Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) (30028 Views)

El-Rufai Kneels To Greet Oba Akiolu During Courtesy Visit In His Palace / Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Court Order,Appears In The Presence Of More Than 10 People / Nnamdi Kanu's 'I LOVE BIAFRA' Wristband As He Appears In Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by PentiumPro(f): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2015
The man that put fears in Biafrans, grin
They all refused to come out of fear of the lagoon to vote agbaje. cheesy grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 27, 2015
blizard44:
The traditional thing should be scrapped already.

I can't, as a king, be answerable to any other authority in the land of my ancestors.

Very soon Obas would be arrested and bailed too.

I'd rather give it all up.

Very incorrect. Read my post in the culture section. https://www.nairaland.com/2825462/gods-yoruba-land-hypothesis-study
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by BALLOSKI: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

He was a Policeman na.
yeah...but talks like a military man!

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by hollywater: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2015
NakedEve:
Igbo trashy warlords. Is this the beginning of the woes of the Lagoon warlord?
lol.
I know you guys will take him to ICC for hate speech if Osinbajo n Buhari bleeps up this time with Namadi Kunu.
What is Nnamdi Kanu's name doing in this topic? Don't you have a cell in you?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2015
PentiumPro:

I wanted to swear for you on reading this post, but on seeing your profile, I changed my mind. You are hot...

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by lastpage: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2015
ckmayoca:
Civilization. In the oldies cases are settled in the palace now the kings goes to court like every other.

Receive SENSE, In Jesus name!
undecided undecided

blizard44:
The traditional thing should be scrapped already.

I can't, as a king, be answerable to any other authority in the land of my ancestors.

Very soon Obas would be arrested and bailed too.

I'd rather give it all up.

Go and scrap it now, l bet your household belongs to the class of "Abobakus"! grin grin

DickDastardly:
The Lagoon Monarch cheesy

[size=14pt]IGNORANCE is more than a DISEASE! It is a CURSE![/size] undecided undecided

Oba Akiolu was NOT CHARGED to Court nor was he an ACCUSED, he went to "present his views", as the Kabiyesi and the most respected voice, ....in an INQUEST (look it up in the dictionary, foolish people!)

We know were these intent to denigrate the Yoruba traditional house is coming from...as usual, it is from those who "wake-up their father, first thing in the morning, .....WITH A LEG KICK!

Awon omo "ajokuta'mamomi"!
tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by francizy(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2015
Oba please drown Lagos state government and all those causing dispute in Alafia Lagoon... grin grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by aolumaxi(m): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
Oba in court? I tot oba ba le ohun gbogbo ni?
my thoughts exactly... grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2015
DrDauda:

I wanted to swear for you on reading this post, but on seeing your profile, I changed my mind. You are hot...
No go enta one chance o

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by babestella: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2015
The only Oba in him is the traditional attire and staff of office, remove that, he's worse than a tout who should be jailed.

But he is an oba, so respect him.
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by slyventure: 9:44am On Dec 27, 2015
It's like this Oba had really lost his prestige and honor, this is the first time am hearing that an Oba, a supposed custodian of cultures and values of the people would be answering questions bodering on irregularities in some dealings... What happened to the traditional belief that the Oba is not answerable to anyone as usually implies by the nomenclature of the office-'KABIE OSI'?, now they are not just asking, they have summoned him to the court before a supposed SUBJECT. The office to me is fast becoming nothing more than the chairman of a local government if not counsellor, because even the office of the governor enjoys impunity
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by satos123(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2015
Same of d same feathers cool
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Remii(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2015
brunofarad:
Oba in Court?
Sounds strange
he's there as a resource person not defendant or plaintiff, even ooni was in court in 1906 to clarify status of awujale, many kings have been I court to help in inter communal cases and the criminal ones are in jail like the rapist in osun state
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2015
PentiumPro:
If you the person on ur dp, You are 'modellic'
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by ibedun: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2015
I thoroughly despise Biafrans

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2015
If found guilty,he should be thrown into the lagoon grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by ckmayoca: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2015
lastpage:

Receive SENSE, In Jesus name!
undecided undecided

Go and scrap it now, l bet your household belongs to the class of "Abobakus"! grin grin

[size=14pt]IGNORANCE is more than a DISEASE! It is a CURSE![/size] undecided undecided

Oba Akiolu was NOT CHARGED to Court nor was he an ACCUSED, he went to "present his views", as the Kabiyesi and the most respected voice, ....in an INQUEST (look it up in the dictionary, foolish people!)

