Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? (1081 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra Can Only Be Achieved Through Referendum – PDP Bot Chairman, Jibrin / A Plan Without A Plan (can Biafra Learn From The Brexit?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by adgorwell: 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
On Kanu’s arrest and continued detention by the Directorate of State Service (DSS), my new friend brought out the traditional pro-Biafran argument of “marriage incompatibility”. He argued: if a marriage is no longer working, the best solution is to part ways or divorce peacefully. For my friend Charles, he told me, he didn’t witness the war, but bloodshed is way out of the cards as far as achieving “self-determination” for Biafra is concerned. He argued that the solution is just too simple. The solution he proposed is for Nigeria to conduct a United Nations (UN) supervised referendum to decide the future of Biafrans.

I made him realise that I am not really against Biafra as such, although he found this difficult to believe. I informed him that what I am against is the fact that the agitations by people like Kanu is only filled with political opportunism, which the President Jonathan administration represented. I quoted Carl von Clausewitz, the great Prussian general, in his classic On War, where he writes, “Everything is very simple in war, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction, which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen war.”
Continue reading on...
http://olalekanadigun.com/can-biafra-be-achieved-through-a-referendum-by-olalekan-waheed-adigun/
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
why not if not
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by talktonase(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Yes,it is possible...
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by funlord(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
angry
adgorwell:
On Kanu’s arrest and continued detention by the Directorate of State Service (DSS), my new friend brought out the traditional pro-Biafran argument of “marriage incompatibility”. He argued: if a marriage is no longer working, the best solution is to part ways or divorce peacefully. For my friend Charles, he told me, he didn’t witness the war, but bloodshed is way out of the cards as far as achieving “self-determination” for Biafra is concerned. He argued that the solution is just too simple. The solution he proposed is for Nigeria to conduct a United Nations (UN) supervised referendum to decide the future of Biafrans.

I made him realise that I am not really against Biafra as such, although he found this difficult to believe. I informed him that what I am against is the fact that the agitations by people like Kanu is only filled with political opportunism, which the President Jonathan administration represented. I quoted Carl von Clausewitz, the great Prussian general, in his classic On War, where he writes, “Everything is very simple in war, but the simplest thing is difficult. These difficulties accumulate and produce a friction, which no man can imagine exactly who has not seen war.”
CONTINUE READING ON...
http://olalekanadigun.com/can-biafra-be-achieved-through-a-referendum-by-olalekan-waheed-adigun/

Continue reading wetin? You must finish what you started oh!
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by simonlee(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Biafra?!!
In your dreams!
Better wake up and go to school... Get sense!
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by Omololu007(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
K
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by olawalepopoola: 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
As long as it is all NIGERIANS that will vote, they aren't going anywhere! But if na DEM ALONE, they can get it! #truetalk
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
olawalepopoola:
As long as it is all NIGERIANS that will vote, they aren't going anywhere! But if na DEM ALONE, they can get it! #truetalk

Why will all nigerians vote in the referendum?.Are you okay?.#NoOffense.

1 Like

Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by Vulu: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
olawalepopoola:

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE FROM OGUN VOTE IN A BIAFRAN REFERENDUM? DO YOU ILLITERATES KNOW WHAT A REFERENDUM IS AT ALL?

1 Like

Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
Vulu:

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE FROM OGUN VOTE IN A BIAFRAN REFERENDUM? DO YOU ILLITERATES KNOW WHAT A REFERENDUM IS AT ALL?

Do you even know who an illiterate is?.

1 Like

Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by wadetaw202: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Vulu:

I guess you need a dictionary to show you the meaning of "illiterate", so that you can stop making a big foooollll of yourself on public forum.
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by iconaus: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
olawalepopoola:

It cant be all nigerians. Referendum is for a particular people concerned
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by asorocker: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
wadetaw202:

I guess you need a dictionary to show you the meaning of "illiterate", so that you can stop making a big foooollll of yourself on public forum.
Are you saying that someone who thinks that the whole Nigeria will vote in a referendum for biafra cannot be classified as an illiterate.

And an illiterate is someone who doesn't know how to read and write. It implies the person who doesn't know how to read, this fellow don't know how to read about referendum and write things about referendum.

As far as topics concerning referendums are discussed he is an ignorant

1 Like

Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by Gohee(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
The UN chatter on self determination have not been domesticated in Nigeria, so sovereign state cannot be forced to disintegrate
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by asorocker: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Gohee:
The UN chatter on self determination have not been domesticated in Nigeria, so sovereign state cannot be forced to disintegrate

This is really laughable and a joke on education.

Please which schools did you go to.
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by wadetaw202: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
asorocker:

Are you saying that someone who thinks that the whole Nigeria will vote in a referendum for biafra cannot be classified as an illiterate.

And an illiterate is someone who doesn't know how to read and write. It implies the person who doesn't know how to read, this fellow don't know how to read about referendum and write things about referendum.

Technical illiteracy, abi?
Re: Can Biafra Be Achieved Through Referendum? by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
asorocker:

Stop beating around the bush,only your last paragraph made sense.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Ibtimes UK: Amsterdam-based Lawyers To File ICC Complaint Against Nigeria / Gov Okowa Of Delta State Said Anioma Is Bendel Not Part Of Biafra-Vanguard / Pls Nairalanders Warrisdis???/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.