side with a man waving, I stopped thinking that they were requesting right of way but I noticed he was pointing that I park. I parked just by the side as a law abiding citizen and soon after 1 policeman came over and requested that he get into the vehicle, I opened the door and he asked who owned the vehicle to which I replied that I did, he also asked for my vehicle particulars, driver license all which I provided and he confirmed to be ok and intact.

I was once a victims of this kind of act around September. I live in Benin republic and a friend of mine who work with oil and gas invited me for catch up.on Saturday morning after environmental my mate says he want to sell his necklace as he was loosing interest in bling bling. So we drove from Ajah to Yaba. We sold the necklace and on our way to the car my guy was receiving call on his phone and I was walking behind him so I heard a voice says Go shadow that guy nah Passport him dey use , in my mind I thought the are obtained boys so I walked up to my guy said hey dude some guys coming after you hang up and put your phone in your pocket; so a guy in mufti approached before he could do that and said am a police officer, he wanted to isolate my guy so I was getting close to them ,he noticed that and said to me Have we met before I said no but this is my guy you are talking to at that point them believe we are Yahoo boys.he asked my guy where do you work he said oil and gas,he showed him the ID he paid no attention to our ID. The police officer called his crew come come he have apprehend some oil bunkers here you guys vandalized pipeline etc within 20 seconds we have been tagged with different kind of crimes. They took our phones at he spot searched the vehicle do and seized our wallets ,we were then took to their office at Oj'uelegbe,with some other guys .what funny is that on the way to the office the police officer escorting a guy in Range Rover have decided to negotiate with the guy sharply and make detour (Naija Police dem no trust each others)at this point they started fighting we had to stop for awhile. Upon getting to their compound they took us to the last floor. Begins the armature investigation just like you have mentioned. So I started hearing slangs like take them to school; I was trying to imagine what that means but I couldn't figure it out so they took my guy out and came back after an hour so I was asked to go with another officer to school as well this is where I realized that school meant cyber cafe lol.i was asked to open facebook I refused then Yahoo email I logged in they saw my bank transaction alert their head begins to swell up saying wow your a reach man I said I sell cars so you don't expect my account to have petty cash transaction.the funny thing now is that in the email they have some keywords they are looking for. They put those words in the email search Columns "MTCN" Client, Credit Card, Payment, Job so many more I can't even remember lol. I'm an international business man of course I must have done plenty of transaction in that manner then he said chai you be baba I didn't talk. He printed my emails which violate my privacy on our way going back he said can you give us 3million I said why and for what says you be hustler nah baba I said I don't have that kind of money every balance and every alert you saw there belongs to customer. Unknowingly that they have ransack my guy and found the 86k necklace money , they have been brainstorming how that could become theirs. So many styles and accusation we couldn't reach agreement so we were going to be lock up and implicate us with Robbery and Bunkery. I and my guy had to think fast that we have to avoid been manipulated because this be people want money and they have seen it in your pocket and I see no pity in their face plus we have been forced to write statement base on their own tongue God I hate Nigeria police with passion. They took the 80k from us in fact they asked if our ATM are working unfortunately I don't use ATM if not Mehn them for withdraw my money and beat me to coma and throw me somewhere.

6 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Obijulius: 5:49am On Dec 27, 2015
While those from the other parts are notorious for providing people for rituals and armed robbery abi?

See your life...

basty:
Police from the South East and South south are worst for this heinous crime. They are so corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by DaBullIT(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2015
All those writing comments have not said anything that makes sense to me

I was arrested at home, being a gamer, i had nintendo wii's game pad that's shaped like a gun for Zombie games , They found my laptop open with Need for speed most wanted still being played , they found my Tecno phones

the next thing i was tear gassed , called an armed robber for having that game console at home , then they called me an online fraudster for having a laptop ,

Nigerian Police is fast becoming a menace, we need to find a way to Let the IG and other bodies that can regulate activities of Police know that Civilians are being trampled upon, forcefully detained, Beaten and assaulted by the Police

It's time to start a protest and let the powers that be Know that It can not continue like this

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by RockMaxi: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2015
This is serious.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Austin4lif: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2015
Op na you cause am. How can somebody not know his right in this era? Police dnt like to hear that you have a lawyer. If am the one, I will not even give them my fone at the first place.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 7:45am On Dec 27, 2015
@bestads

Force HQ need to contact you, I they need you details to follow up the issue with those men.. .this is what they said, '' Forward the detail of the victim please''

The ball is in your court now.. .
Send me your details or follow it up yourself on whatsapp 08057000003 they are waiting.

Lalasticala mydn44 move this to FP please.

I can help you get these two Policemen out of job fast, if you claim to have the recording.. .and by the time you go back there by new ye they would been jobless..

If you are interested and would comply with the investigation reply fast.

I am in Abuja and can direct this to the IGP or the PPRO for audience, and I assure you the have been looking for these kind men.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2015
Austin4lif:
Op na you cause am. How can somebody not know his right in this era? Police dnt like to hear that you have a lawyer. If am the one, I will not even give them my fone at the first place.

I understand your position and trust me you are right and I will do the same of it were to me.. .

But sometime it needs to be you to understand the real countenance of the people you are dealing with and the op mentioned that as well.

So he can't be blamed, I these people kill people mehn!
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by seunt4ut(m): 7:51am On Dec 27, 2015
BeClever:
@bestads

I can help you get these two Policemen out of job fast, if you claim to have the recording.. .and by the time you go back there by new ye they would been jobless..

