Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? (567 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Prophetess Faith Aigbe Of Christ Restoration Bible Church Heals A Man / Here Are The 20 Things The Blood Of Christ Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? by figur8(f): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2015
Firstly,i will like to greet everyone merry christmas and a happy new year ahead,the true purpose of christ coming to this world will manifest in our lives IJN.
I write this as my spirit direct me because it strikes me when some people reason based on what they have been thought by the heads of their churches(general overseer).

We celebrated christmas in my compound on friday like most people did,we exchanged gifts,christmas hamper and food,but what suprised me was one of our neighbour,who is also a christian says they don't celebrate christmas in their church,that it wasn't true day jesus was born and that 25thdec was the day the pagan celebrate their deity blah blah blah,i was surpised because when everyone was merrymaking while he appear mounring,he also didn't take his children to see father xmas.
The issue of when christ was born has been raised a lot of time and has also caused controversy in church denomination and among the children of God.i have heard some christians say they had vision of jesus weeping whenever we celebrate his birth on 25dec because it wasn't his birthday.my question to this question is,does it matter?it's true we don't know the exact date christ was born,although some reasearchers suggested summer september or october.but also again,does it matter?i had a lovely grandmother once,she was old nobody knows her birthday,they guessed her age form her younger brother which might be four years older than,because there was no record kept during those days in their village and most people were illiterates.does that mean we shouldn't celebrate her while alive for great things she has done,how she nurtured and care for her children and raised them to become who they are today.so because we don't know her birthday we should deny her of gathering round her singing and appreciating her for being a good mother,sister,aunt and grandmother.we had to fix a day for her birthday.so that she can be celebrated every year,and guess what,we gave her the date of when her first great grand child was born and she gladly accepted it and we give her a birthday party on that date with her great grand child for her love,compassion and sacrifice for us.

Jesus christ came to this world to bring peace,joy and salvation and should be celebrated.i believe christ will be happy if a date was picked to remember and rejoice for his birthday than to keep mute just because we don't know the date.
i urgued all christians all over the world irrespective of your denomination because we are all one big family in christ,to come together on this date 25th dec to rejoice,for unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given;and the government will be upon his shoulder,and his name will be called wonderful,counselor,mighty God,everlasting father and prince of peace.

PEACE!
Re: The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? by vroom(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2015
Hallelujah
Re: The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Ahhhh, OP, you talk from the deep well of ignorance. Dec 25th is a "pagan" day celebrating the sun.
Re: The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? by figur8(f): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2015
SirWere:
Ahhhh, OP, you talk from the deep well of ignorance. Dec 25th is a "pagan" day celebrating the sun.
like i said "was"but not any more.
Re: The True Birthday Of Christ,does It Really Matter? by teekay213(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2015
figur8:
Firstly,i will like to greet everyone merry christmas and a happy new year ahead,the true purpose of christ coming to this world will manifest in our lives IJN.
I write this as my spirit direct me because it strikes me when some people reason based on what they have been thought by the heads of their churches(general overseer).

We celebrated christmas in my compound on friday like most people did,we exchanged gifts,christmas hamper and food,but what suprised me was one of our neighbour,who is also a christian says they don't celebrate christmas in their church,that it wasn't true day jesus was born and that 25thdec was the day the pagan celebrate their deity blah blah blah,i was surpised because when everyone was merrymaking while he appear mounring,he also didn't take his children to see father xmas.
The issue of when christ was born has been raised a lot of time and has also caused controversy in church denomination and among the children of God.i have heard some christians say they had vision of jesus weeping whenever we celebrate his birth on 25dec because it wasn't his birthday.my question to this question is,does it matter?it's true we don't know the exact date christ was born,although some reasearchers suggested summer september or october.but also again,does it matter?i had a lovely grandmother once,she was old nobody knows her birthday,they guessed her age form her younger brother which might be four years older than,because there was no record kept during those days in their village and most people were illiterates.does that mean we shouldn't celebrate her while alive for great things she has done,how she nurtured and care for her children and raised them to become who they are today.so because we don't know her birthday we should deny her of gathering round her singing and appreciating her for being a good mother,sister,aunt and grandmother.we had to fix a day for her birthday.so that she can be celebrated every year,and guess what,we gave her the date of when her first great grand child was born and she gladly accepted it and we give her a birthday party on that date with her great grand child for her love,compassion and sacrifice for us.

Jesus christ came to this world to bring peace,joy and salvation and should be celebrated.i believe christ will be happy if a date was picked to remember and rejoice for his birthday than to keep mute just because we don't know the date.
i urgued all christians all over the world irrespective of your denomination because we are all one big family in christ,to come together on this date 25th dec to rejoice,for unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given;and the government will be upon his shoulder,and his name will be called wonderful,counselor,mighty God,everlasting father and prince of peace.

PEACE!
true!

(1) (Reply)

Zaria Massacre: Shiites Release Own Video, Say Attack By Military 'planed' / Say No To Hijab Ban / I didn’t speak on my conversion to Christianity for fear of being killed – Ayuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.