Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

How Does One Escape Poverty? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Does One Escape Poverty? (1699 Views)

6 Ways Men Can Escape Poverty / Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Escape Poverty? by SkinnyDude(m): 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
my greatest fear is poverty, being poor. looking at people around me, some of old friends on the street and people i used to know. i just get tired. some are dropouts, doing all these low paying jobs. and they are not getting any younger. "i don't want to end up like them" this has always been on my mind.
so, how does one escape from poverty, especially in a developing country like Nigeria. where there's a limited opportunity? education? i have seen educated young guys who are miserable in life..
please, discuss.. MOD if you move this to FP i will be happy.
Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by sule17(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
With God u will. Hope I do make it this time

1 Like

Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by sule17(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
First to coment. I dedicate to buhari and his team
Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by SkinnyDude(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
sule17:
With God u will. Hope I do make it this time
God gave you the intelligence to think for yourself. you don't leave everything for him. you do your part and leave the rest for him

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by emorse(m): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
SkinnyDude:
God gave you the intelligence to think for yourself. you don't leave everything for him. you do your part and leave the rest for him

With this type of mind set, you're already on your way to the top. All the best man.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by wtfCode: 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
dude, use ur brain and start something for yourself. Anything gainful can make u rich,it all depends on ur strategies. Hustle hard.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by wtfCode: 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
dude, use ur brain and start something for yourself. Anything gainful can make u rich,it all depends on ur strategies. Hustle hard.
Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by zikIPE: 9:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
My brother, there's no sure fire way to escape poverty especially in the case of Nigeria where everything works against you....even nature.
First of all, you can start at a young age to lay a good foundation, acquire skills and think up grand plans you can work on(which might be capital intensive) whether you have money or not. Then, you also have to be at the right place at the right time. How to know the right place?? Where ever good things happen to you is the right place grin this might be any number of places for you. But, in all, just be yourself and work hard.
Lalasticlala help this guy find otedola online to advise him by moving his post to the front page.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Escape Poverty? by yomi007k(m): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
How to escape poverty:

1. Family- come from a rich family. Lol, u can't control ds one.

2. Work- always get busy.
U can even work for FREE. Always make urself useful build ur skills. Never be ashamed or lazy.

3. Budget-...don't just blow money anyhow. Use it to fill ur needs.

4. Relationships- be careful, some of dos babes will mar u.
If ur surrounded by liabilities in d form of humans, its gona be hard.

5. Education/Information- this helps u upgrade watever u wanna do if well used.

6. Plan- most ppl don't believe in planning. They wanna leave everything to God. I cry 4 u. He will bless ur moves if u do it right.

7. Pray- ....

Life is hard or should I say gets harder that's why u have to stay tougher.

For u to ask this question Op I say,Welcome to the World.

Shalom

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Flood In Lekki Phase 1 / NERC Directive For Maximum Demand Customers Only Says Ikeja Electric / Acres Of Land Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.