If you are interested and would comply with the investigation reply fast.

I am in Abuja and can direct this to the IGP or the PPRO for audience, and I assure you the have been looking for these kind men.

IG or PPRO should give platform survey that community and whole public can tell their stories and their experience with police. This is getting too much in South West. We really need help!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 7:52am On Dec 27, 2015
Austin4lif:
Op na you cause am. How can somebody not know his right in this era? Police dnt like to hear that you have a lawyer. If am the one, I will not even give them my Phone at the first place.

I understand your position and trust me you are so right and I will do the same if it were to me.. .

But sometime it needs to be you to understand the real countenance of the people you are dealing with and the op mentioned that as well.

So he can't be blamed, these people kill people mehn!
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by seunt4ut(m): 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
Austin4lif:

My guy if you have never encounter something like this with desperate Nigeria police don't give abstract suggestion. You are powerless in the midst of 10 armed law enforcer who are not interested in your words. By the time they land you 4 wicked slap and hit you with back of their gun you will comply and in fact you with thank your God that they didn't shoot you. They are more ruthless than arm robbers.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2015
seunt4ut:

IG or PPRO should give platform survey that community and whole public can tell their stories and their experience with police. This is getting too much in South West. We really need help!

It is there now and we should use it in this case.. .

Seriously!
Let all work together here now to show these police how it, s done.

Everyone, don't just comment and leave.. .

LETS SACK THESE PEOPLE FROM OUR POLICE TODAY!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Austin4lif: 7:57am On Dec 27, 2015
BeClever:

I understand your position and trust me you are right and I will do the same of it were to me.. .

So he can't be blamed, I these people kill people mehn!
yesterday night I was returning from my christmas tour and some police I meet on the road shouted "who goes there" as usual the way I looked at them with boldness and went my way the could not talk. One day I visited Enugu and a police check point block me and said I should give them something, I ask them dnt they pay them? I ask them is police work now a voluntary work. With they way I spoke, the mobiles just laughed and said oga no be fight na.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Austin4lif: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2015
seunt4ut:

My guy if you have never encounter something like this with desperate Nigeria police don't give abstract suggestion. You are powerless in the midst of 10 armed law enforcer who are not interested in your words. By the time they land you 4 wicked slap and hit you with back of their gun you will comply and in fact you with thank your God that they didn't shoot you. They are more ruthless than arm robbers.
you dnt have to insult them or be rude. Remove all fears and be bold.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 8:03am On Dec 27, 2015
Austin4lif:
yesterday night I was returning from my christmas tour and some police I meet on the road shouted "who goes there" as usual the way I looked at them with boldness and went my way the could not talk. One day I visited Enugu and a police check point block me and said I should give them something, I ask them dnt they pay them? I ask them is police work now a voluntary work. With they way I spoke, the mobiles just laughed and said oga no be fight na.

You cant be sure whether it's your fatigue or looks that works your magic or maybe your boldness.

But remember, everyone can't be you.. Police is there to protect especially the vonurable, but when they too also turned against what they are meant to protect.. .then its all over.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Tbagwell1(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2015
Op there are platform to channel such incident, please try and have them on your phone they may come handy.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Samdee12: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2015
sorry friend

with NPF i know my rights no dey oo
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by seunt4ut(m): 8:06am On Dec 27, 2015
BeClever:

You cant be sure whether it's your fatigue or looks that works your magic or maybe your boldness.

But remember, everyone can't be you.. Police is there to protect especially the vonurable, but when they to also turned against what they are meant to protect.. .then its all over.

You are right. Trust me Nigeria police are unpredictable,regardless of what you look like or any other things you can imagine. They're worst than Highway robber when they are in that mode of legal stealing.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Abbycite(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2015
One day Nigerians will be fed up of these criminals in uniform that we will start lynching them on the street....
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by Austin4lif: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2015
BeClever:

But remember, everyone can't be you.. Police is there to protect especially the vonurable, but when they to also turned against what they are meant to protect.. .then its all over.
well, I am a human right activist.
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2015
Tbagwell1:
Op there are platform to channel such incident, please try and have them on your phone they may come handy.

Thank you brother, @bestads you have to initiate the complain.. .

LETS SACK THESE MEN PEOPLE.. .

NIGERIA POLICE HAS MOVED ON BUT THESE ARE THE KIND BAD EGGS THAT ARE DRAGGING IT DOWN.

LETS HAND THEM OVER TO ABUJA!! !!!
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 8:13am On Dec 27, 2015
Austin4lif:
well, I am a human right activist.

I said it, you have some qualities and skills and knowledge, I moreover experience that the Op might lack.. .but you must commend the op for his maturity and wisdom.

These men kill people Mehn!
Re: A Nigerian's Dilenma At Area M Police Station In Idimu Lagos State by BeClever: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2015
In fact I can't wait for this op again I am going whatsapp with this link.. .

bestads join me if want justice.. ..

Let us sack these people.. .

They are our scapegoat...

IGP SOLOMON ARASE HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR THESE BAD EGGS!

I SWORE TO NIGERIANS TO NEVER ALLOW THEM IN THE FORCE.

WE MUST LET HIM KNOW ABOUT IT AND WATCH WHAT HE WILL DO AFTER.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Is Nothing But "A Middle Level Accountant" / Picture Proofs! Atiku Is Sweeping The Votes Of The Middlebelt (northcentral). / How Buhari Killed My Only Brother – Nkem Owoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.