Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming (6476 Views)

Facebook Messenger Kids App: Will It Work For Nigerian Kids? / How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger / Facebook App Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry By March 2016, What To Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Sometimes,i wake up early in the morning and find myself humming a song which i might have heard somewhere.i try so hard to remember the title of the song so i can download and listen later, but i just can't. I'm sure some of you have been in a similar situation,but bother not,because Soundhound's got your back.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-S6Z5ElxVHlY/VoAMHTWBLdI/AAAAAAAAA5g/ldb1FM466VQ/s1600/unnamed%2B%25283%2529.png[/img]

SoundHound is a music search and discovery experience that helps you identify music being played around you. This app can identify a song for you just by humming the melody or singing a few lyrics.You have to be pretty accurate with your humming for it to guess the song, because it can’t read minds (yet). This App has lots of additional features i think you would love.You can identify songs and see lyrics, share, stream, buy or simply explore more about artists you know and love or have just discovered.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-M7viELWudGM/VoAPTu0E9JI/AAAAAAAAA54/2m6n9X2DhyU/s1600/sound-hound-listening.png[/img]

To identify a song and see lyrics,tap the orange button,sing few lyrics and then wait for it to display.

Download SoundHound from PlayStore

http://www.mobtechy.com/2015/12/this-app-will-identify-song-youre.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Adamsdelrio(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oyinbo and their juju.. Wetin dem no go do? I'm still wondering what's keeping them from finding solution to death. That would be the greatest achievement by man..... Still waiting

2 Likes

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Is dis better than shazam?

1 Like

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
A very useful app that I've been using for years. I prefer shazam though. But op u should have included that it can only identify north American and popular music. It can only identify naija music that are very popular. It can't identify rare naija music eg base one elebolo

3 Likes

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
franciskaine:
Is dis better than shazam?

Shazam is better.

4 Likes

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
greenhulk:

Shazam is better.
thanks
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by ewizard1: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
can you tell why Shazam is better?
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by HerJahSir(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
That ackward moment when u are humming Ebaeno by 5star crew and the app is insisting that it is jantamata by mavins grin

6 Likes

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by oglalasioux(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Oyinbo and their juju.. Wetin dem no go do? I'm still wondering what's keeping them from finding solution to death. That would be the greatest achievement by man..... Still waiting
It's a matter of time. In the next hundred years no one will die through old age again. There's a molecule in the human genome that has been identified as the protein that starts the process of growing old. Give it time and this protein can be taken out of the genome before insertion into the womb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
ewizard1:
can you tell why Shazam is better?

Maybe just personal preference. I've used the 2 and to me shazam has a better interface. They both have similar functions, u can tag music even without network connection and whenever u have internet it will automatically give u the name of the track u tagged earlier. Shazam does that better as it will notify u whenever there's network and it identified the song. SoundHound however will wait until u open the app before it notifies u.

Also they both have real time lyrics, artist information, etc, I just feel shazam does it better. I like that shazam has the tag button on every screen so its easier to tap to identify untile SoundHound where u need to press back to show the tag button.

And to the most important one. Shazam has the tendency of identifying Nigerian music than SoundHound especially those tracks by upcoming artists. I have many Nigerian songs that shazam can identify but SoundHound fails. Also shazam identified these Nigerian songs with matching album art, but when SoundHound identified a Nigerian song, most of the times it doesn't add an album art.

1 Like

Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by wateasarw: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fghjgvbj
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
HerJahSir:
That ackward moment when u are humming Ebaeno by 5star crew and the app is insisting that it is jantamata by mavins grin

grin grin
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
That is virtually impossible to achieve
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by adeememman(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
G3NTL3SOUL:
That is virtually impossible to achieve
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by kayswag726: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
HerJahSir:

lol,d two song get the same rhythm nw
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by kayswag726: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
HerJahSir:

lol,d two song get the same rhythm nw,only God know who copy who
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by PhonePlanet(m): 1:25am On Dec 29, 2015
greenhulk:

Maybe just personal preference. I've used the 2 and to me shazam has a better interface. They both have similar functions, u can tag music even without network connection and whenever u have internet it will automatically give u the name of the track u tagged earlier. Shazam does that better as it will notify u whenever there's network and it identified the song. SoundHound however will wait until u open the app before it notifies u.

Also they both have real time lyrics, artist information, etc, I just feel shazam does it better. I like that shazam has the tag button on every screen so its easier to tap to identify untile SoundHound where u need to press back to show the tag button.

And to the most important one. Shazam has the tendency of identifying Nigerian music than SoundHound especially those tracks by upcoming artists. I have many Nigerian songs that shazam can identify but SoundHound fails. Also shazam identified these Nigerian songs with matching album art, but when SoundHound identified a Nigerian song, most of the times it doesn't add an album art.

+ shazam is more cross platform....its on blackberry even down to os7 its on windows! And other platforms that sound hound is missing.

Shazam is generally bigger and better than soundhound
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Warlord3000(m): 6:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Shazam has a wider outreach and more popular plus being around for years
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by NervousErection(m): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2015
greenhulk:
A very useful app that I've been using for years. I prefer shazam though. But op u should have included that it can only identify north American and popular music. It can only identify naija music that are very popular. It can't identify rare naija music eg base one elebolo
I've once used soundhound where it accurately identified a 1993 Niger music. So I guess it pretty much identifies not so popular songs too.
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Good!
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by Nosainwe(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
musikmatch is another good app,I love it
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by xclusive43(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
It's a cool app,I've been using it for quite sometime now
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by daphid25(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kinda similar to musicmatch
The app can't have all music lyrics tho.
Re: This App Will Identify The Song You're Humming by erwinstafaband: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
wow, nice app

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Inbuilt Screen Recorder On Tecno Pouvoir 3 / Power Bank...( Oraimo Or Itel ) / See The Infinix Hot 2 Vs. The Samsung Galaxy S4 In The Speed Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.