Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment (12208 Views)

Why Igbos Should Forget Biafra And Focus On Restructuring - Ohanaeze / Buhari Should Forget South-west In 2019 – Fasehun / PMB Should Send Lai Mohammed To Hold A Press Briefing In Sambisa Forest - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by ritababe(f): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
No ho
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by lewisacid(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
I dy cum back cum comment
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Hundreddegrees(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
I respect your opinion but this stipend still means something to the unemployed youths

1 Like

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by anonimi: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by coalcoal1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
hmm
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
mekaboy:
I think PMB should forget about paying 5000 which they promised to pay. It will just be money looted.

There is no way to track those who need it and those who don't. A staff at the local govt will include the names of all his family members and relatives.

Besides what will 5k do when the prices of electricity, transport and products in the market increase by 40%.

Thy should use the 5k to subsidise electricity.

why? a lot of unemployed and jobless youths are on Nairaland..you find them here from sunrise to sunset. Romance section especially...
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by coded01: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
mekaboy:
I think PMB should forget about paying 5000 which they promised to pay. It will just be money looted.

There is no way to track those who need it and those who don't. A staff at the local govt will include the names of all his family members and relatives.

Besides what will 5k do when the prices of electricity, transport and products in the market increase by 40%.

Would this make Electricity constant?
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by id2011(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
mekaboy:

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by sarutobie(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
and let the 97% sai chanters whose stomachs depend on it to do what?
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by HopeAtHand: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mekaboy, athink PDP don send you message. grin grin

IMO, a honourable man is amongst other things, judged by the fulfilment of his words. Except he wants us believe he employed deceit as a strategy to win elections, Buhari should ensure his campaign promises are fulfilled, the payment of N5000 to unemployed and poor people being a cardinal campaign promise.

Making $1 equal to N1 should follow suit, atleast before the expiration of his tenure. grin
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by MXrep: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided AS FOR ME I WOULD PREFER HE CREATE A SPECIAL INTERVENTION FUND FOR THE VULNERABLE YOUTHS IN THE SOUTH EAST WHO WERE BRAINWASHED AND RECRUITED EASILY BY NNAMDI KANU TO CAUSE CHAOS. IDLE HAND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP. THE 5K WILL KEEP THOSE IPOB YOUTHS PROTESTING OFF THE STREETS undecided
continue consoling urself. they closed their multimillion worth shops to show love for their country. can u do same for urs??

1 Like

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=MXrep post=41422596]
continue consoling urself. they closed their multimillion worth shops to show love for their country. can u do same
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
MXrep:

continue consoling urself. they closed their multimillion worth shops to show love for their country. can u do same for urs??

And what's the name of their country Mention it and get a ban for breaking rule 9

1 Like

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by chichriso: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
true talk dear

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by tosyne2much(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Even if he forgets, homeboyz won't forget. There is this suggestion from Ben-Murray Bruce that's always playing on air regarding this issue.
He gave some suggestions, albeit cumbersome considering the fact that we don't have an organised database in this country.

You ask what 5k would do?
My brother you have never been broke ba? Seems you don't know that some unemployed youths have missed interviews and test IVs because they didn't have transport money.

No ask this question where men dem dey o, your body go hear am.
You are right. Things like that cannot work in a country that cannot account for every citizen (whether employed or unemployed). It will only result in manipulation and looting cool

1 Like

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by PHIPEX(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
That is the most useless policy of all time. It has overtaken PDP intended policy of cooking stove as the most useless. How can a govt that has not paid pensioners, hadn't paid Dec salary of its workers plan to borrow over a trillion naira and share out to Almajiris in 2016?

A govt that's crying over petroleum subsidy (that is even trackable) wants to monthly share money to faceless beggers. Why remove one subsidy and replace it with another complicated subsidy? Every right thinking Nigeria must criticise this anticipated Owambe, who borrows to do Owanbe?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by wristbangle: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Even if he forgets, homeboyz won't forget. There is this suggestion from Ben-Murray Bruce that's always playing on air regarding this issue.
He gave some suggestions, albeit cumbersome considering the fact that we don't have an organised database in this country.

My brother you have never been broke ba? Seems you don't know that some unemployed youths have missed interviews and test IVs because they didn't have transport money.

