Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products (25956 Views)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% / FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2015
docadams:

At this stage, the modus is not stated though the minister stated it will be a combination of different methods.
Guy the forces against the full working of the refinaries be it up stream or downstream are collectively bigger than the FG.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by docadams: 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy the forces against the full working of the refinaries be it up stream or downstream are collectively bigger than the FG.

Hmmmmmmm

That there is Satan and demons ministry must not fail to grow.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by princejayboss: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
989900:
Now, compare this to Diezani . . . or PMB to GEJ.

Tech rules: Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS)

Can typically detect:

People walking when they are 5–10 m away from the buried cable
Manual digging 5–15 m away
Vehicles 5–15 m away
Mechanical digging or other large machinery at a distance of 20–50 m.
Can be used to cue other security platforms such as CCTV or unmanned aerial vehicles for visual confirmation.
Throw in IP/IR/GPS/GSM motion sensors and IP/GPS/GSM CCTVs.
Integrated with manual armed personnel backup surveillance.

I hope this is what they have in mind . . . if only I have Kachikwu's number. sad

Better than the 'clueless' administration's employment of them Gani Adams and Tompolos.

This is not video game boy... Have you ever asked yourself... What is in there for the financier's?.... This guys must be jokers
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Boss13: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
eyesofgod:
In the future, history will always show that some came to lay a foundation for a prosperous country, some didn't know why they were there and never gave a damn, while some will rather spend the rest of their life fixing the broken project called Nigeria .
God placed us in a geographical location devoid of natural disasters but
why do we deliberately inflict sufferings upon ourselves?
why do we destroy things that were meant to make our life easy?
why do we encourage and worship those with evil intentions?
why do we hate those who chose to live an upright life?

Insightful comment. These questions are very deep and need to be reflected upon
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Forwetinnah: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
Plenty Blaah Blaah!! I am waiting till 2016 to remind all those swallowing this hogwash to eat up all the accolades they're vomiting here today. Yes..you can call me a wailer but remember not to blame anyone if this plenty turenchi doesn't happen. The Blaming-Blamers are already cooking up a story to cover for another failed promise and true to who they are..the money will indeed be spent but the results. .....Hmmmnn
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by barcaboi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
eyesofgod:
In the future, history will always show that some came to lay a foundation for a prosperous country, some didn't know why they were there and never gave a damn, while some will rather spend the rest of their life fixing the broken project called Nigeria .
and ur point is.....do u know how many lives were lost due to trailers with fuel falling over...do u know how bad roads have gotten, do u know how many trucks have bn hijacked by thieves and drivers and after stealing they mix water with the fuel wch has in a way cost a lotta lives.....bros haba make we reason am well.....even if we move fuel with trucks; we shdnt be totally dependent on dem..
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by 989900: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
princejayboss:

[s]This is not video game boy... Have you ever asked yourself... What is in there for the financier's?.... This guys must be jokers[/s]
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by eyesofgod: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
barcaboi:
and ur point is.....do u know how many lives were lost due to trailers with fuel falling over...do u know how bad roads have gotten, do u know how many trucks have bn hijacked by thieves and drivers and after stealing they mix water with the fuel wch has in a way cost a lotta lives.....bros haba make we reason am well.....even if we move fuel with trucks; we shdnt be totally dependent on dem..

I don't understand you?
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
docadams:

Hmmmmmmm

That there is Satan and demons ministry must not fail to grow.
In this ministry they are all demons
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by persius555(m): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
likila:

his geophones are sensitive to about 15m.
they would be strung on a cable along the length of the pipeline or transmit data wireless.
they would also need power which could come from the cable.
if each geophone powers itself, they would need a lot of maintenance.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
barcaboi:
Guy the UK still truck their fuel diffrence is good rd and proper maintanance of truck. Good rd jobs. Of FG good truck job of truck owners.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by persius555(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
likila:

his geophones are sensitive to about 15m.
they would be strung on a cable along the length of the pipeline or transmit data wireless.
they would also need power which could come from the cable.
if each geophone powers itself, they would need a lot of maintenance.
wonderful analysis with the geophone tech. But with a pipeline network that runs over 1,000 kilometres covering swamps and mangrove vegetation, the technology will be (1)expensive (2) easily exploited overtime after carefully studying the vulnerabilities. In canada and alaska, they incorporate a technology that allows the networks to be fitted with softwares at about every 10km. The sofware allows graphical detecting any difference in the pressure gradient of oil flow through the pipelines. Any breach is detected at a monitoring station. Even this is expensive at the long run. For short term, the pipeline network should be plotted out, point of breach should be constantly marked out. There should be eyes in the sky monitoring areas of the pipelines with higher frequency of breach, day and night,let the security agents take it from there.

