Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Greatest Club Rivalry! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Greatest Club Rivalry! (1098 Views)

Who Is Nigeria Greatest Number 9 ? / Wenger Pushed Mourinho: Beef Or Rivalry? / Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal Full Time : The Rivalry Continues!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Club Rivalry! by teeroy(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2006
Some dim-witted english media men will insist it's got to be Man U and some other team.Tell me what u think.Be objective.Limit your pick to one.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by kitaun(m): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2006
You have already placed a limitation to the thread with your leading first statement which is obviously biased. Any and everyone should be free to express their opinion/s. What if i say for me its Ocean boys vs Nassarawa Utd or Asante kotoko vs Hearts of oak?
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by Vieira(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2006
From the ones I have witnessed none is worse than Celtic vs Rangers.

I am a celtics fan but will never go to an old firm match, I no get the liver.

They take it too too seriously.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by salehm(m): 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2006
Vieira:

From the ones I have witnessed none is worse than Celtic vs Rangers.

I am a celtics fan but will never go to an old firm match, I no get the liver.

They take it too too seriously.

Yeah i think the Old Firm Derby is the greatest club Rivalry it is always bloody lipsrsealed
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by Jackal(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2006
@ Vieira,
I think Liverpool V Man Utd is the worst club rivalry i have ever witnessed as a football fan.
Went to Anfield in January 2005 to watch Liverpool play Man Utd.
I saw Liverpool fans throwing fresh human excrement to where United fans sat and that to me is the highest degradation of human lives.
Human excrement? Trust me, the Scousers are the roughest set of people in Europe.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by bolaoni(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2006
Me think there are so many rivalries to point at.

One of the toughest is Real Madrid and Barcelona.

This is a rivalry that transcends the whole of Spanish lives. It goes beyond just football. I was watching a documetary some years back about the two teams and I discovered that the people who formed Barca were in the opposition while those who formed Real were loyal to the government so whenever they play it is something like the government VS the opposition.

There has been times in the past that Barca's fans have accused the Spanish officials of supporting Real all because of the government.

I am not sure the whole thing is still as fanatical as it was in the past. The first time Real fans will ever salute a Barca player was last year and the only person worthy of that honour happens to be the KING himself, RONALDINHO!

How many people remember what happened to Luis Figo at the Nou Camp the first season he went to Real? That was an abomination! Luis knew what he entered into at that meeting. He was harrassed right from the airport till the last minute of that game.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by Mustay(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2006
4 shizzle- madrid vs barcelona is a rich one. In Africa, Zamalek and Al Ahly is crazy! In 9ja me no know.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by Mustay(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2006
4 shizzle- madrid vs barcelona is a rich one. In Africa, Zamalek and Al Ahly is crazy! In 9ja me no know.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by teeroy(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2006
Madrid v Barca anyday!
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by toshmann(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2006
@jackal,

yeah, i guess liverpool man utd is the worst. but it is not always liverpool fans throwing things at man utd fans. there are things man utd fans have done which i can't write here. tongue

but to be objective, i think the award should go to celtic/rangers. here it is not football that is at stake. it is an age long religious rivary dating back to centuries manifesting in the soccer field.

barca/real will be #2, it is an age long political rivalry.

in nigeria, i'll give it to rangers/shooting. it is a long story.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by hustler(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2006
Don't think anyone here mentioned the Rome derby

Lazio vs Roma.

Always filled with controversy,
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by BlackMamba(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2006
RANGERS V IICC (3SC)

YANKEES V RED SOX.
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by Christino(m): 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2006
Rangers vs celtic milan vs inter arsenal vs man chelsea vs liverpool,
Re: The Greatest Club Rivalry! by nosa101(f): 12:46am On Oct 28, 2006
;d

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Grant / Premier League 2014/2015 Only Goals From English Players Count. / Where Can I Get Three Sure Soccer Bets Daily Pls!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.