Now ask this question where men dem dey o, your body go hear am.

In as much as I agree with your comment, for those who are extremely broke/unemployed, I feel the 5K will still not relief their financial woes. Promises that cannot be fulfilled should never be made in any way and now that Nigerians are holding him ransom for this promise, is it now they know we don't have a structured database?
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
tosyne2much:
You are right. Things like that cannot work in a country that cannot account for every citizen (whether employed or unemployed). It will only result in manipulation and looting cool

I want to believe they had it figured out before including it in their manifesto. He has a "good team", they should figure it out na. If e pass them, they should involve other technocrats, it must work o...

wristbangle:

In as much as I agree with your comment, for those who are extremely broke/unemployed, I feel the 5K will still not relief their financial woes. Promises that cannot be fulfilled should never be made in any way and now that Nigerians are holding him ransom for this promise, is it now they know we don't have a structured database?
Someone once said, if you aren't job searching_ (i.e) passionately job hunting, it's safe to say you are not unemployed.
^^^with reference to the above, someone who is job hunting (temporarily unemployed) would appreciate anything.

Perfecto @ emboldened. That's the crux here, they made the promise, now they are trying to renege... nah, they have to fulfil it. It's not our duty to make excuses for them, it's not.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
mekaboy:

Your plan no go work...... Pls take your advice else where, PMB must pay the unemployed the #5k oo
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by macaranta(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
When all these promises were made,I just laughed because they were white elephant welfare projects and are clearly unsustainable given the various constraints.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided AS FOR ME I WOULD PREFER HE CREATE A SPECIAL INTERVENTION FUND FOR THE VULNERABLE YOUTHS IN THE SOUTH EAST WHO WERE BRAINWASHED AND RECRUITED EASILY BY NNAMDI KANU TO CAUSE CHAOS. IDLE HAND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP. THE 5K WILL KEEP THOSE IPOB YOUTHS PROTESTING OFF THE STREETS undecided

Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by kgr8mike(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nigerians in all honesty don't need stipend. We need a government that can at least provide electricity only.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by dotunson(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Na wa ooo. You people cried here on nairaland that the govt should keep to their promise and pay. Now you guys are saying they should not go ahead with it. What do you guys want really?
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by teepain: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3041343_resize_jpeg_jpeg384963ae8ea3da4721c0ff0a90d0291d

The same youths you refer to as "mumu" are still the ones you will later attempt to sell the candidacy of your preferred politicians to during the next campaign.

When the same youths voted for GEJ you didn't refer to them as mumu or did u?

Everybody has a right to support their candidate of choice, I will not support anybody that calls you or any other person mumu based on your electoral choices.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
I agree with OP.

I don't know what government has in mind, but I doubt this plan can work without a proper enumeration of citizens.

The opposition and iPod youths will only wail. Let's not waste scarce resources.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by drss(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
searchiing4love:
thunder fire u there! who need N5,000 form ur daura president south easterners are hardworking business people dat hussle for themselves. not sitting around begging for chicken feets like almajiri.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by yipata: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
true talk
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by tosyne2much(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I want to believe they had it figured out before including it in their manifesto. He has a "good team", they should figure it out na. If e pass them, they should involve other technocrats, it must work o...
I know that Buhari has good intentions. Though no one is barely flawless when it comes to governing the people but my prayer is that people should support him
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by kateskitty(f): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by drss(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
He gave some suggestions, albeit cumbersome _considering the fact that we don't have an organised database in this country.

No ask this question where men dem dey o, your body go hear am.
no be youths buari go give stipends o! Buari n APC has denied saying they will give youths N5,000.
Dem say N5,000 na for old papas n mamas dem n people way marry 4 wives with 15 children.
Re: PMB Should Forget The 5000 Payment by noblegrex: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
I guess this guy made some sense anyways.but all thesame,I guess they must have had everything strategised. Virtually all the presidents we've had keep deceiving us that Nigeria is a poor country and some gullible peeps beleived that. But this man came out to tell us that Nigeria is a very rich country both in human and material resources.to those still wailling about voting APC in government, I think you're still underaged when the 2011 election was conducted. if not,you'll know this has to be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Is 47 Today / APC Wins Akure South, North Federal Constituency Bye-Election / Lagos Re-opens Ladipo Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.