Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Travelling To New York - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To New York (763 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To New York by pharm: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hi all! Am travelling to New York soon and apart from the obvious touristy things, I plan to do some serious shopping. I am staying in Manhatten which I understand to be the centre, so things are bound to be expensive. So wanted to know from those who live in New York or those that have ever visited where i can find good fashionable clothes at reasonable prices, and also where I can get black cosmetic products. Could I please have the name and address of these places. Thanking everybody in advance.
Re: Travelling To New York by omega25red(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
Well i hope your trip here is safe.
As far as shopping goes Manhattan is not that expensive, you just have to stay away from the big name shops (Versace, Gucci etc) Best place to start your shopping in manhattan would be on 34th street and 7th avenue. At this spot you will find macy's which is a big store that sells everything you could possibly want to buy from cloths to shoes to sun glasses. Around that same area you have old navy, Dr. Jays, Gap, H&M etc it's a long strip of stores from like 34th and park to 34th and 9th avenue.

If you are adventurous you can take a trip to down town brooklyn around flatbush they have lots of stores there too and you will run into lots of carebian folks very cool place to experience a different culture

You can also go all the way to the bronx on fordham road which is another long shopping strip cheap but fashionable cloths shoes etc here you will run into spanish folks.

Are far as touristy things empire state building, south street sea port, staten island ferry (free ride) or you can pay to go see the statue of liberty. Bronx Zoo, they have the tour buses around 42nd street times square which is also a place to see.
The list goes on and on hope you have fun.
Re: Travelling To New York by pharm: 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the info! Will definatly be checking out those places.
Re: Travelling To New York by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2009
If you only had a few extra bucks to fly to Houston, you will shop till you drop. Everything in Houston is too cheap. You can also save on sales tax
Re: Travelling To New York by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
new york, new york, big city, big dreams, the big apple. i wish i was in ur shoes bo, anywhere i am better off.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Scared Of Flying? / Air Mishap Averted In Calabar / Don't Travel Without Proper Arrangement For The Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.