Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari (664 Views)

$2.1B Arms Fund: How Fayose Received N1.2billion – witness / We Will Jail Arms Fund Thieves – PMB / See Country Where Christmas Celebrants Are Jailed For Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by ventnaija: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to ensure that all those involved in the arms procurement graft that led to the death of Nigerians are duly prosecuted and jailed according to the laws of the land.

President Buhari said, “That is why those who stole monies meant for arms procurement and shared it among themselves are being arrested and are being shown documents so that they would be asked to refund the money or face prosecution; we would use those documents to prove what they stole, collect all the assets acquired from the proceeds and then jail them.”

Still on his interview with the BBC Hausa Service, he explained that the Customs, Ports and direct taxes on goods and services can fund the N6.08trn budget besides his determination to block leakages in how oil revenue is managed.

“We have also shown the changes we have made in the Customs; for instance, how much we are making from the Customs service; how much from petroleum, that is NNPC; how much we are making from the ports.

There have been lots of leakages in these sectors. If we block these leakages, we would make much more money to run the country despite the fall in the price of oil.

“Finally, by enforcing strict compliance with the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007 and public expenditure reforms in all MDAs, we have projected up to N1.51 trillion from independent revenues.”

http://ventnaija.net/2015/12/ill-make-sure-arms-fund-thieves-are-jailed-president-buhari.html
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by fran6co(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by Galacious1: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
We dey ur back
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
But presido dem say they give you Vehicle +$300,000usd. your PA self join collect 950m.
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by asorocker: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is really very good if only it can be implemented whole heartedly and not partially
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by chronos: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ha I hope you will prosecute yourself too
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by simonlee(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
I don't understand how everyone else is being prosecuted and Buhari is yet to answer the question about the jeeps he received from #Dasukigate. Abi is Buhari above the law?
Re: I’ll Make Sure Arms Fund Thieves Are Jailed – President Buhari by funlord(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
angry
I will believe it only when I see it popping!!!

(1) (Reply)

GOD Almighty’s Grand Unified Theorem (GAGUT) Gij, J=0, Has Revealed Proven Solut / Trailer Burning On Third Mainland Bridge - Pixels / Bola Tinubu's New Year Message: "APC Offers Nigeria Its Best Chance"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.