We know were these intent to denigrate the Yoruba traditional house is coming from...as usual, it is from those who "wake-up their father, first thing in the morning, .....WITH A LEG KICK!

Awon omo "ajokuta'mamomi"!
tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!

Ori o pe rara. Kila wi ki ju? Obasanjo wey Bleep him daughter inlaw and get insulted by his son na ajekuta mamomi? It's sunday oniranu let me have a peaceful day.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2015
DickDastardly:
The Lagoon Monarch cheesy
...what grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Baroba(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2015
DrDauda:

250lbs of fat hot?... OK ooo...
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Omeny: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2015
aminho:
if i was not from the north my home will be the south west i love Yoruba people die

Who cares?
U can go to hell for less we care!

Why don't u relocate and be an Alaafin or what ever in the west?

Park well guy!

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by NakedEve: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2015
hollywater:
What is Nnamdi Kanu's name doing in this topic? Don't you have a cell in you?

Yes I hv a cell in my body n thats d one Nazi Kunu is being held in. So go n die. tongue
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by aminho(m): 11:37am On Dec 27, 2015
Omeny:

Who cares?
U can go to hell for less we care!

Why don't u relocate and be an Alaafin or what ever in the west?

Park well guy!
e pain you hahaha thats the point
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by jimi4us: 11:43am On Dec 27, 2015
aminho:
if i was not from the north my home will be the south west i love Yoruba people die
why won't you, you people are all amaljiris

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by joeshed(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
irunooboo:
Nnamdi Kanu tried to be like Oba of Lagos but he landed himself in jail
pls reason properly before you comment on any issue..thank you! #oneAfricanSpirit
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by DerideGull(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sometimes it appears that the so-called learned Nigerians are the most idiotic of the group. Why should Oba Akiolu be invited to the court to testify when he, the Oba Akiolu, stated that some of the troubles in Ibeju-Lekki area are created by the some traditional rulers in the Ibeju-Lekki? Is it not proper to request the testimony of the Oba(s) or traditional ruler in Ibeju-Lekki communities instead of Oba Akiolu?
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by DerideGull(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
slyventure:
It's like this Oba had really lost his prestige and honor, this is the first time am hearing that an Oba, a supposed custodian of cultures and values of the people would be answering questions bodering on irregularities in some dealings... What happened to the traditional belief that the Oba is not answerable to anyone as usually implies by the nomenclature of the office-'KABIE OSI'?, now they are not just asking, they have summoned him to the court before a supposed SUBJECT. The office to me is fast becoming nothing more than the chairman of a local government if not counsellor, because even the office of the governor enjoys impunity

Are you a slow learner? Any authority controlled by the Oba of Lagos ended abruptly in 1861.
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lagooners hates Oba akiolu grin grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by nextstep(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
But dis Oba, always blaming one party or the other. As Oba, doesn't he have a role to play in diffusing the situation and calling local rulers to order?

But, that's none of my business... before I get thrown into the lagoon
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by toprealman: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
He declared that some state government officials were insincere and blinded by their greed, leading to actions that were against both good conscience and the interests of the residents of the community. In addition, Oba Akiolu stated that some traditional rulers in the Ibeju-Lekki area were only concerned with their selfish financial interests. He accused them of cutting deals over land rather than focusing on planning for the larger community along and seeking the interests of their people. mtchew! Is he in his palace? The law is indeed "blind".
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Birds you mean
Re: Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) by 400billionman: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
I dey kwum..

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai Wants To Be Vice President - Arewa Youths / Lekki Port Ready For Delivery As It Reaches 80 Percent Completion / Fashola Wins Support Of Lagos Senators… Amaechi Still Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.