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by docadams: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:
In this ministry they are all demons
Hmmmmmmmm Jeez! Don't tell me all hope is lost.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
docadams:

Hmmmmmmmm
Jeez! Don't tell me all hope is lost.
It's deep bro.all these monies shared in Abuja by politicians where do U think they come from??
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by cardoctor(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Haaa. Thank God for that. I have a natural phobia for petrol tankers.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by spinoff: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
989900:
Now, compare this to Diezani . . . or PMB to GEJ.

Tech rules: Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS)

Can typically detect:

People walking when they are 5–10 m away from the buried cable
Manual digging 5–15 m away
Vehicles 5–15 m away
Mechanical digging or other large machinery at a distance of 20–50 m.
Can be used to cue other security platforms such as CCTV or unmanned aerial vehicles for visual confirmation.
Throw in IP/IR/GPS/GSM motion sensors and IP/GPS/GSM CCTVs.
Integrated with manual armed personnel backup surveillance.

I hope this is what they have in mind . . . if only I have Kachikwu's number. sad

Better than the 'clueless' administration's employment of them Gani Adams and Tompolos.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by barcaboi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy the UK still truck their fuel diffrence is good rd and proper maintanance of truck. Good rd jobs. Of FG good truck job of truck owners.
now u compare UK to 9ja....will construction of roads happen overnight?...something has 2 be done 1st
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by project7(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Personally, I do not have any hope that nigeria will change for better. Don't ask me why. Its obvious. Get enough money to shield yourself from the suffering here or leave the country.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by ihedioramma: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
eyesofgod:
because the love of money .
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by ihedioramma: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
project7:
Personally, I do not have any hope that nigeria will change for better. Don't ask me why. Its obvious. Get enough money to shield yourself from the suffering here or leave the country.
If it is truth you come out from a woman, yes . Nigeria is good but some bad people make it the way that is not good .
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by unitysheart(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
989900:

'Heya', see public display of illiteracy and 'mumuism'. #thisisbeyondyourwheelhouse#sticktowhatyouknow
cheesy undecided cry

Don't mind d mumu. A case of mumu calling another person mugun.

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by sharonbaron(m): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nigerian must take it upon themselves to protect these new pipelines we musnt rely on security agencies to safeguard the pipeline. We must bear in mind that most of these things we regard as government property are our property if there is for example a case of pipeline vandalism the people that will bear the loss are the people and not the government there may be unavailability of products leading to high prices of petroleum products there may be pipeline explosions leading to loss of lives and properties government on the other hand will be less affected when they like they may decide to fix the pipeline or not (the pipeline suppplyng petroleum products to enugu and aba depots of the nnpc are yet to be fixed after more than 10 years) some victims of pipeline explosions are yet to receive compensations from government let us Nigerians make it a duty to protect government property as for me if I catch any vandal I don't care your condition you won't like what I will do to you

Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by Tomoarika(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
persius555:
wonderful analysis with the geophone tech. But with a pipeline network that runs over 1,000 kilometres covering swamps and mangrove vegetation, the technology will be (1)expensive (2) easily exploited overtime after carefully studying the vulnerabilities. In canada and alaska, they incorporate a technology that allows the networks to be fitted with softwares at about every 10km. The sofware allows graphical detecting any difference in the pressure gradient of oil flow through the pipelines. Any breach is detected at a monitoring station. Even this is expensive at the long run. For short term, the pipeline network should be plotted out, point of breach should be constantly marked out. There should be eyes in the sky monitoring areas of the pipelines with higher frequency of breach, day and night,let the security agents take it from there.

I think we already have similar technology in the country. I recall that some engrs from GE installed some sensors along some pipelines at Mosimi Area Office a couple of yrs ago. Dont know if the digitisation process was completed.
Before that We used to check the pressure and flowrate manually every hour. Any drop in pressure indicated a leakage and a patrol team would be dispatched immediately.
Re: FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products by owbabs: 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
I would have preferred they thought along the lines of dedicated trains. Pipelines could become an environmental nuisance if not properly monitored

Acting IGP, Adamu Resume Duty, Release New Press Statement / FAAC To Share N1.959 Trillion Revenue In July — Probably Highest Ever / Man Cries For Losing Enugu Local Government Election (pics, Video)