Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Result Of Fa Cup Please - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Result Of Fa Cup Please (2102 Views)

Hold Up As A Result Of Uduaghan's Birth Day Party / Sheep Give Birth To Half Sheep/half Human. Is That A Result Of Bestiality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Result Of Fa Cup Please by Tony2009: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2009
Please can i get the result of the FA Cup played yesterday accross nigeria
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2009
brila FM dey.
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by Tony2009: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
Please anybody that can let me get the link should help me on the FA Cup result where i dey i cant get Brilla FM am outside Naija
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2009
ooh, sorry.
Men,i don't know.
i wish i could help
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by folem: 2:31am On Jun 14, 2009
There is nothing like FA Cup in Nigeria.

Challenge Cup has been renamed Federation Cup after CoCa Cola failed to renew the sponsorship of the NFA CoCa Cola FA Cup (sic). grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by Tony2009: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the correction i did not know as i was not in naija please can you get those result for me as i search every where to get the result no way the nespapers online did not even carry the result.
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by aegibson(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2009
FEDERATION CUP REACHES GROUP STAGE

Posted: 2009-06-19 22:06

Three former champions will light up the Jalingo Centre as the Federation Cup enters its group stages next week.

Dolphins, Enyimba and Rangers are joined by Lobi Stars in what is undoubtedly the group of death, to be played in the Taraba State capital.

Only two teams progress to the quarterfinals.

The other centres are Ilorin (Kwara State), Uyo (Akwa Ibom State), and Abeokuta (Ogun State)
The group matches will take place between 22nd and 28th June, 2009.

All the teams are expected to arrive at their respective centres on Sunday, 21st June 2009.

Two teams will qualify from each group for the quarter finals scheduled for the 1st of July, 2009.

GROUP A: ILORIN CENTRE
Ocean Boys
Julius Berger
Nasarawa FC
BCC Lions

GROUP B: UYO CENTRE
3SC
ILA FC
EL-KANEMI
FC TARABA

GROUP C: ABEOKUTA CENTRE
BAYELSA UNITED
BUSSDOR
SHARKS
AKWA UNITED

GROUP D: JALINGO CENTRE
LOBI STARS
DOLPHINS
RANGERS
ENYIMBA

ROUND OF 32 RESULTS
OCEAN BOYS 2-0 NIGER TORNADOES
JULIUS BERGER 2-0 AJIYA BABES
VOM VET FC 0-1 NASARAWA UTD
PLATEAU UTD 0-3 BCC LIONS
POLICE MACHINE 0-1 3SC
F/FLAMINGO 3-4 ILA FC 4
BIDA LIONS 0-3 EL-KANEMI (WALK-OVER)
RISING STARS 0-1 TARABA FC
KWARA FEEDERS 0-1 BAYELSA UTD
BUSSDOR FC 2-0 B/INSURANCE 0
GATEWAY 0-2 SHARKS
HEARTLAND 0-1 AKWA UTD
AKWA STARLETS 0-1 LOBI
IGBINO BABES 0-1 DOLPHINS
KANO PILLARS 1-1 RANGERS (Rangers win 5-4 on penalties)
ENYIMBA 2-2 GOMBE (Enyimba win 6-5 on penalties)
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by Jaytee67(m): 10:36pm On Jun 24, 2009
FROM UYO VENUE

3SC 1 - ILA ORANGUN FC 0
EL-KANEMI 1 -  FC TARABA 1
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by aegibson(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2009
Ocean Boys

OCEAN BOYS HELD, BAYELSA LOSE

Posted: 2009-06-24 06:45

Ocean Boys began the defence of their Nigeria Cup title in less than sparkling form after being held 1-1 by First Division Julius Berger in the opening game of their round of 16 group fixtures at Ilorin.

Elsewhere, newly-crowned champions Bayelsa United were pegged back 1-0 by Sharks at the Abeokuta centre, where Bussdor also stunned a dispirited Akwa United 3-1.

