Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Businessman Dies Hours After ‘prophetic’ Xmas Facebook Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Businessman Dies Hours After ‘prophetic’ Xmas Facebook Post (574 Views)

Babangida Suntai Dies Hours After Burial Of Danbaba Suntai, His Brother / Last Facebook Post Of Soldier Who Was Killed By Boko Haram (picture) / Egheomhanre Eyieyien Dies After Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Businessman Dies Hours After ‘prophetic’ Xmas Facebook Post by quotequote: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2015
In a strange twist of fate that has sent the Nigerian online community into shock, a businessman, Egheomhanre Eyieyien, hours after a clairvoyant Facebook post, died on Christmas Day.
In the commemorative message posted at 8.05am same day, Egheomhanre wrote, “I hear in my spirit the words; an unusual Christmas Day; an uncommon day; completion; conclusiveness; unmistakable proofs, ear-tingling testimonies… to the person who can believe God. Merry Christmas!”
However, Egheomhanre’s only brother, Iyere, barely five hours after, announced the passing of his brother on the social networking site.
Iyere, in a post on his page, said, “My only brother, Pastor Egheomhanre Emmanuel Eyieyien (29th April 1967 – 25th December 2015), went to be with the Lord this morning after a brief illness.
“My heart is heavy. What can I say but thank God for a life well spent? He fought a good fight. The crown he worked for all these years is now resting majestically on his head. Jehovah be praised!”
Both brothers’ accounts have since been inundated with over 671 comments from well-wishers as of 6.30 pm when this report was filed on Saturday.
Iyere wrote under his brother’s post, “You heard right my beloved brother. I have known you all my life. It is an honour and privilege to have been you younger brother. I will miss you. I am already missing you.”
Among those that commented was a popular economist, Ayo Teriba, who expressed shock at the strange occurrence.
Teriba said, “It is a thing of marvel to know this was Eghes’ last ever Facebook post! He had these premonitions only a few hours before he went into his rest, and even put them in writing, (and) tagged a few friends, before posting it on his wall! May his soul rest in peace!”
Another relative, Odianosen Eyieyien, wrote, “The shocking news that brought tears to our eyes. We bless the hours we had with you. RIP Uncle Egheomhanre Eyieyien.”
According to an autobiography published online by Egheomhanre in 2013, who was a senatorial aspirant of the All Progressives Congress for Edo-Central, he was given the pet name ‘Eghes’ by his mother, which means “My time has come” in the Bini language.
He was the first of his parents’ two sons and the Group Chief Executive Officer of Pharez Limited, which he founded in 1998. He was a self-described ordained pastor, as well as a member of the Sub-Committee on Strategy, Research and Advocacy of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
He is survived by a wife of 13 years and son
http://www.punchng.com/businessman-dies-hours-after-prophetic-xmas-facebook-post/
lalasticlala
Re: Businessman Dies Hours After ‘prophetic’ Xmas Facebook Post by emamos: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2015
Rip
Re: Businessman Dies Hours After ‘prophetic’ Xmas Facebook Post by Ayt27(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2015
How is that in any way prophetic or any form of clairvoyance? These sounds like words of a man who is facing death.

RIP

(1) (Reply)

. / Tribal Conflict : Common Hatred Amongst Tribes In Nigeria / BREAKING NEWS: EFCC Arrests Olisa Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.