Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? (3656 Views)

My Dog Is The Cutest And Most Photogenic In Nigeria == Prove Me Wrong! / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( / Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by emeka2847: 1:24am On Dec 29, 2015
Good day everybody.

I just need some expert opinion.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of keeping male or female dog? I know the females can give puppies to sell, but it seems the males grow bigger and so may be better as guard dogs.

My mind is about a GSD or Caucasian but I am confused which sex to go for.

You kind opinion is appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by Gyarados(m): 1:29am On Dec 29, 2015
Male or female ? Why not both bro.
Mp3 music
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by kilokeys(m): 1:45am On Dec 29, 2015
The male..

After while, pup births. The bit.ches are so unsightly when they run towards u with their million boo.bs swaying grotesquely from side to side. angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by jamex93(m): 1:50am On Dec 29, 2015
Female

They are good in all aspect
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by Magpies(m): 6:01am On Dec 29, 2015
Are you keeping the dog has a pet, guard or breeding dog?

3 Likes

Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by Mckandre(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2015
kilokeys:
The male..

After while, pup births. The bit.ches are so unsightly when they run towards u with their million boo.bs swaying grotesquely from side to side. angry
chy, dude ure sick grin
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by lacicrips(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
kilokeys:
The male..

Lol. That ain't fair.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by joeokoriem: 7:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Please people with better experience should help. I'm interested in it too.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by miremoses(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2015
joeokoriem:
Please people with better experience should help. I'm interested in it too.
..get a female...they are more protective and more aggresive than males...and also in terms of breeding..the female brings more
money
NOTE:they require attention more than males,and their upkeeping is more expensive than males....
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by joeokoriem: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2015
@miremoses thanks so much. This info would go a long way to help.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by buchichukwu69: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Thank you All as we await more in put.

But from the contribution so far it seems the main advantage of the mail is that it gives less stress.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by emeka2847: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
buchichukwu69:
Thank you All as we await more input.

From the contribution so far it seems the main advantage of the male is that it gives less stress.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by Folakeme: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
Male,Cos d female breast will breed mosquitoes n flies with time undecided
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by philfrey08: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
MALES
As a first time breeder... i went through tough time with my female dog. She came on heat 2ice and i went thru mating troubles, money wasted, time and fuel, energy... still nothing came out from it. I didn't make money for almost 2yrs till ds last one where she had 13pups and i lost 7 cos of her aggressiveness.

If i had a good male Caucasian, i know that i wud b making 40-60k per month on mating from age 8months including a puppy, thats about 150-200k monthly from 2-3matings.
Females give u money 2ice a year which u cant project cos they hv fluctuations in pups with loses.

If u need a pure breed Caucasian male dog. I have a good one. Contact me on 08086379100

Tis not abou marketing my pups, but every dog breeder sure agrees with me
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by GRACEGLORY: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2016
emeka2847:
Good day everybody.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of keeping male or female dog? I know the females can give puppies to sell, but it seems the males grow bigger and so may be better as guard dogs.

Well, I belive by now you must have decided after reading most post. Though directed at the biz operators, but fact is both depends on the other, none is better than the other:
But in terms of size, give it to the males, in terms of aggression, that depends on training and temperament same way human introverts are forced to be extrovertic, they could be forced too which is not advisable.
But active, and all is basically temperament wise.
As regarding floppy breasts in the females, it depends on care, their are females among us who don't look like they've birthed children, cos they take care of themselves.
As touching protection, give it to the males as they are more territorial.
For example, in man who protects the home, is it the female, no, but the males. The females are care givers, they only get extraordinarily aggressive when it comes to their pups and human family being in danger. But natural protection, territorial... give bit to the igwes-males.
Bottom line, males mature faster than females.
Cheers.

In case you're yet to own a dog, I have a good male for sale: Caucasian.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by LordRegalia: 8:55am On Feb 23, 2016
emeka2847:
Good day everybody.

Good question emeka2847.