It took well over an hour for the first goal to arrive in Ilorin, and it went the way of the holders, Emma Enize breaking the deadlock for Ocean Boys after 63 minutes.

But last year's winners failed to build on that foundation and were made to pay a steep price when Berger found a breakthrough with just seven minutes of time left.

That left Nasarawa surprise group leaders following their 2-1 win over BCC Lions earlier in the day.

Lawal Hassan put Nasarawa ahead after 26 minutes but the lead lastewd only four minutes before Nyam Terwuweme restored parity.

Shehu Dauda was to have the final word for Nasarawa with a quarter of an hour of time left.

In Abeokuta, Akwa United had barely taken the kickoff when they fell a goal behind. Saad Folorunsho converting a penalty on 2 minutes to give Bussdor the lead.

Onyekachi Okoye then worked a fine opening, which was finished by Iniobong Jackson on the hour mark.

And as Akwa pressed for the win, they left wide open spaces at the back which Bussdor took full advantage of to plunder two late goals. The first poked into his own net by Marshall Johnson under pressure, and the cheese on top a spectacular volley from 20 yards from Adeboye Adesola.

Idowu Olaiya's goal seven minutes shy of the hour gave Sharks a 1-0 win over League champions Bayelsa, but the triumph was soured by a horrific leg break on defender Kelechi Uroh.

Uroh had pushed up for a corner, and as he chased the clearance, he was tracked by Ifeanyi Onwuatu, who went in hard.

Not only could the crack of the bones be heard high up in the stands, the unnatural angle of the foot could be seen as well.

Preliminary prognosis is that he will be out for at least a full season.

Ibadan warlords 3SC lead the way in Uyo after a 1-0 win over Ila, courtesy of Ado Mohammed's late goal.

The earlier game saw FC Taraba and El Kanemi cancel each other out with a 1-1 draw.

Loveth Akubo gave Taraba a 5th minute lead, which they looked to be going home with when El Kanemi sneaked a late late effort on the stroke of time.

And in Jalingo, ten-man Dolphins drew a line in the sand with a 1-0 win over Lobi Stars.

Solomon Bitrus saw a speculative effort creep in on 20 minutes, and the four-time champions held on for the win, despite seeing left back Hussein Adaji dismissed for a second bookable offence.

It could have been worse, as Austin Festus later escaped a straight red for kicking a Lobi player in the face.

In the other game of the Champions Pool, Enyimba and Rangers played out an entertaining scoreless draw.

Abeokuta
Sharks 1-0 Bayelsa United
Bussdor 3-1 Akwa United

Ilorin
Nasarawa United 2-1 BCC Lions
Ocean Boys 1-1 Julius Berger

Jalingo
Dolphins 1-0 Lobi Stars
Enyimba 0-0 Rangers

Uyo
Taraba 1-1 ElKanemi
Shooting Stars 1-0 Ila
Re: Result Of Fa Cup Please by aegibson(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2009
Day 2

Abeokuta

Sharks 5-1 Bussdor
Scorers: Thankgod Amaefula 18min (pen), 62 min (pen)

Friday Nwoga 35min, Chibuzor Ozurumba, 54min, Joseph Tagoe 84min, Joseph Williams 85min (pen)
lBayelsa 1-0 Akwa Utd

Scorer: Manir Ubale 84min

Jalingo

lEnyimba 3-2 Dolphins
Scorers: Obinna Amakor 4min, Captain Ejindu 13min, Andrew Igado 43min, Daddy Bazuaye 70min, Kalu Uche 80min.

lLobi Stars 1-0 Rangers
Scorer: Gabriel Oguche 73min

Ilorin

lOcean Boys 2-1 Nasarawa
Scorers: Shehu Dauda 47min, Charles Omokaro 67min, Ifeanyi Ede

Julius Berger 0-0 BCC

Uyo

l3SC 0-0 Elkanemi
lIla 0-0 Taraba

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Osaze Odemwingie Weds Sarah Fallon In The UK / Wedding Dress For Hire / Need Latest Decor Designs/Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.