Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate (35040 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) / Buhari Submits Ministerial List To The Senate - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by midolian(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2015
Former Senate President David Mark has explained the reason behind his closed lips in the 8th National Assembly.

The former legislator representing Benue South at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly, said he decided not to make any contribution following the defeat of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party in the last general election.

Mark has been under verbal attacks from angry Nigerians over his ‘siddon look’ posture since his ouster as the Senate President.

The former Niger State military administrator, while addressing members of his party at his Otukpo residence recently, said he was tired of hearing people calling him names over the sorry state of his constituency.

Mark said he has done enough for his people within the past 16 and should be given some credits.
On the forthcoming rerun in the Zone, Mark said he was waiting on God to direct him if he should re-contest or pull out but chairman of the party in the state insisted that his people still want him to ‘continue the job he has started.”

He highlighted some his achievements which include, Oweto bridge, Otobi dam and renovation of schools across the district.

He said, “I have been praying to God to direct me whether I am to re-contest this election come February 2016 or not. When I relayed this issue to the Party Chairman as one of the elders in this party, he told me in clear terms that he is not going to table this matter for discussion and that I have no other option than to rerun for the Senate. He told me I must do this for the people.

“I am so tired of people going about saying David Mark hasn’t done anything in the past Sixteen years, If anybody said David Mark has not done anything for Idoma people, let such person challenge me in clear terms and I shall prove that in the last Eight (8.) Years, the Idoma People has benefited from my Leadership more than any other tribe in the whole of Nigeria.

On his continuous silence in the house, Mark said,
“When the PDP lost the general election in March, I decided that I will maintain and remain silent until the end of the year. That is why I have not been talking. Of course for those of you who know me, you know I can talk, but not all unnecessary talks.”

https://www.today.ng/politics/58083/mark-reveals-why-he-has-not-been-talking-in-the-senate?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by joseph1832(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2015
If he truly felt that way, then he should refrain from contesting again and sit down in his house and "look".

If he mentioned that he renovated schools, as part of his contribution to his constituency, he should at least named the schools so we can ascertain this truth.

If having spend that amount of time in the senate and building a bridge and dam as well as renovating schools we don't know the names, then, I'll want to urge him to really "siddon look" from his house in Benue.

He should still tell us what and what he's so far done for the Idoma people, counting on rhetoric won't save him or any politician this time around.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Immatex(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2015
RETIRE. QED

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by midolian(m): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2015
On the forthcoming rerun in the Zone, Mark said "he was waiting on God to direct him if he should re-contest or pull out but chairman of the party in the state insisted that his people still want him to ‘continue the job he has started.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which work has he been starting over and over again for the past 16years? Has he been trying to fill a basket with water?

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by talktonase(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Eyaahh! There time don pass!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Adminisher: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2015
It is only in Nigeria with brain dead people that a representative of the people openly refuses to do his job, shouts it aloud and it is accepted. David Marks constituency should recall him because of this idiotic statement but then if they are PDP then it is acceptable. You have to be brain dead to be a PDP suppoeter.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by joseph1832(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2015
midolian:

Which work has he been starting over and over again for the past 16years? Has he been trying to fill a basket with water?
Don't mind him, he failed to note that PDP is not in power anymore, saying I did this and I did that will not be applauded without seeing the I did this and I did that he did.

This isn't business as usual. And if he's truly waiting for God to tell him whether to contest, he should go to the mountain, that's where people who want to hear God speak to them go, not sit in the comfort of his mansion and talk.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by slimfit1(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Let somebody else come and enjoy those huge bonus and wages too mr mark na only you get sense pass for your village

6 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by aieromon(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Beer parlor gist. Observation suits you better,"Mr. Telephone is not for the poor". You should hide your head in shame if a 2002 NANS President floors you in the re-run elections.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by chronos: 11:28am On Dec 28, 2015
David mark ko solomon luke ni..

Abeg when dey go mention this man name for this dasuki scandal

7 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by kings09(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2015
Instead wasting his ppl's time wit d silence, he shld go on a long vacation wit Latino babe's @ his service n not be in 9ja till 2019 cos d guy go don make money pass Benue state sef. He shld do this n leave d senate a young guy dats eager 2 shine

1 Like

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by 20bc(m): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2015
Because your party failed you decided to punish your people by not contributing anything that might help to alleviate their problem, you just sat there like a dummy (dun D united).

Mr man you don't deserve any second chance, better pull out now or wait and see your people rub sh!t on your face angry

5 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by anytexy: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2015
Breaking news...fresh explosion kill 40 people in Maiduguri mosque--TVC.
On the topic, If I were you sir I will not recontested. Nominate a younger person. Is better than to disgrace you out . Though people benefiting from you will advice you to re run, but the most honorable thing for you is to quit now or...

1 Like

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Segadem(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2015
when u refused to leave when the ovation in its loudest pitch, then u will enter ovulation period mode

2 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Segadem(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2015
anytexy:
f
for what? failure?
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by cutetopsey(f): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2015
When he doesn't have any tangible thing to contribute.........I believed he knows the right time to talk and when not to talk.....above all, experience lo matter
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by vosquare: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2015
grin

2 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by AhmadMind: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2015
k

1 Like

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Sunnycliff(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2015
Since you don't want to talk, why are you contesting again? Is the Senate your fathers heritage

3 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2015
David mark should speak up or step out
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by babyfaceafrica: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Hehehehe...joker
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by eleko1: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2015
sad undecided the shameless one. Hoope he nor collected Dasuki ATM undecided? Thief sad

2 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by aieromon(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2015
"He highlighted some his achievements which include, Oweto bridge, Otobi dam and renovation of schools across the district." - Mark,2015

“David Mark after 16 and half years in the Senate must have accumulated a record which we could look at. The last time we requested for a manifesto, he scoffed at us. Scoffing won’t be good enough this time. He must let us know with clarity and a degree of certitude while he thinks he would do better now than he had ever done before. His pitch to us shouldn’t be based on sentiments.

“It shouldn’t be based on how he is the greatest defender of the Idoma from the Tiv. I don’t buy that. He gave us Akume, then Suswam, he also campaigned for Tarzoor. No one is defending no one from anyone. A senate seat is not meant for those sentimental things. It is to canvass for the real development of his people through the law making process.

“He should let us know how he intends to get the Federal Government to complete the slew of uncompleted projects dotting the landscape of Idoma land viz the Otobi Dam, the Ajobe Earth Dam, The RAMP, The Demoted University, The Otukpo-Oweto-Loco-Abuja Road etc. It shouldn’t be that he stands the chance of becoming a President should he remain in the Senate. The truth is you don’t need to be a Senator to become the President.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/30/benue-south-re-run-mark-onjeh-should-not-tear-us-apart-with-sentiments-akioyamen/
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by wellmax(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2015
Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Sodijan(m): 11:38am On Dec 28, 2015
His seat is shaking in d 8th national assembly

1 Like

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by modath(f): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2015
midolian:

No, that work is easy, he has been collecting air to fill a bowl!! grin

How are you doing?

2 Likes

Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate by ichommy(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
nah U sabi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Queuing With Their Generators At NNPC Station, Ojota, Lagos / Buhari Urges Malians To Accept Government Of National Unity / Alhaji Auta And Kachalla Ruga Bombed To Death In Zamfara Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.