Now, i do not profess to know if this cuts across all breeds, but my experience is mainly with boerboels and i know this to be the norm among the good ones (and a few other breeds):

The females are generally more suspicious and wary of strangers and strange happenings, thus they are more likely to bark, make noise and generally get aggravated in strange situations and alert their owners (although this does not necessarily mean they will attack, - but then the threat wouldnt want to take any chances). This makes them better guard dogs than males as they are more likely to be territorial.

The males are generally more laid back and easy going, rarely bark and are confident enough to trust easily. But when confirmed threatening situations arise, the male dog is a sure fire answer to the situation (and they can instinctively tell these situations). He will be more ferocious, deadly and will do a lot more damage to the threat in less time.

Thus in conclusion, females make better guard dogs while males make better protection dogs.

As to the money aspect, it is debatable. For some people the females are more profitable to keep, while for others it is the males.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by chevkosticks(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Reasons why I prefer the male to fmale..is that fmale are burden,if ur fmale dog has not eaten,CHAI!ur mind no go rest..and female dogs are very submissive to strangers to my own experience,they can bark from today till tomorrow to attack na wahala...and you will spend much in keeping a female than male....what of breeding?
When a female comes on heat u will have to find a good stud to do the job,and what if there is none in your area,you will to transport yourself to get that stud,ansd you will still pay money for stud service...Now when the female litters,my brother then you will no that its not easy,you will have to check on the bitch and its litters time to time,but you will gain in it
But what of male?
Having a male does not require spending much,all you have to aim is making the male a good stud,at 8mnths or 10mnths he is ready for mating,and you will still earn for stud service and a pup.....Males are not easily submissive to strangers,once you carry a male on a work and somebody ask you"na man or woman"when you reply male,the kind of space you will receive ehn,you go surprise....so to me I prefer male to females....right now I have a adult male and upcoming male...

1 Like

Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by GRACEGLORY: 10:44am On Feb 23, 2016
chevkosticks:
Reasons why I prefer the male to fmale..is that fmale are burden,if ur fmale dog has not eaten,CHAI!ur mind no go rest..and female dogs are very submissive to strangers to my own experience,they can bark from today till tomorrow to attack na wahala...and you will spend much in keeping a female than male....what of breeding?
When a female comes on heat u will have to find a good stud to do the job,and what if there is none in your area,you will to transport yourself to get that stud,ansd you will still pay money for stud service...Now when the female litters,my brother then you will no that its not easy,you will have to check on the bitch and its litters time to time,but you will gain in it
But what of male?
Having a male does not require spending much,all you have to aim is making the male a good stud,at 8mnths or 10mnths he is ready for mating,and you will still earn for stud service and a pup.....Males are not easily submissive to strangers,once you carry a male on a work and somebody ask you"na man or woman"when you reply male,the kind of space you will receive ehn,you go surprise....so to me I prefer male to females....right now I have a adult male and upcoming male...

I agree 99%
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by emeka2847: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dear All,

I am grateful for all the information received from you.

Thank you.
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
emeka2847:
Dear All,

Thank you.

So which one did u decide on?
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by EddyNumerouno(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
emeka2847:
Dear All,

Thank you.

So which Sex did u decide on?
Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by emeka2847: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
EddyNumerouno:

So which Sex did u decide on?

I have two female GSDs (pix attached); 15 months and 7 months old.

But after all the info here, I am eagerly looking to get a very correct MALE Caucasian or Bull mastiff, with the genetic potential to become a monstrous giant grin

Re: Which Sex Of Dog Is Better To Keep? by GRACEGLORY: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
emeka2847:

I have two female GSDs (pix attached); 15 months and 7 months old.

But after all the info here, I am eagerly looking to get a very correct MALE Caucasian or Bull mastiff, with the genetic potential to become a monstrous giant grin

This will suit your purpose:https://www.nairaland.com/2928554/5-months-few-days-old

(1) (Reply)

Accra Dog Show 2014 / Pls Help... Is My Boerboel Pregnant? / 18-year Old Boy Make Love With Five Dogs In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.