Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona (1036 Views)

Ezekiel Bassey During Medicals With Barcelona (Photos) / NFF Unveils New Jersey For Super Eagles After Signing Multimillion Naira Deal / NFF Pays U-23 Team $500,000, Each Player Gets $12,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by thesoccerhoopin: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2015
From: http://www.thesoccerhooping.com/2015/12/soccer-player-gets-fired-within-hours.html

Sometimes, our past can hurt us real bad and this is a good example of such. New Barcelona signing Sergi Guardiola, 24, who formerly played in Alcoron FC, was fired from Barcelona just within hours of signing his life-changing contract after Barcelona officials came across some of his old tweets which they found to be offensive.

The tweets were sent two years ago by Guardiola, in which he tweeted some offensive comments against Catalonia and he also tweeted "Hala Madrid". Guardiola has denied to have any knowledge about such tweets, even though the tweets came from his personal twitter account.

Guardiola tried to defend himself by saying " I want to make clear. I didn't write those tweets. Afriend took my phone and did it. It is a misunderstanding. The tweets are from 2013, a joke from a friend, i didn't even know the tweets existed. Barcelona has treated me very well. I understand their decision. Now I'm going home, we'll see what happens. Once you are a professional, you support the team that plays the best, and that is Barcelona. Joining them was a dream, now its broken". Photos of his signing and his old tweets below.

Photo Credit:
Barcelona

Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by Chommieblaq(f): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
They ain't been professional about it, this sh*t happened since 2013.

Sacking him is irrational!!!

Although it's also a lesson for young people, in n out of social media, let's be mindful or how we talk, comment, and address issues cos we can never tell want will haunt us or hinder blessing to us.

2 Likes

Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by seunt4ut(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2015
This is why they say Watch your tongue. Word is like Egg.
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by johnwizey: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Eeyah.... Same shiit like dat of miss Colombia
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by acenazt: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Haba Barca u guys are above this now
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by Ay04z(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
real madrid should help him out....
Re: Soccer Player Gets Fired Within Hours After Signing New Contract With Barcelona by Segadem(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
acenazt:
Haba Barca u guys are above this now
yeah, I don't expect this sh!t can come from barca!

(1) (Reply)

Football Betting Thread For Serious And Focused Minds. / More Pics: Pogba lands in Manchester drives in his car for medicals / 5 Football Players That Hate Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.