Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. (905 Views)

The Airlines BANNED From Flying Into The European Union . / Airlines Bar Passengers From Flying To US After Trump's Ban Comes Into Effect / Iraqi Family Has Been Bared From Flying To U.S From Cairo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. by emperor94(m): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
Rani Isis Lake, 29,said she was banned from booking flights in Canada because she shares here name with terrorists
She says she was barred from booking a flight three times - because she is called ISIS. Rani Isis Lake, 29, of Kent, is named after the Egyptian goddess and has always attracted comments from people about her unusual monicker.
She says it had never caused her any trouble until she tried to book internal flights for a year-long volunteering trip to Canada next year.
Ms Lake says she bought a flight between Toronto and Vancouver with three different agents - only to have it mysteriously cancelled by each of them.
The first agent blamed 'technical problems' and the other two accused her of cancelling it herself as they scrapped her booking.
After the three failed bookings over the phone Isis finally got her flight for later this month after her mum booked it using Isis's other first name of Rani.
Ms Lake, a chef, said she feels discriminated against over her name and fears how she will be treated when security officials in Canada see her passport.
She said: 'I'm a bit incensed. It's completely ridiculous and completely unfair.
'I don't want to change my name and I shouldn't have to.
'They can't do that. It is sort of discriminatory.'

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3374598/Woman-called-ISIS-says-banned-flying-shares-middle-terrorists.html

Re: Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
what a moronic way to ban someoneundecided
Re: Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. by cosby02(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bad name for a good woman.

1 Like

Re: Woman Called ISIS Banned From Flying. by faray: 1:49am On Dec 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada / Need Help! I Want To Travel From Port Harcourt To Jos By Rail / US Visiting Visa Denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.